Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Do you see XLRs??

Dallas Car Sharks

I was working around the house on Saturday. When I sat down to have some lunch, I turned on the TV. There was a show on by the name of Dallas Car Sharks. The gist of this show is that they buy cars at an auction, fix them up and then sell them. Not a show that I regularly watch, but somewhat interesting.

One of the guys on the show bought a Plymouth Prowler at the auction. It only needed some detailing before he was to sell it. He decided to have some pictures of the car shot by a professional photographer to help sell it. The photographer was shooting in a building with classic cars and other automobilia around, like neon signs. He also incorporated a model in the shoot.

The interesting thing was that in several of the shots, there was a silver XLR in the background!

Black XLR on !-25, north of Denver...

Anyone from here?

We were on vacation with our C6 Vette, returning to AZ from Wyoming. Traffic was moving very, very slow when a top down, black XLR slides up besides us. XLR driver looks over at us and we give him the "thumbs up" motion,,,,and he is all SMILES. I'm sure it made his day! Drove 2,900 miles this trip, and that was the only XLR we seen. In 2014, our vacation took us 3,400 miles in the XLR, and we seen 'one identical' XLR like our's in Lincoln, NE. Few and far between seeing these cars on the road....much like our Plymouth Prowler. I guess,,,,that's a good thing. If we wanted to blend in,,,we'd take the BUS ............ as one member says
icon7.gif

Anyone from here?

We were on vacation with our C6 Vette, returning to AZ from Wyoming. Traffic was moving very, very slow when a top down, black XLR slides up besides us. XLR driver looks over at us and we give him the "thumbs up" motion,,,,and he is all SMILES. I'm sure it made his day! Drove 2,900 miles this trip, and that was the only XLR we seen. In 2014, our vacation took us 3,400 miles in the XLR, and we seen 'one identical' XLR like our's in Lincoln, NE. Few and far between seeing these cars on the road....much like our Plymouth Prowler. I guess,,,,that's a good thing. If we wanted to blend in,,,we'd take the BUS ............ as one member says
icon7.gif

Yep we all love the thumbs up!!![emoji106]🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Anyone from here?

icon7.gif

Are you on Corvette Forum, too? I'm a long time Vette girl and super excited about getting my XLR (hopefully later this week.) I live in Dallas and have seen exactly one on the roads, once, since I moved here 5 yrs ago. I know there have to be some here, but I haven't seen them. I did see one at Cars and Coffee one month.

Glad you found us,,,

Are you on Corvette Forum, too?

I'm a long time Vette girl and super excited about getting my XLR (hopefully later this week.) I live in Dallas and have seen exactly one on the roads, once, since I moved here 5 yrs ago. I know there have to be some here, but I haven't seen them. I did see one at Cars and Coffee one month.

Yes,, I'm on two Vette forum sites... C6 Z51 Daytona Sunset orange coupe...... post as the same screen name here.

WELCOME to XLR ownership, and ENJOY the ride......

p z

Are you on Corvette Forum, too? I'm a long time Vette girl and super excited about getting my XLR (hopefully later this week.) I live in Dallas and have seen exactly one on the roads, once, since I moved here 5 yrs ago. I know there have to be some here, but I haven't seen them. I did see one at Cars and Coffee one month.

Welcome to the forum and hope to meet at one of the events someday! Check them out there still a few events for this year! Please post the year, color and some pictures if you can!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Last edited:

Welcome new owner to the best Xlr forum around.

Well today my dealer called and told me my gas door part was in. So I ran the car down to the dealership as soon as I got done with my appointment. Then around 330 he calls and said its all done and will be ready to pick up soon. So I got a ride and arrived at my dealership. Low and behold I saw this beauty. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436232723.920116.jpg. It ends up being the guy that bought the v that I posted earlier. I was able to meet the couple at a event a couple months back. Then one of the porters backed my baby up right next to theirs. Here is a rare pic for me. Because I rarely get the opportunity to c another Xlr side by side next to mine. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436232988.377473.jpg.

Did you find the 05 silver Nickel you were looking for? Did you also know that Windrestrctor is located in a suburb of North Dallas? These people put a lighted unit on my car back in 07 for free and I agreed to show it off at Rendezvous II in Bowling Green. They were very pleased with the orders they got and worked out for both of us.
To bad you don't want a light platinum 06-V, mine would make your day.:wave:
Bob

Yes,, I'm on two Vette forum sites... C6 Z51 Daytona Sunset orange coupe...... post as the same screen name here.

WELCOME to XLR ownership, and ENJOY the ride......

p z

Thanks! I'll look you up on the corvette sites. My name is the same everywhere, too. :)

Welcome to the forum and hope to meet at one of the events someday! Check them out there still a few events for this year! Please post the year, color and some pictures if you can!

Thanks! I'll post up when she gets here. I'm hoping by week's end.

Welcome new owner to the best Xlr forum around.

:wave:

Here is a rare pic for me. Because I rarely get the opportunity to c another Xlr side by side next to mine. View attachment 5400.

That is very cool indeed!

Did you find the 05 silver Nickel you were looking for? Did you also know that Windrestrctor is located in a suburb of North Dallas? These people put a lighted unit on my car back in 07 for free and I agreed to show it off at Rendezvous II in Bowling Green. They were very pleased with the orders they got and worked out for both of us.
Bob

Must have been someone else looking for the silver Nickel. I specifically didn't want silver (or any variation thereof) because one of my Vettes is silver. :)

Are you selling your V?

Bob

I just looked. The Windrestrictor location is about 30 minutes from my home. :) I'm actually in Carrollton.

Bob

They now have new remote controlled box and 7 colors. They also have awesome door sills too! Oh BTW Bob mine was "NOT FREE" Have a great summer

Attachments

• Blue WindRestrictor.jpg
    Blue WindRestrictor.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 238
  • 01eb5b51f7d8dd021ff2254f00d11d2371f6106327.jpg
    01eb5b51f7d8dd021ff2254f00d11d2371f6106327.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 217
  • from iphone 1083.jpg
    from iphone 1083.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 233
They now have new remote controlled box and 7 colors. They also have awesome door sills too! Oh BTW Bob mine was "NOT FREE" Have a great summer

OOOO, I love the saying on your windstrictor. I will have to quote you! :cool:

Nice mats, how do you keep them clean?
I said free, but I did have to drop down to Dallas from OK City & wait until 2 am to wait for first install in a XLR, then drive all night to Memphis then to BG & hand out flyers in hotel parking lot for three nights, so really not free.
Super nice owner & staff.
Bob

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yes the whole group are nice people Stephen has given me a few good deals!
As for the mats they are not used I used mine original mats as they are soiled then put these in for car shows! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436297212.884772.jpg

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Be careful Liz, Day or night I force myself to look through my etched V and Standby in smaller letters under the V. The lower you put a figure or writing the easier to see through. This is of course is if you don't mind not seeing the flashing red & blue lights in your mirror.:laugh:

OOOO, I love the saying on your windstrictor. I will have to quote you! :cool:

Saw an infrared XLR-V on "Counting Cars" tonight when "The Count" visited Steve Barton's collection of 32 classic cars, including a Ford GT & a Cadillac race car. Pretty cool he chose an XLR-V for his collection!

The Count is checking out Frankenstude, while I'm checking out that headlight, hood & seat tops I recognize in the background!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 249
Saw an infrared XLR-V on "Counting Cars" tonight when "The Count" visited Steve Barton's collection of 32 classic cars, including a Ford GT & a Cadillac race car. Pretty cool he chose an XLR-V for his collection!

The Count is checking out Frankenstude, while I'm checking out that headlight, hood & seat tops I recognize in the background!

I'm watching counting cars now. I had a car club meeting so I couldn't watch the program. I just got back 20 min ago. Thanks for posting pic though

Coach saw a black mid-year (no wart, no 09 fascia) twice yesterday in northwest Edmunds. If this is you or you know who it is, please pm us. We haven't met another owner in the year+ we've been here. Thanks

May have been commented on before but in scrolling the news column on Yahoo Finance there was an ad for Hotwire's car rental services and the car they used to get the public's attention was a silver XLR! Sure got my attention. Amazing that they would use an out-of-production, atleast six year old car that I'm not sure you can rent anywhere in their ad. Nice.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom