Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Do you see XLRs??

Thumbs UP for the "I''m only 66" comment. :thumbsup Great attitude.

FYI, I've redefined "elderly" as someone more than 10 years older than I.

Tim
LXXV

BTW, we thank you for your service, Al. :patriot:

First year sighting for me today in Marietta Ga 8 miles from the BIG CHICKEN, (for those who know). Elderly man over 70, I'm only 66, in a 04-05 Crimson Pearl XLR in great condition with the top up in 85 degree weather. Why? We were both going in the same direction for at least 8 miles before I made my turn. Great views for at least 15 minutes, no pictures. Haven't learned to eat, text, drive and take pictures at the same time. I'm old school. Just eat, text and drive. He did have Tennessee plates and acknowledged my thumb's Up.

My car goes out tomorrow with the top down to another car show starring my XLR again. Love the car show circuit.

Yesterday (just shy of 5pm) I spotted a silver XLR driving southeast on FL 520 doing that shortcut thing from the 528 Bee Line to I 95.
Cruising top down and enjoying the day........

Steve

Went to a car show last evening Dallastown Pa. for the Mason Dixon car club, parked then walked down to register and here sets a 08 V the elderly couple was in the restaurant eating, not in the show, he said he had an 05 and swapped up to the V it had 10,400K they had the top down and noticed dust on the on flap that comes forward when the top down, they have it trailered to Fl. In winter. They said they never heard of the forum so gave them a card and off they went! Awe and he said it was his toy! Lol ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433688003.550476.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1433688029.419888.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1433688063.419706.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Saw at the Dairy Queen in old town st Augustine a dark red Xlr with a gate sticker in the window. 620 on Thursday

What in the hell is going on. Spotted my 2nd XLR for the year yesterday. Wait a minute. It's was in the 90s, and yes the top was down. Long live the summer in hotlanta.

I know I'm crazy but not that crazy. Temps here in north Florida low to mid 90's. Not good for being topless

I know I'm crazy but not that crazy. Temps here in north Florida low to mid 90's. Not good for being topless

It's not usually the temperature that gets to me it's usually the yucky humidity when it's so sticky that you can't breathe. And being close to the ocean, it seems to be usually more humid in them areas but then also closer to the ocean you get the ocean breezes!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

It's not usually the temperature that gets to me it's usually the yucky humidity when it's so sticky that you can't breathe. And being close to the ocean, it seems to be usually more humid in them areas but then also closer to the ocean you get the ocean breezes!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

But Dan that's why there's a California. Of course it doesn't rain there.

But Dan that's why there's a California. Of course it doesn't rain there.

and of you do Earthquakes right?
We had last Monday a severe storm go through our area and some high force wind took the top of one of our 80-90 foot oak trees and dropped it in our front yard! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434334412.989104.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1434334459.041434.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1434334480.696452.jpg

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

One of my Instagram followers posted this. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435888068.887208.jpg

Last edited:
I see phoney XLR-V's

This is a phony V, has all the badges in the wrong places. Being a 04 & 06-V owner for 9 years I have to say this makes me angry. I just found out from my local Cadillac dealer in SO CAL that their are only seven V's by vin numbers left in California & one is mine. In 9 years of driving either to work 60 miles in my van or on local trips in my V I can add up on one hand how many XLR's I have seen, except for some local car shows with other friends with XLR's and a few of those I wouldn't take out of the garage looking the way they took their cars to a car show. I'm convinced that most XLR's are in Florida by reading these threads. Mine is for sale on this site.:blinzel:

One of my Instagram followers posted this. View attachment 5390

Yeah after zooming in on pic. It has the "wart" and the plate is North Carolina. Personalized bill someone. But I don't know if it's official fake but the v emblem is under the regular Xlr badge lettering. Doesn't the v badge replace the Xlr lettering?

XLR badge is on one side and V on the other on the trunk, not together, no Supercharged badges on door either. wart was removed on V's and satellite pickup is in the outside mirror. Do people really think other people are that stupid? It's a fake.:reddevil

Yeah after zooming in on pic. It has the "wart" and the plate is North Carolina. Personalized bill someone. But I don't know if it's official fake but the v emblem is under the regular Xlr badge lettering. Doesn't the v badge replace the Xlr lettering?

XLR badge is on one side and V on the other on the trunk, not together, no Supercharged badges on door either. wart was removed on V's and satellite pickup is in the outside mirror. Do people really think other people are that stupid? It's a fake.:reddevil

That's what I thought

Can we say faker

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

I've seen people do this acouple times. Only a few have actually placed in the right spots. Looks like they kumho tires on there "holy all terrain tire"!:(
In my world their called POSERS!:(

Was not the wart gone on all '06 and later? Of course there were no earlier Vs so a V would never have a wart from the factory.

I've known of at least one true V where the badging on the trunk was reversed. Not from the factory that way.

FWIW, my V has both on the same side. You can not always tell by the badging. 2014_05_12--18_08_243721.jpg The hood shape is usually a good test that can be done on the street.

I understand people putting in a mesh grill for the look, but don't understand posers adding fake V badges. Simply V wannabes.

I've known of at least one true V where the badging on the trunk was reversed. Not from the factory that way.

Yes, ELWOOD is dyslexic on the rear badges.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom