Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Do you see XLRs??

Wires

Can anyone tell me if you can clean the camshaft position actuator....if so what is the steps.... or if i have to replace what are the steps for replacement thanks :dunno: ???
Also the variable effort steering actuator lead wires ( my are brown and white ) coming from the BCM should both wires have power ?...If not which one should be
hot and which should be ground ? Both of mine are showing power... i thought that was strange !!!:dunno: And the steering actuator it self lead wires are..... one is black... and one is red... which wire go to the white wire.... and which go to the brown wire ?

This post should be moved.

As far as wiring goes, you would be doing yourself a big favor if you had the FSM. Especially if you are testing current or continuity. Those factory service manuals can be found on ebay or Helms, the people that make the books for the GM dealers.

Here is a link to ebay..
2004 cadillac xlr | eBay

And here is Helm's link... That does not work for me currently...
http://www.helminc.com/helm/homepage.asp?r=http://search.tb.ask.com/search/GGmain.jhtml?searchfor=Helm&st=kwd&ptb=D7396704-4FF2-4B30-9F13-93D3A28DC2CD&n=780ba9e4&ind=2014030308&p2=^HJ^xdm003^S0

There is also www.aldatadiy.com that sells an electronic version, some people prefer it over the books.

Can anyone tell me if you can clean the camshaft position actuator....if so what is the steps.... or if i have to replace what are the steps for replacement thanks :dunno: ???
Also the variable effort steering actuator lead wires ( my are brown and white ) coming from the BCM should both wires have power ?...If not which one should be
hot and which should be ground ? Both of mine are showing power... i thought that was strange !!!:dunno: And the steering actuator it self lead wires are..... one is black... and one is red... which wire go to the white wire.... and which go to the brown wire ?
Same as before, Al. This is not the correct forum for this question. This question was also answered when you asked it before.

Last edited:
Thanks

Same as before, Al. This is not the correct forum for this question. This question was also answered when you asked it before.
Thanks...:wave: am new to the forum... do not know where to place answers.... except for this thread of the forum.If this question was answered.... can you please tell me where i can find it ? :dunno:And what i have to do to posts and get answers ?:dunno:

After getting home from FunFest, PJ and I decided the weather was so nice that we put the top down and headed to Forest Park to relax. On the way into the park we ran into this guy.

What color is that? Looks like mustang blue. Head above the windshield? Hope he doesn't put the top up!

Last edited:
What color is that? Looks like mustang blue. Head above the windshield? Hope he doesn't put the top down.

If that guy isn't sitting on the console, he's one big guy!!! Best not to get on the wrong side of anyone that size. :chuckle

Wonder if the St. Louis Rams know he's around... :confused:

Tim

The color is Elektra Blue (Bluestream) new color for 2008. He is a big boy,beat he can't drive it with the top up! He also probably eats a lot of bugs!

What color is that? Looks like mustang blue. Head above the windshield? Hope he doesn't put the top down.

Actually, he did stand up inside the car and sit on the console. He wanted to be sure PJ got him in the picture. I think he's a very successful hair stylist and has no interest in the Rams.

Just happen to glance over at the welcome center in Hannibal mo and see a silver xlr. The driver door was just closing. Don't know if they will go north or south on 61 around 11:20 am on sat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lately, I've seen several XLR's here in California. However, I was on the phone and could not take a picture. I saw a silver XLR with his top down onPacific Coast Highway today.

Around 8 am today (Wednesday) coming out of the world golf village area with a partial plate lettering kin or something like that. my mom and nephew saw a red xlr. They couldn't tell if it was a v or not. But it was a sight to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Madcurl- that was probably me on Saturday.
Are you in the San Diego area?

Lately, I've seen several XLR's here in California. However, I was on the phone and could not take a picture. I saw a silver XLR with his top down onPacific Coast Highway today.

Right Color, but wrong interior

The person I saw had a black interior.

photo-9_3.JPG

Black XLR spotted in Myrtle Beach, SC

Alexis and I were in Myrtle Beach last week and as always when we travel, we keep an eye out for XLRs. We didn't see any on the trip to or from.

We went to eat breakfast Thursday at our favorite spot, Dino's. When we pulled in, we saw no XLRs, but after we were seated, I saw that a Black one had pulled in and the driver was already out. I kept an eye on the XLR to see who was going to get into it, as I was going to speak to them.

I went out and had a look at it, it was a 2006, 2007 or 2008. It had SC license plates and the dealer logo on the deck lid indicated that it had been purchased from the local Chevrolet dealer, so it was a local car.

I finally spotted the driver getting in the car. It was a blonde-haired woman with a ball cap and a ponytail. I decided not to approach her since she was alone and the optics didn't look too good for me to do so. :(

I finally spotted the driver getting in the car. It was a blonde-haired woman with a ball cap and a ponytail. I decided not to approach her since she was alone and the optics didn't look too good for me to do so. :(

Now if Dave would've been with you....... You could've bet $50 and he would've talked to her! :laugh: :lol:
That was GOOD ice cream in PA!! :chuckle

Chad

Now if Dave would've been with you....... You could've bet $50 and he would've talked to her! :laugh: :lol:
That was GOOD ice cream in PA!! :chuckle

Chad

Yes, and Dave was such a good sport about it to buy ice cream for everyone with his winnings! :thumbsup

I-275 Cincinnati

Saw a silver Base '04 or '05 on I-275 near I-74 at around 4:20 PM today. I waved as I went by in my V, but no response.

Spotted in Fresno CA.

Last Tuesday while in Fresno, Ca I was exiting a parking lot and on my right I saw something that caught my eyes! It was XLR and with the same color as mine, but this one had the "nipple protuberance" on the trunk. Quickly, I rolled down my passenger side window and snapped a picture. The XLR had custom plates and blingout license plate frame (picture to be posted in a few).

Oh yeah, I own this page:cool:

Last edited:
Saw this beauty today when i pulled into my dealership. I had to have some interior work done on my leather. my service and salesman told me the guy ususally comes in on thursdays. But when they called the company the lady said that he should be there. but he was called in on a customer at another dealership. So they told me to come in on sat. My service guy said they had 2 red xlrs in for service yesterday. The one left and shown here is from a local preacher. he did the aftermarket mesh grill. But i won't go into anymore detail because the person might be on this site somewhere. my service guy said he's local jax/st augustine area. The car has a nimnicht car ID tag. my service guy said you don't want this one. he has to much internal work that needs to be done. So thats all im saying on this issue

IMG_9409.jpg IMG_9414_2.jpgIMG_9419.jpg

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry