Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

GOT IT!!!!!!!

BILLS_XLR

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Black/Shale XLR-V
Picked it up yesterday from XLRV LVR and drove it from Tampa to Atlanta averaging 79.9 MPH AND 25.2 MPG. Spent most of last evening programing/reprograming everything. Really nice car! Exceeded my expectations. Only issue is that my Garage door opener will not recognize the Homelink signal from the car. Everything flashes as it should on the button on the visor as it seems to recognize the remote but I cannot synch the car with the opener....any clues?

Congratulations! We're sure you're gonna love it!

The HomeLink is a little trickier to program for newer, "rolling code" openers; you'll actually have to get to the opener and push the little button on it to get it to know your XLR. Oh yeah, you also have to do it quickly, or theyll never "see" each other.

Here are the details from the manual:

Garage Door Opener Programming - Universal

<A href="http://127.0.0.1:9001/servlets/BlobShtml?ShtmlFile=657670&pubid=423&evc=sm&cellId=47809#ss1-453123">Garage Door Opener Programming

Important

Do not use the garage door opener (GDO) with any garage door opener that does not have the stop and reverse safety feature. This includes any garage door opener model manufactured before April 1, 1982.
Be sure that people and objects are clear of the garage door you are programming.

The GDO is programmed by using the customer's hand-held transmitter(s).
Turn the ignition OFF while programming the GDO transmitter. Follow these steps to program up to 3 channels:
  1. <LI type=1>If you have previously programmed a transmitter, proceed to Step 2. Otherwise, hold down the 2 outside buttons on the GDO transmitter for approximately 20 seconds, until the light on the GDO transmitter begins to flash rapidly. Then release the buttons. This procedure erases any previous settings and initializes the memory for all 3 channels. <LI type=1>Decide which of the 3 channels you want to program to the transmitter you have. <LI type=1>Hold the end of the hand-held transmitter against the front surface of the GDO (less than 1 inch) so you can still see the light. <LI type=1>Using both hands, press the hand-held transmitter button and the desired button on the GDO transmitter. Continue to hold both buttons through Step 5.
    Important

The GDO is compatible with most, but not all, types and brands of transmitters. If the GDO light does not flash rapidly after 90 seconds, there may be a compatibility conflict with the transmitter used to program the GDO. Call HomeLink™ at 1-800-355-3515 in order to address this problem.
  2. Hold down the buttons on both transmitters until you see the light on the GDO transmitter flash slowly and then rapidly. The rapid flashing, which could take up to 90 seconds, indicates that the GDO transmitter has been programmed. Release the buttons on both transmitters when the light starts to flash rapidly.
<A href="http://127.0.0.1:9001/servlets/BlobShtml?ShtmlFile=657670&pubid=423&evc=sm&cellId=47809#ss1-453124">Training the GDO for Rolling Code Receivers

This procedure is for training the customer's rolling code garage door openers to their GDO transmitter. The GDO must already be programmed to its hand-held transmitter. The training process below must be completed within 30 seconds or it must be repeated.
  1. <LI type=1>Locate the train button on the garage door opener receiver. Refer to the operator's manual for the garage door opener (or call HomeLink™ at 1-800-355-3515 for assistance). Follow instructions for the garage door opener in order to determine when the unit is in train mode. <LI type=1>Return to the GDO transmitter in the vehicle, and press the button that you want trained for rolling codes 3 times, for 1 second each time. If not successfully programmed, try 2-5 seconds each time.
  2. Press the button used again in order to verify that the GDO transmitter has been programmed.
You may use either the hand-held transmitter or the GDO to open the garage door.
The GDO is compatible with most, but not all, types and brands of transmitters. If the GDO light does not flash rapidly after 90 seconds, there may be a compatibility conflict with the transmitter used to program the GDO. Call HomeLink™ at 1-800-355-3515 in order to address compatibility concerns.
<A href="http://127.0.0.1:9001/servlets/BlobShtml?ShtmlFile=657670&pubid=423&evc=sm&cellId=47809#ss1-453122">Erasing Channels

To erase programmed channels, hold down the 2 outside buttons until the light on the GDO transmitter begins to flash. Individual channels cannot be erased, but can be reprogrammed using the Garage Door Opener Programming and the Training GDO for Rolling Code Receivers procedures.
<TABLE border=1 width="100%"><A href="http://127.0.0.1:9001/servlets/BlobShtml?ShtmlFile=657670&pubid=423&evc=sm&cellId=47809#tab1-549419">Non-Compatible Garage Door Openers

<TBODY><TR><TH vAlign=bottom align=middle>Manufacturer
</TH><TH vAlign=bottom align=middle>Model Number
</TH></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=left>Chamberlain
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>G-3467
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=left>Click Card
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>ATDG-90
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=left>Genie
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>AR-55
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=left>Genie
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>AR-30
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=left>Linear
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Code Red
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Moore-o-matic
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>DX Format
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=left>Micom
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Safeway
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=left>Pulsar/Allister
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>20
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=left>Skylink
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Skylink
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=left>Stanley
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>1048
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>1054
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>1064
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=left>Telectron
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>T-22A
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>T-80
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>T-80G
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>TP-21
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:dunno:Thanks HOME but I have already set the GDO to learn and the LED on the does flash when I hit the button on it but when I return to the car and hit the button three times it does not synch Could it have something to do with the mild to wild set up. I don't think so and I'm going to try again it with a different GDO remote...

Congratulations!!!!

You got you a great one. Floyd really enjoyed the car & took great care of it. It sounds like you had a fun drive home. ENJOY!

Thanks Bruce... your reservation for a ride in the Cobra is on the books!!!!

HOME. Using the original transmitter did the trick...I have no Idea why but it's workin, ..thanks.

Bill

Congratulations on your new toy! Enjoy the ride!!

Kathy

Well, it took over 10 months to pull the trigger after I bought the Vette--tough decision. . .

I'm sure Bill will enjoy and take very good care of the Black Sheep.

A bit down the road, who knows, I could very well be sitting in another.

Well, it took over 10 months to pull the trigger after I bought the Vette--tough decision. . .

I'm sure Bill will enjoy and take very good care of the Black Sheep.

A bit down the road, who knows, I could very well be sitting in another.

Well, Floyd, sorry to see the Black Sheep stray ... but I knew it was just a matter of time. Hope you enjoy your 'Vette as much, and have some great journey's in it. It would have been fun to see you and MA in Colorado Springs this year ....
But ... maybe Bill can drive up.... it would be nice to meet him and see the BS (!) again ..
Stay in touch ....

Very nice.....Congrats!!!!!! :cool:

Beautiful and stunning have a great time driving it as I am sure you will.;)

Speedway:wave::wave::wave:

If you see a Radiant Silver 09 V GR84SUN (GA) stop and say hello
Congrats on the ride

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry