Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

Went shopping yesterday with my baby sister and my little niece and two little nephews ranging in ages 8 to 5. I don't know about anyone else but have you noticed Christmas season brings out the ugly in people. Fellow shoppers can be so rude and don't care to mow down little children to get through. When did it become not acceptable for gentlemen to hold doors open for women or children? Kevin and I taught our boys you hold doors open for elderly, ladies, and children. I wish more people would do that.

It would be nice if people would say THANK YOU when you do hold the door open for them. Americans don't have good manners anymore, Christmas time just makes it worse.

It would be nice if people would say THANK YOU when you do hold the the door open for them. Americans don't have good manners anymore, Christmas time just makes it worse.
I always say thank you and teach the kids if someone does hold the door open I tell them as we walk through say thank you. Big problem today adults do not teach manners anymore to children. Manners is dying. To this day I say yes ma'am/sir or thank you and if someone says thank you to me I reply your welcome.

I always say thank you and teach the kids if someone does hold the door open I tell them as we walk through say thank you. Big problem today adults do not teach manners anymore to children. Manners is dying. To this day I say yes ma'am/sir or thank you and if someone says thank you to me I reply your welcome.

Isn't it funny that we notice the people that do hold the door, because we don't even expect it any more ..... and we're actually surprised? I love it when every great while some little boy about 8 holds the door for me ..... I thank him and then I thank the parent .... for teaching him such great manners. :)

Whatever happened to the Cub Scouts?

The Cub Scouts unionized years ago. Now they want to get paid for doing good deeds.

This is hard to believe but many women are offended by opening the door and tell you in no uncertain terms they can do it themselves. I've always did this but times have changed and manners have pasted with them.

Speedway

Isn't it funny that we notice the people that do hold the door, because we don't even expect it any more ..... and we're actually surprised? I love it when every great while some little boy about 8 holds the door for me ..... I thank him and then I thank the parent .... for teaching him such great manners. :)

Whatever happened to the Cub Scouts?
I tell my nephews to hold the door open or help me hold it open for others. They are too little to do it by themselves. I my self enjoy it when I see young men holding the door open. All men should do it, it's called manners!

Have to finish up Christmas shopping today.

We need to finish ours as well. We purchased a digital camera last night for my niece. My brother said he would take a new Z06, ZR-1 or CTS-V in any color to make things easier for us.:lol: My dad is the hardest person to buy for...not a lot of interests.

Don't rush, you have a week left to shop and prices may get lower. Personally, I do my shopping after Christmas for my Christmas and Birthday presents to myself. Haven't decided what I want yet but I bet something will pop into my mind. I have been told it is hard to buy for someone that has everything, I guess that is why I have not received presents from others for many years. That is okay as I always say it is better to give than to receive, lots more fun.

I have been told it is hard to buy for someone that has everything, I guess that is why I have not received presents from others for many years. That is okay as I always say it is better to give than to receive, lots more fun.[/QUOTE]

You did receive a custom handcrafted 2011 calender.:lol:

HHmmmm. Liquor Store !!!

Someone needs to combine a liquor store and a church. That is the kind of establishment I would attend on a regular basis.

I have already scouted the perfect location !!!!! :laugh::drink:

HHmmmm. Liquor Store !!!

Someone needs to combine a liquor store and a church. That is the kind of establishment I would attend on a regular basis.

I have already scouted the perfect location !!!!! :laugh::drink:
300 Church .... is that kinda like the 700 Club? ;) Count me in. :blinzel:

All you guys that are Christmas shopping .... I think you are the bravest souls in the world.... We have to get 'in line' to get into a mall parking lot ... I will do mine on Monday ... hopefully a lot of people will have to work! And it's sprinkling here - which means that there will be a ton of rear-enders because wet pavement doesn't mean a thing to these people until it's too late. :rolleyes:

I have been told it is hard to buy for someone that has everything, I guess that is why I have not received presents from others for many years. That is okay as I always say it is better to give than to receive, lots more fun.

You did receive a custom handcrafted 2011 calender.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Yes I did and I love it and the disc. I sent a pm to Kathy & you together thanking you. I will enjoy the calender long after 2011 with all the great pictures and of course the disc will never go out of date. Thank you again, that was very nice of you.

Ho Ho Ho, Santa just doesn't know what to do, picked up the brochure on the CTS Sport Wagon this afternoon. I like the looks and of course the things you can do with a wagon you can't do with a sedan. Will have to check out those seats, not sure if they are as comfortable as the DTS or the XLR. Also would be giving up a lot of features that are on the DTS and not available on the CTS. Cadillac should think of those things when they bring out a new model. I don't think I want the hassel of three cars again, keeping up with two is hard enough. That wagon sure is appealing in a lot of ways.

Ho Ho Ho, Santa just doesn't know what to do, picked up the brochure on the CTS Sport Wagon this afternoon. I like the looks and of course the things you can do with a wagon you can't do with a sedan. Will have to check out those seats, not sure if they are as comfortable as the DTS or the XLR. Also would be giving up a lot of features that are on the DTS and not available on the CTS. Cadillac should think of those things when they bring out a new model. I don't think I want the hassel of three cars again, keeping up with two is hard enough. That wagon sure is appealing in a lot of ways.

Buy it. Maybe this is the 'rainy day' you've been saving for .... 'Can't think of a better thing to do with $$ when you have enough than enjoy the fruits of your labor. xxoo

My Dad used to say, there is only one thing to get someone who has everything......penicillin!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

He was always the comedian!! This will be our third Christmas without him, but I know he is there is spirit!

I have been told it is hard to buy for someone that has everything,

All done shopping and all presents wrapped. So glad to be done. All I need to do is buy the liquor for Christmas Eve.

I started that in November, the first semi-load arrived last week ! :laugh:

For me FedEx and UPS had to add my house as a daily stop/pickup. The last load arrived Tuesday, but the drivers still keep coming over and I'm running out of Fruitcake. :blinzel:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom