Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

I DO NOT feel bad for any vette, mercedes or beemer owners ever!!

Maybe you didn't know they coulda all bought an xlr if they wanted, were smart enough lol :lol:

Exactly........that is why I feel sorry for them, they were not swift enough to buy one, they followed the masses and bought what they did. :willy_nilly:

Personally I love the fact that they make those cars: all those cars help to keep idiots out of the XLR's :chuckle

Hey, what am I saying.........we own a 67 Corvette roadster. :pat:

I can't think of anything relating to the XLR that is geeky - and if so, so be it & I'm a happy geek.

I tried to express my feelings about the XLR with my user name & license plate (which is a knock off of my user name). Most people take them to mean "accelerating," but what I intended was "exhilarating," because that is the feeling this car gives. Cool, fun, unique, a spa on wheels.

Local auto reporter had an article in our paper today where he asked, "when was the last time you thought, 'I love my car'?" And my response was, "nanoseconds ago."

........I tried to express my feelings about the XLR with my user name & license plate (which is a knock off of my user name). Most people take them to mean "accelerating," but what I intended was "exhilarating," because that is the feeling this car gives. Cool, fun, unique, a spa on wheels.

Local auto reporter had an article in our paper today where he asked, "when was the last time you thought, 'I love my car'?" And my response was, "nanoseconds ago."

Ya, that was where I was going with my license plates too but everyone just thinks speed. :willy_nilly:

Likewise about the love of the car, this is The One! ;)

Dumped the Run Flats!

I got rid of the run flats and got Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires and I can not believe the difference in the ride. :) SO much quieter & smoother, especially when you lump over manhole covers that have sunk a bit: quite frankly the ride of the car was harsh hitting that kind of stuff, I thought it was due to the suspension and low profiles etc. There are three sunken manholes in a row in town & I instinctvely swerve around them. Right after putting the new tires on I automatically swerved around the first manhole then decided to hit the second & third: I was blown away with the difference! :rocket:

Sometimes as car owners we do some sort of modification and we convince ourselves that it was a great idea and well worth the money. :rolleyes: Absolutely not in this case. My advice is dump the runflats and get regular tires. I have auto club and I am going to pick up a mini compressor and a emergency tire plugging kit before I head to Bobfest next week! ;)

Now having sad all of that, I have a great set of slightly used run flats with only 11,000 miles on them if anyone does not want my above advice but does want a good deal on back up tires! :D

We traveled across the country with someone who did not have run flat's ... and that was not fun. I guess if you are within a 100 miles of a small town regular tires and AAA would be great - but you would not want to cross a desert without a full spare in the trunk. And if you have a full spare in the trunk you definetly don't have much room for luggage. So, I will agree that the ride is probably really nice, but it just wouldn't work for everyone - believe me, Ray DROOLS when he hits a tire store, but we know what works for us ....

We traveled across the country with someone who did not have run flat's ... and that was not fun. I guess if you are within a 100 miles of a small town regular tires and AAA would be great - but you would not want to cross a desert without a full spare in the trunk. And if you have a full spare in the trunk you definetly don't have much room for luggage. So, I will agree that the ride is probably really nice, but it just wouldn't work for everyone - believe me, Ray DROOLS when he hits a tire store, but we know what works for us ....

I'm with you RA... don't think I'd own this car without runflats.

Fun pictures

Here's a picture of our brick @ home, it is a copy of the one @ The NCM. Thanks guys.:wave:

IMG_9817.jpg

Supa's new "Supa highchair":lol::lol:

IMG_9791.jpg

"Laps for Life"

The Charlotte Motor Speedway and the American Red Cross jointly conducted an event today known as "Laps for Life". It was held at the Charlotte Motor Speedway.

http://www.charlottemotorspeedway.com/tickets/laps_for_life/

If you preregistered online to be a blood donor, you were treated to several nice perks. They included a pair of tickets to "Pole Night", which is qualifying for the Bank of America 500, a pair of tickets to the Dollar General 300 miles of courage, which is the Sprint Series race, an event T-shirt, a swag bag and best of all, the opportunity to drive your car around the 1.5 mile track for 3 laps!

You were cautioned not to pass the Pace Car, which was a Toyota Camry! :lol:

So I was just behind the Pace Car. I would lag slightly in turns 2 and 4 which would increase the distance between the Pace Car and Crimson Pearl. Once the gap opened up, I would lay on it pretty good and close up to the Pace Car. On the last lap, it looked like the Pace Car decided to "run away" from me! :laugh:

Of course, that didn't happen! :(

As we came in off the track, the driver of the Pace Car gave me a thumbs up as he headed back to pit row!

It was a lot of fun for a great cause, and going to "Pole Night" and the DG 300 will be fun as well. Before we left the building to drive our laps, one of the Red Cross volunteers told us that they had already exceeded their goal for blood collection and still had an hour left to go!

Very cool, Ken. That sounded like a lot of fun... and like you said, for a good cause too. Thanks for sharing. Would love it if they did something like that here at the Chicago Motor Speedway (or up at Road America). :rocker:

The Charlotte Motor Speedway and the American Red Cross jointly conducted an event today known as "Laps for Life". It was held at the Charlotte Motor Speedway.

http://www.charlottemotorspeedway.com/tickets/laps_for_life/

If you preregistered online to be a blood donor, you were treated to several nice perks. They included a pair of tickets to "Pole Night", which is qualifying for the Bank of America 500, a pair of tickets to the Dollar General 300 miles of courage, which is the Sprint Series race, an event T-shirt, a swag bag and best of all, the opportunity to drive your car around the 1.5 mile track for 3 laps!

You were cautioned not to pass the Pace Car, which was a Toyota Camry! :lol:

So I was just behind the Pace Car. I would lag slightly in turns 2 and 4 which would increase the distance between the Pace Car and Crimson Pearl. Once the gap opened up, I would lay on it pretty good and close up to the Pace Car. On the last lap, it looked like the Pace Car decided to "run away" from me! :laugh:

Of course, that didn't happen! :(

As we came in off the track, the driver of the Pace Car gave me a thumbs up as he headed back to pit row!

It was a lot of fun for a great cause, and going to "Pole Night" and the DG 300 will be fun as well. Before we left the building to drive our laps, one of the Red Cross volunteers told us that they had already exceeded their goal for blood collection and still had an hour left to go!

I LOVE MARION'S HIGH CHAIR ..... How absolutely cool is that? She looks adorable!

The 'stone' looks really pretty with the flowers around it ... Is it in a flower garden?

I LOVE MARION'S HIGH CHAIR ..... How absolutely cool is that? She looks adorable!

The 'stone' looks really pretty with the flowers around it ... Is it in a flower garden?

Yes, the stone is in our front flower garden. We really enjoy it.

Supa's chair is really cool. We have to figure out how to get it to BobFest.:)

Thanks Bruce & Kathy I love my Supa chair! There is a cooler that is on the side also I will not have to leave the chair for at least 12 beers! :D

What if you have to pee after beer #10?

Another beautiful morning during the drive into work...sunny and 60 degrees...perfect top down weather! Scarlett-V brought me to work (again) this morning.
Looks like we'll bring Scarlett-V to Funfest/Bobfest this weekend. She may have to come back home with us.....she's getting used to living at our house instead of Cubby's! :laugh:

Top down @ 60 degrees??? Okay, you're a better woman than I am .... I am going to have to rethink my packed suitcase ...... :willy_nilly:

Another beautiful morning...sunny and 67 degrees. Perfect top down weather. And yes, Scarlett-V brought me to work again. I could get used to this! :lol:

Not so sunny this morning, but the top was still down on Scarlett-V on the drive into work. It was 55 degrees when I left the house...59 by the time I arrived at work. (For those of you who know me, you know I love cooler temperatures!)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom