Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

News: Corvette and XLR show (party too!) 9/25-26/2009

Looks like great fun. I am curious on two things, I see a shiney intake on a RED XLR-V and am curious as to which intake that is and also, I see a front license plate mounted under what looks like the same car... have you had any issues with the police with your plate mounted that way. My NJ plates should arrive in the next few weeks and I DON'T want to drill into my new baby.

JT
We have to have two plates also. Cubby bought a remote control front licenses plate to get around the problem. It works very nice and the plate is a majority of the time underneath, unless we get pulled over then Cubby hits the button. Here is where he got it. Altech Remote Retracable Lincense Plate Holder. If you have any questions PM Cubby and he can answer them for you.

:D OMG! What an awesome time we all had! So relaxed,good friends, silly dogs (No not you Corn Dog), wonderful hospitality, food gulore, what else can I say. There's no place like Bob's!;) And "Jello shot" :worship: what a great job you did!!!!! The Golf cart races were the best way to laugh yourself silly!:laugh::laugh::laugh: I hope "Supa" drives her new sho better, and has better directions!!! :laugh:
I miss everyone already, can't wait til next year! See you all in a couple!
I will post some pics soon too! Busy day today! :willy_nilly:

To all from Jello!

Just now recovering and getting things back in order. Would do it all again tomorrow (without the jello shots!). Thanks for the great fun at the Alamo Restraunt, the gift card (shouldn't have done that), the wine, cookies, help, and friendship. You are all very special people.

Adam had a great time and had another party to go to after ours. I had never seen Adam with a cigar before. He is 31 so he is a man now. Not much I can do.

Love to all,

Paula (Jello)

PS. I'll be sending addresses of the people that helped me if you want to send a card. Not a big deal. Don't say anything about the Jello shots!

I finished up the little tractor today. When you all were here it was still in pieces.

_DSC0385.jpg

_DSC0398.jpg

_DSC0391.jpg

Bob

We loved meeting Adam and his friends, Nice young adults! And no Jello Mom we won't say anything to your friends when we send our thanks for helping you out to make our stay what it was, and that was wonderful! Thank You, Thank-you! You two R so very special and you made our time so very worth it. Enjoy eating out, wish we could have done more for all the sweet things you two did for us.;)
Send the address and we will all send our thanks and appreciation! No problem at all!:worship:
To all from Jello!

Just now recovering and getting things back in order. Would do it all again tomorrow (without the jello shots!). Thanks for the great fun at the Alamo Restraunt, the gift card (shouldn't have done that), the wine, cookies, help, and friendship. You are all very special people.

Adam had a great time and had another party to go to after ours. I had never seen Adam with a cigar before. He is 31 so he is a man now. Not much I can do.

Love to all,

Paula (Jello)

PS. I'll be sending addresses of the people that helped me if you want to send a card. Not a big deal. Don't say anything about the Jello shots!

great photos, great times!

Thanks for posting the pictures, it looks like you guys had fun.

Bob, I really like the ice cream maker and the beautiful little tractor. I'm sure Nick had fun. Paula, I hope the jello shots are wearing off.:lol:

I hope Mr. and Mrs. Monepit enjoyed themselves.

Mr and Mrs Monepit had a great time. It was great to meet everyone. Bod and Paula were great host's. Nick is one crazy dog. Believe it or not that was the first time I saw more than two XLR's in one place and the first time I saw a V. Bob, I bet that tractor looks better than it did in the picture with you when you were what? 5

More pics from the Funfest weekend

Todd and Karen sent these pics for me to post of our weekend down at Bob & Paula's. I tried to keep them in order and gave commentary when I knew what was going on. :lol:

Special snacks for the gang brought by Coyote Karen--not Long's donuts, but just as good!!
S1033275.jpg

Cleaning the cars at Funfest
S1033277.jpg

The view behind us
S1033278.jpg

Supa &Missy Bling at our refreshment tent :lol:

S1033280.jpg

Back at Bob's for the party--The girls taking a trial run and then the blind run. Sorry no picture of them hitting the fence. :laugh:

S1033315.jpg

S1033316.jpg

Bob still laughing after the blind run with yours truely.:dunno:

S1033314.jpg

As darkness fell, Bob thought it best to put the golf cart away to avoid further property damage and possible injury to his guests. ;);)

Then he got out the famous cannon. :willy_nilly:

S1033320.jpg

'Jello Shot' Paula--she uses a spoon. :pat:
S1033323.jpg

Breakfast the next day at the Coles County Airport

S1033331.jpg

Another successful event put on by Bob & Paula--can't wait til next year. Thanks from all of us!!!!:worship::worship:

Thanks for posting the pictures.
Supa always knows where the "Refreshment Tent" is located.:lol: It looks like you guys had a great time. Did any of the ladies dance on the bar?

I hope Karen brings some of those cookies to Madison.

Believe it or not that was the first time I saw more than two XLR's in one place and the first time I saw a V.

Just wait for the Fall Drive...as of right now, there will be 12 XLRs. Looking forward to meeting you & Mrs. Monepit.

Kathy

Thanks for posting the pictures Cubby.

Bob, the Tractor & Trailer turned out very nice.

We had a great time, thanks again.

Hey Paula, remember - there's always room for J E L L O !

T & K

What perfect pictures ... all of that looked like FUN! I just showed Ray the picture where all of the X's are getting their bath at one time ... his comment was "Holy s---, how big is that driveway?" .... hah, he hasn't a clue, just like I didn't, how big your properties are.

Burn-outs - a Corvette? Now that's something I've never seen .... We saw some Mustangs do them once in AZ and we were all covered with rubber soot ..... whooooo-hoooo ..... loved that! Girls, you all look really great, would love to have been in that picture too .... I can see exactly where Lola should have been parked! lol ... :D

Bob ... love your ice cream contraption - beats the heck out of crankin' that thing by hand!

Love the picture of the food - you're right, Corn Dog should have been in that one.

Guys .... the cars look great. How were they veiwed at the Corral?
They were viewed alot. Alot of people showed interest in the cars. I had a perfect spot for Lola. :D

Now that Paula aka Jello has a nickname we need to get her on here. :D

I could see that right off! ;)

Let's see, you guys are just 10 days away from another great trip. :rocker:
Yes we are. I know I would have a great spot for Lola there too. ;):D Wish you and Ray were going to join us but I understand why. We will miss you and as the Bears and Cubs fans says there's always next year. :chuckle:chuckle

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom