Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

The other day my mom went to a dinner theatre. She sat next to someone who owns several cars. One of which was a 05 black xlr. She told my mom they were from yikes Florida. My mom said that her son (me) has one. Wondering if they are a member of this site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got this email from PowerNation - not sure who came up with the tack-on ad! :chuckle

Attachments

• IMG_0691.jpg
    IMG_0691.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 245
Well yesterday I looked down at my instrument panel and saw this
8b392fd8f2bf37f4e0139d65878371d1.jpg
I was already planing on taking her into my dealership for a quick top up fluids and a cleaning. When I got to the dealership they scanned and luckily only gas cap wasn't tightened. But the scan also said loosing gas air. Bad thing is my dealership doesn't have the machine to test. I would have to go their competition for the test. My service advisor said just keep a eye on it. So right now she's in vacation mode for 2 wks.
a102dbf45ed4d8141bb54e3cd3a447c2.jpg
8ca8080b5e0aaf2293ee2b38bb6d2ca0.jpg
just taking precautions and don't want any surprises when I return. The only thing I didn't do is put fuel stabilizer in the tank. But I did top off the tank

Bits & pieces ...

Took my daily driver in to my dealer today for state inspection, and chatted about a few different XLR-related items and learned the following:

-- One of the things that apparently should be on the "what to look for" list for potential owners -- along with checking the "bucket" in the trunk -- is checking the roof panel for signs it's starting to detach. My dealer had previously told me they check our XLR's for this when we bring them in. Since this is also important for current owners, next time I have mine in I'll see if I can find out exactly what/how they're checking. You may want to ask your dealer about this too.
-- At this point in their lives, XLR's really need to be garage kept. It's not clear that even keeping them covered is sufficient. Part of the risk is filling up the bucket o'electronic brains in the trunk with water, but potential leaks from 8-13 year old seals aren't going to be good elsewhere either.
-- For those of you who came on the 2015 Va. Beach/Outer Banks trip, the owner of the Star Black XLR had to sell it. Sad because that was one spunky person, but the car has at least gone to another local owner who is very excited to have it. :thumbsup

And, on that last news note, hopefully we'll get to meet the new owner soon as our dealer wants to set up another local XLR drive in about a month. If anyone "out there" lives reasonably close to Newport News, Va. (which is where our dealer is), shoot me a PM & I'll keep you in the loop!

Amy

P.S.: For folks on here chatting about not being able to hear their turn signal, it seems no one in my area uses theirs so you wouldn't have to worry about it here, just leave it off ... :(

P.S.: For folks on here chatting about not being able to hear their turn signal, it seems no one in my area uses theirs so you wouldn't have to worry about it here, just leave it off ... :(

Sometimes you have to go blinkerless so the other drivers won't speed up/slow down and thwart your efforts. :rolleyes:

Thought of the day

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Attachments

• IMG_0703.jpg
    IMG_0703.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 235
Happy Father's Day!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 244
Trying to figure out how I can maximize the trunk space for a upcoming car show in Savannah Georgia. Mom and I are thinking of going up to savanah in mid October to take part in the allante/xlr show. Ok I am planing this but when I told my mom she said she'll go and shop. 1st I want to redo my sign
8fbca7eef42d96f0d066d42f618a842f.jpg
30dc8a61bcc758678b25b7ec6662ef5e.jpg
I want it to be the same thickness but want to try and make it longer. I can utilize the right storage bin with cleaners and micro fiber towels. I can put the stand in the cargo liner. I have figured that 2 of these "doctors" bag's work well and fit in the 1/4 trunk area.
68b18bad921d3452a88e5d1d0330d1ed.jpg
So I can still drive top down. I have a foldable table and one of those chair n a bag chairs. I could always put those in the seat with me. Since it's only 2-2 1/2 hrs up. I know I'm probably answering my own questions here but was wondering how any of the xlr ppl have done this in the past. I've seen pics of a allante owner that has added a trunk and used that as a trailer to tow stuff. That looks cool and all kinda like the prowler was with its matching trunk. So if any of you guys/gals have any ideas please let me know. Thanks and happy topdown cruising

So I'm working in the Atlanta (SE) area, walk out to go to work this morning and there are 5 late '70s Firebirds in the parking lot. One of the guys was in the lot with his hood open and asked him about the 'birds. Turns out that this is the destination for the annual Bandit Run (as in Smoky and the Bandit) and Jonesboro, GA was the destination. It was where much of the movie was filmed. The guy said there were almost 50 black Trans Am's on the trip. They started in Texarkana, TX and took the same route that the Bandit and Snowman did. Started out with one 'Snowman' truck and 4 more joined along the way. They have about 4 days of activities with Burt Reynolds making an appearance Saturday. Really a cool spectacle to see 5 in one place, can't imagine seeing 50.
933c903df45c8784816296d047f79f8d.jpg

Last edited:
So I'm working in the Atlanta (SE) area, walk out to go to work this morning and there are 5 late '70s Firebirds in the parking lot. One of the guys was in the lot with his hood open and asked him about the 'birds. Turns out that this is the destination for the annual Bandit Run (as in Smoky and the Bandit) and Jonesboro, GA was the destination. It was where much of the movie was filmed. The guy said there were almost 50 black Trans Am's on the trip. They started in Texarkana, TX and took the same route that the Bandit and Snowman did. Started out with one 'Snowman' truck and 4 more joined along the way. They have about 4 days of activities with Burt Reynolds making an appearance Saturday. Really a cool spectacle to see 5 in one place, can't imagine seeing 50.
933c903df45c8784816296d047f79f8d.jpg

Certainly would be 'something' to see them pass you by: there a Bandit Bird....and another ... and another......:burnout: That would be fun to witness and even more fun to be part of!

Happy Canada Day to our Canadian friends! I hope you all have a relaxing holiday with family and friends.
6f34471bdd9d5198fac842f1e28accac.jpg

Tim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Happy Canada Day to our Canadian friends! I hope you all have a relaxing holiday with family and friends.
6f34471bdd9d5198fac842f1e28accac.jpg

Tim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Eh!

Attachments

• Canada BDay_n.jpg
    Canada BDay_n.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 226
Mega millions winning ticket sold near Chicago! Cubby, Chicago Dave, are you suddenly very rich!!! :chuckle

My lawyer and accountant advised me not to say anything to anybody at this time! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cubby, I'm your friend & homie, come on buddy, share! I need a house and some more cars & my own country club and and and .... :worship::worship:

Told Mike he should get this & he did. Looks cool but don't necessarily recommend it for a number of reasons, including that it must have come by row boat from Thailand as it took 2 months to get here. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_1974.jpg
    IMG_1974.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 230

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics