Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

They did a great job Dan!!!!

I’m still waiting on my hitters insurance to decide I didn’t throw it in reverse at the stop light & hit him - because of course my car is in such lousy shape that I wanted a “free” paint job. NOT! :reddevil:reddevil And I’ve been missing some flat out gorgeous weather to take it out in!

Looks like I’ll need to ramp up to daily phone calls to check the status...

Well I got to admit I’ve been with State Farm for over 30 years and never had a stalled issue, when Roxy got a stone chip that cracked up the drivers side of the windshield, they said get it fixed by whoever you choose.... then I asked the windshield repair guy what that windshield cost to replace and he said $1,700 I said Thank God for Ins...... LOL But I also carry the comprehensive Ins. on all vehicles with no deductible.... so it didn’t cost a penny out pocket!!! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They did a great job Dan!!!!

I’m still waiting on my hitters insurance to decide I didn’t throw it in reverse at the stop light & hit him - because of course my car is in such lousy shape that I wanted a “free” paint job. NOT! :reddevil:reddevil And I’ve been missing some flat out gorgeous weather to take it out in!

Looks like I’ll need to ramp up to daily phone calls to check the status...

Might be time to put on your lawyer hat Amy!!! :chuckle

Well Roxy’s back and she’s looking damn near brand new..... they did an awesome job on matching the paint! And even painted the hood and then a nice smooth clear coat. Thinking about front end stone protection now, maybe the clear 3M vinyl protection....any other ideas?

8c2edfe97d487f171c5c75a932d90f3f.jpg

e9cfe4b33e70f5707dbc47f54073d4ae.jpg

Great job dan

Might be time to put on your lawyer hat Amy!!! :chuckle

Yeah, I started leaning on that point & suddenly got a response ... really shouldn’t have to do that kind of thing to get things moving ...

florida

that's the great Florida no fault. They want you to pay your damages and the other guy to pay his. No one wants to accept liability.

So insurance is finally going to pay ... they called & said they didn’t even have the make and model of my car :( When I told them, the rep said “X what?” :chuckle Methinks the adjuster is going to know nuth-ing about a XLR!

Well if that year and a half old article has you thinking about a Cadillac C8 type halo car, you should wander over to the Corvette forum and see all the hubbub going on about a supposed Cadillac fob!

Here is the thread:

Mystery Cadillac fob appears. Trunk/Frunk/convertible roof - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

I know it's not happening, the C8 a Caddy. But I really like these pictures!!

Why The Mid Engine Corvette Is Not A Cadillac | GM Authority

For everyone that's been wishing....

Seems like the rumors of a new mid engine Cadillac were appearing on the Corvette forum this morning, but now the thread is gone. Just have to wait until the NAIA show to see.

Last edited:
Your heart FREEZES - then you spring into action

There are always little jobs needing doing around a home: especially when you purchase a 25 year old home. So there is a small closet in our guest bathroom with a pair of bi-fold doors that are just a bit too big for how the doorway was framed - always a tight spot then a clunk when closing. So I am out in the garage with my trusty hand plane making those lovely 'curls' of wood, Steve is in the next bay tinkering around: all the doors and windows open and a nice breeze (80F, mix of sun and clouds)
45186554_1963186050431851_6601883879533969408_n.jpg

Suddenly I hear a bang and I look up to see Steve grabbing for the sheets of plywood (exhibit A) standing up beside his cabinets (my next job is to build a work bench right where the grey plastic utility table is) and the red cart (exhibit B) is spinning and heading for my XLR. Heart stops: I am frozen in place for an instant then spring into action (As fast as this 'nearly' 62 year old body 'springs') I am at the far end of the doors (nearest the camera) plane in hand and somehow manage to get moving. It is amazing how something can happen so fast yet you see it in my mind in a 15 second slow motion clip! The cart is spinning, the drawer that has excellent drawer glides is flung open and it heading directly for 'your pride and joy'. The cart had about 18 feet to travel and I only had about 10 and it was nearly a tie but the cart did just win. Lucky it has 'scrubbed off' much of its speed as I got between the leading drawer and my XLR and all the car had to show for it was teeny tiny mark - like the smallest stone chip you can imagine. Bloody lucky.
20181124_141621 (2).jpg

Did I happen to mention that I let Steve drive yesterday as as we were pulling into a parking spot I said " Careful of that curb" and 'you guessed it', thank goodness my car has that extra ABS ground effect piece and it took most of the scuffing.

It ain't easy keeping them pristine!
:burnout:

.... and YES, the locking wheels on the cart are now LOCKED!

Last edited:
Wish I knew a xlr person that lived close by. I’m pondering with getting the wind restrictor, with a caddy crest and lite up in white. But since I’m not physically able to wire it into the lights, I’m waiting on Monday to call my service/tech guy to see how much they would charge to install. Thinking of something like this.
eb80abd315b660ea58d5818e301f6f83.jpg
. Waiting to call Monday so I can still get in on the Black Friday cyber Monday deal.

Last edited:
There are always little jobs needing doing around a home: especially when you purchase a 25 year old home. So there is a small closet in our guest bathroom with a pair of bi-fold doors that are just a bit too big for how the doorway was framed - always a tight spot then a clunk when closing. So I am out in the garage with my trusty hand plane making those lovely 'curls' of wood, Steve is in the next bay tinkering around: all the doors and windows open and a nice breeze (80F, mix of sun and clouds)
View attachment 8408

Suddenly I hear a bang and I look up to see Steve grabbing for the sheets of plywood (exhibit A) standing up beside his cabinets (my next job is to build a work bench right where the grey plastic utility table is) and the red cart (exhibit B) is spinning and heading for my XLR. Heart stops: I am frozen in place for an instant then spring into action (As fast as this 'nearly' 62 year old body 'springs') I am at the far end of the doors (nearest the camera) plane in hand and somehow manage to get moving. It is amazing how something can happen so fast yet you see it in my mind in a 15 second slow motion clip! The cart is spinning, the drawer that has excellent drawer glides is flung open and it heading directly for 'your pride and joy'. The cart had about 18 feet to travel and I only had about 10 and it was nearly a tie but the cart did just win. Lucky it has 'scrubbed off' much of its speed as I got between the leading drawer and my XLR and all the car had to show for it was teeny tiny mark - like the smallest stone chip you can imagine. Bloody lucky.
View attachment 8409

Did I happen to mention that I let Steve drive yesterday as as we were pulling into a parking spot I said " Careful of that curb" and 'you guessed it', thank goodness my car has that extra ABS ground effect piece and it took most of the scuffing.

It ain't easy keeping them pristine!

.... and YES, the locking wheels on the cart are now LOCKED!

WOW.... hate them close calls! But some times they win and are way to close [emoji30]

Wish I knew a xlr person that lived close by. I’m pondering with getting the wind restrictor, with a caddy crest and life up in white. But since I’m not physically able to wire it into the lights, I’m waiting on Monday to call my service/tech guy to see how much they would charge to install. Thinking of something like this.
. Waiting to call Monday so I can still get in on the Black Friday cyber Monday deal.

Estimate wire up time is less then 2 hours @ set @ about an hour!

WOW.... hate them close calls! But some times they win and are way to close [emoji30]

I immediately thought your accident: my tiny nick is right were your big OUCH happened..... yup: you win the Way Too Close contest...
:(

Wish I knew a xlr person that lived close by. I’m pondering with getting the wind restrictor, with a caddy crest and lite up in white. But since I’m not physically able to wire it into the lights, I’m waiting on Monday to call my service/tech guy to see how much they would charge to install. Thinking of something like this.

I do love those Wind Restrictors and had one for many years. I tend to drive often after dark and when the top is up due to temps. Top up - combined with the wind restrictor there are a ton of double reflections between the Restrictor and the back window. When I had the car down here in Florida two years ago; and being the fact that it is winter so the sun sets early - I often found myself out after dark, and it was cool out so I would be in that situation: top up at night. I took mine off then and never put it back on. I sold it to another XLR-net member from Canada. I don't know if you noticed, but I had the factory mesh one on my car in Bowling Green. It came with my car but was damaged a bit and the straps had pulled out from its rivets so I fixed it (after owning it for nearly 8 years, still had some damage on the one piece) and installed it for BG. I never pointed it out to anyone and not sure if 'anyone' even notice I had the rare factory unit. (Speak up 15 anniversary folks if you did!) I have since removed it as the mesh and its top edge trim is annoying when I look in the rear view: the Wind Restrictor is far less obstructive this way.

Anyway; unless you do a fair bit of night driving with the top up - I am sure you will love it and if you ever go to any cruise nights after dark: they are so cool and can run off a 9 v battery too! It is a fairly easy install, the instructions are great with step by step instructions but yes: you will need someone for that Guy. If I remember correctly it only took about an hour or two to install: the WR company should give you an idea about that and you can tell your installer about the expected time if they dont have experience with them. You can likely purchase one through a local company that specializes in aftermarket installations like led accent lighting, stereos, tinting etc. Good luck with your quest!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back