Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

ECM Swap

eagranillo21

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Black Raven XLR
Hi Guys,

I have a question that I haven't been able to answer myself. I know HPTuners can tune the 07-09 XLRs but they cannot tune 04-06 (I'm 05.)
My question is, will I able to directly swap an 07 ECM into my 05 with no problems then have it flashed and tuned or are the plug ins different in the later models?

Thanks!

A) My 06 XLR-V has an E67 ecm so it can be tuned just fine - so it maybe that the based 06 can't be tuned, I can't remember which ecm it has

B) AFAIK you cannot do an ecm swap between the 05 and 07 base because the wiring is different... most notably the crank position ring on the older 4.6L engine is different that the newer models - so you have to break down the motor and swap the rings - my understanding is that its just cheaper to trade the 05 for a newer model than put in the labor to do the swap.... but of course, if the motor is already out and and already being worked on, maybe it won't cost anything. something to consider.

I have not really seen anyone with a tune on a base xlr any year. I would like to hear from someone that has had it done. Some people buy a so called tune tha tis actually jus ta plug in to make the accelerator a little faster acting .about 100-150$ .Not sure if its available for xlr but all it does is trick the drive by wire to move a little farther than normal when you touch the accelerator. SO when you press the pedal 1/4 inch it thinks you have pressed it 1/2. Waste of money. Oh and Richard is correct too many things changed in 06 then in 08 to swap an ecm into a 04-05

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom