Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

I have one that size 1/64 also I believe it was Norvo or something like that, the top actually can be manually put up n down by hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By the looks of both pics it looks like this one can do the same

Watching the movie island (2005) It has a scene wheee the cien is shown drivin by some of the characters

40 years ago TODAY!

It was 40 years ago TODAY that I took delivery of my new 1977 FXE-1200 Super Glide. It was special ordered in Arctic White, not a stock color.

Evidently, Harley Davidson must have liked it too, as for 1978, Arctic White was available on both the Sportster and Super Glide.

This a photo of me in front of the Harley Davidson dealership the day I took delivery. (Harley shops weren't nearly as fancy then as they are now)
FXE-1200March181977.jpg

Big brother is now a grandpa. Please welcome the little #cadillacxlr he was delivered today around 2:45 pm. Can you see the resemblance? Now the family is complete. #cadillaclove #cadillaclifestyle

c8beb602058b93cf722a11e52bb21239.jpg

Last edited:
Well, it was a little to windy here to wash the car in the driveway so I left the house around 10 am got to my dealership and said I just need a wash because I'm attending a car show tomorrow. So they washed it for me and then ran home and packed the car up.
d08b3b9943584aaf5e8def82b73bc720.jpg
8dda8b00163ec4cee7ee08ed29123444.jpg
3e4d033ec4ca09fed98560680d060818.jpg
so now she's resting nicely in the garage waiting to show off early tomorrow morning. The group I'm with is meeting around 6:45 am so we can all caravan in and park together. The show is at the fruit cove baptist church in fruit cove /mandarin fl. Then all of us in the group will be going to a club members house after the show. So I'll probably be a zombie in the morning the show is only allowing 300 preregistered rides in. But the show is free to attend and they are serving food free. So all my North Florida southern Georgia ppl come out and enjoy the day. The weather should be nice. They are saying mid 70's and clear.

Even though I was the only xlr at the show today. This beauty caught my eye
9c8663b20a9b64fb98a4454a3e9df71d.jpg
8b6a7737d6717c9c31bd4759d7c1656c.jpg

The Foose was loose!

Just in case anyone was wondering where Chip Foose was yesterday, he was at the Charlotte Motor Speedway Autofair. Saw him several times, talked to him once. He was riding around the track looking at cars.

Just in case anyone was wondering where Chip Foose was yesterday, he was at the Charlotte Motor Speedway Autofair. Saw him several times, talked to him once. He was riding around the track looking at cars.

I have had two SUV's that I put Foose wheels on. He designs great stuff. However he sold his wheel business to a big outfit that own a number of other mfg's like American Racing. I don't think the wheels are as good as they used to be.
John F.

BLACK STAR???

An '06 Black Star edition, #7 out of 250 with 1900 miles, sold for $49,500 at Barrett Jackson this week: https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/2006-CADILLAC-XLR-CONVERTIBLE-206378. Hope the new owner enjoys it & joins our forum!

Just when you think you know EVERYTHING!..:dunno:... I had never heard of the Black Star edition until I heard you mention it here! I was just looking thru the database on 06's and i see it listed in the production numbers for colors etc but could not find mention of it anywhere else. Is the Black Star a special paint like the Black Diamond paint on the more recent Caddies? What else do we know about it? Who wons a Black Star in this group?

Just when you think you know EVERYTHING!..:dunno:... I had never heard of the Black Star edition until I heard you mention it here! I was just looking thru the database on 06's and i see it listed in the production numbers for colors etc but could not find mention of it anywhere else. Is the Black Star a special paint like the Black Diamond paint on the more recent Caddies? What else do we know about it? Who wons a Black Star in this group?

Yes, it looks like the Black Diamond paint. I'd never seen one & never figured out the difference until we had a local cruise & one came along. I took a good look at it, got to drive behind it for a while, it was really sharp looking!

Now I'm ready to hit the streets with the top down! :thumbsup

Attachments

• IMG_0684.jpg
    IMG_0684.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 192
Well my nephew got a big treat. He kept saying one of these days im going to drive your xlr or it will be willed to me. So the day came where we went to go see the fate of the furious at IMAX. It was less then a mile from my house. So he drove it to the golf hall of fames IMAX. But I kept the key fob in my pocket.
5cc32fd909a22f66ad61ea859345e5b1.jpg

Ok after I gave my baby a good run. (It was 93 f here in north Florida).
5314d8df2adb1edfea682799e90b4e17.jpg
f35b68d26b8761514be84ee42b25bb37.jpg
so once she cooled down I lifted her hood and this is what caught my eye. To me it looks like a burn hole has just started. But it could've been there and I just have noticed it now. Here is a pic of it. It's on the drivers side on what looks like the reservoir clip but I could be wrong.
Any help would be appreciated
cfcde636ba8dce906d194e49fd219788.jpg

Hey Guy I think that's a original weld spot mine looks the same (see pic)
834a246d7cb2754b7eb6ce578115d924.jpg

Hey Guy I think that's a original weld spot mine looks the same (see pic)
834a246d7cb2754b7eb6ce578115d924.jpg

Ok after I posted the pic I thought it might be that or some sort of name plate also. I was praying that it wasn't a burn mark.

Ok after I posted the pic I thought it might be that or some sort of name plate also. I was praying that it wasn't a burn mark.

It's all good [emoji23]

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry