Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Hand Accident

rleonard

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
06 Infra Red XLR-V Midwest Marauder; Chief Machinist
I had a misplaced split with my log spitter. My hand was in the way. I've lost my thumb and index fingers on the left hand. Reattachment has been unsucessful.

I'll update as I am able to.

Bob

I had a misplaced split with my log spitter. My hand was in the way. I've lost my thumb and index fingers on the left hand. Reattachment has been unsucessful.

I'll update as I an able to.

Bob
:(

Bob, sorry to hear that.

Always got to be careful when it comes to chopping or splitting wood. I almost took off one of my fingers a couple months ago when I was using a hand saw to cut a thick branch off a tree.

Dear Bob,
David and I are so sorry about your accident! You are definitely in our prayers. Please keep your spirits up - your friends are all with you! Let us know how you are doing.
All the best-
Cathy and David

Bob,

You are in our thoughts and prayers. Stay positive and keep your spirits up. Let us know if we can help in any way. You're not that far away, we can always make the trip down there. I know Paula is there taking good care of you.

Kevin & Marion

Bob,

So sorry to hear about your accident. Wishing you a speedy recovery and letting you know that our good thoughts and prayers are with you at this time. Stay positive and try to keep your spirits up....it helps the healing process.

Maryann & Floyd

Bob, we too are sorry to hear about your accident. We are thinking of you and hoping for a quick recovery. Let us know if we can be of help.

Bruce & Kathy

Oh, Bob -- what a terrible accident! When did this happen? Has the good doctor's suggested any other alternatives for you?

Hang in there .... and keep posting and let us know how you're doing ....

xxoo

REALLY sorry to hear about you accident. My father had an accident several years ago with a table saw... cut his right index finger amost off and the thumb was cut to the bone. The doctors were able to reattch the finger, but he has always said he wished it was gone as it ended up being stiff and always in the way.
Anyway, hope all goes well with your recovery. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Bob, what can I say,:dunno: they said it all. Get well soon!
REALLY sorry to hear about you accident. My father had an accident several years ago with a table saw... cut his right index finger amost off and the thumb was cut to the bone. The doctors were able to reattch the finger, but he has always said he wished it was gone as it ended up being stiff and always in the way.
Anyway, hope all goes well with your recovery. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Bob - you will be in my thoughts and prayers for a good outcome from your accident.
Diane

Bob,
Very sorry to hear about the accident. Years back I was chopping some wood and almost lost the tip of my index finger. I kept the log & axe all these years - the wife thinks it's pretty strange.
Anyhow, best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Bruce

Bob,
Hope you are up to par soon. Sorry to hear abou the accident. Please let Kevin and I know if you need our help. You know we will drive down and come help out. Please don't hesitate, what are friends for. Please keep us updated.

Bob,
Jim and I wish you the quickest recovery. Please keep all of us informed as to how your doing.
Jean & Jim

Hey Bob,

That's a tough injury to have, and very sorry to hear it. But do consider the alternatives... you're still typing away! Good luck and don't hesitate to ask for help...plenty here.

Frank

The reattachment was unsucessful. I have meetings shortly on the next action and surgury

Bob

Surgery

Bob, I am so sorry the re-attachment was not a success. I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts. First Robin

In 3 to 6 months I may look into a toe to thumb transplant. I need to do a lot of healing first.

bob

Bob .... isn't it something how a split-second can change your life? I am glad that you have been offered some alternatives ....
For sure you will have to make some real adjustments to how you do things now .... you will get real creative!
Shop tools scare the h*ll out of me .... when Ray runs those table saws and stuff, I just cringe .... his best friend came to our house once holding a shop rag around his thumb wanting Ray to take him to the hospital ... he had sawn off his thumb almost all the way through .... lucky for him, reattachment was successful .... I know you will hear a million of these stories, because it's much like Men and their Cars ..... Men and their Tools .... But we wouldn't want you any other way. Hang in there. :cool:

The Hand Clinic @ Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN

Hi Bob, you might want to go to Mayo Clinic for another opinion from their Hand Clinic. I saw Dr. Linchied back in 1980, he probably is no longer there but they have the best hand people I know of. They also took care of my cousin which is a long story that I won't go into but that alone is what got me to go there and I spent five and a half weeks there. Just thought you might like to know this. First Robin:patriot:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom