Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Hand Accident

Madam some of the M&Ms will be together this weekend. TTFB is suppose to be with us for dinner. We will be able to give you an update then if TTFB doesn't get a chance to get on here. I will also see my Homegrown this weekend to, I believe, I will smack some sense into him I hope. I'll just get Homegrown drunk and make him make reservations for San Antonio while I'm with him. :D:D:buttslap:

Atta' girl .... I knew I could count on you .... Oh, buy Rich some popcorn to go with his beer ... he can't say no. :reddevil

OK, OK. I have been tardy in checking in. The flogging is deserved. The job search has taken a priority.

I am past the "healing" but the recovery is long from over. The range of motion, strength, and sense of touch is still improving with the damaged middle finger. I can do many things now that could not be done even a couple of weeks ago.

I have continued to work on my prosthetic thumb. The last modification two weeks ago was a new frame that offset the thumb to a more natural position. This was done due to the improvment in motion and strength of the middle finger, which functions as the index finger.

The next change will be to replace the three piece frame with a one piece design. That will eliminate the rivited joints and some weight.

IMG_1530.jpg

IMG_1528.jpg

IMG_1533.jpg

We're looking forward to seeing friends this weekend in Indy.

Bob

Hey .... that looks very cool ...

You have a Transformer Thumb that matches your Transformer Car! :rocker:

Hope you guys have fun ..... raise a glass for me ... :beerchug: ...wish I could be there too.

Hey .... that looks very cool ...

You have a Transformer Thumb that matches your Transformer Car! :rocker:

Hope you guys have fun ..... raise a glass for me ... :beerchug: ...wish I could be there too.
You could be with us, just fly in. :dunno:

My wings are a bit tattered right now ....
'wouldn't get me to the next town!

What fun we could have ... you all make me laugh so hard ... :D

You guys are going too???

Well - see you in a few weeks in SA! :wave::wave:

It has been ten years....

Last weekend marked the tenth anniversary of my accident. I'm getting along about as good as anyone. Still miss my thumb though....

Should have celebrated with a plate of finger foods.... Shot off some ladyfinger firecrackers...

Last weekend marked the tenth anniversary of my accident. I'm getting along about as good as anyone. Still miss my thumb though....

Should have celebrated with a plate of finger foods.... Shot off some ladyfinger firecrackers...

At least you didn't lose a sense of humor.....................

i remember when you called and it seems like yesterday. Haven't been able to get down and see you, but am definitely going to make the time to drive down in the new Z06 to see you and do some shooting....Soon! I remember telling you, that was a terrible way to get a nickname......TFB! Three finger Bob. See you before the holidays!

I'll look forward to that Kev. Hope that there is a warm weekend in the near future.

Great Thanksgiving weekend!

Had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and then spent Saturday with my old friend Bob reminiscing past XLR get togethers at Bobfests' past. Weather was nice enough to be outside to even do some shooting! Had a great time with a great friend! Thanks Bob. The Midwest group will have to make a trip next summer to Effingham and a trip to Paradise Lake!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom