Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Hand Accident

We need our weekly update Bob. We are all concerned about you and just want to know how you are doing. :wave::wave:

Dear Friends,
The last checkup in Springfield went well. The skin graft has taken and the wound is closed. I need to be very careful as the grafted skin is like tissue so it is wrapped for protection. Over the last week it has improved slightly and taken on a slightly more opaque skin color, but I am still reminded of a sausage casing when I look at it.

I have severely limited motion in my remaining fingers. Part of this is from swelling due to the trama, and possibly from the immobilization from bandages. I have instructions to move and stretch as much as I can.

I'm in a healing mode. It will take a lot of time and I do get impatient and frustrated at times. Paula and I have had some "tender moments" over this but she has handled things well and put up with me. For that I am most thankful.

I head back to Springfield mid December. In addition to the checkup, I am going to see a prostetist to see if an appliance could be fitted ahead of, or perhaps instead of the surgical solution.

I have phantom pains and can feel the missing fingers. I try not to think about that though. The pain is managable and I refrain from stronger medications until bedtime.

That is about all there is to report at this time. Thank you all for your encouragement, prayers, and concerns.

I started the V after a battery charge. A sweet sound....

Bob

Bob, it's great to hear from you...thanks for the update. You are so lucky to have Paula by your side. Stay strong.

Bruce :)

Glad everything is progressing well... prayers are with you for a speedy recovery

I think of you everyday - we know how many adjustments you have to make just to do simple things that you used to take for granted ... The good thing I heard in your message is that you are still able to push the start button on the XLR! :D

Thanks for updating us ...

Day-by-day ..... :wave:

Thank you Bob for the update. We know Paula is taking good care of you. We are all praying for you. Let us know if you need us to post more jokes or stories for you to keep your spirits up.

Update 12/8/08

Bob and Paula spent Friday and Saturday with us. I can tell everyone Bob looks wonderful and has a very positive attitude. Paula is doing a good job at taking care of him. Just wanted to let everyone know he looks good.

Ahhhh, what a gal our Paula is .... :angel

Thanks Mar, for the update .... so what your telling us is that Bob is using his other hand to :drink:! Smart man ... I knew he could adapt!

Seriously .... very happy to hear that you guys were able to see each other and that you, Bob, are doing better. :wave:

Bob and Paula spent Friday and Saturday with us. I can tell everyone Bob looks wonderful and has a very positive attitude. Paula is doing a good job at taking care of him. Just wanted to let everyone know he looks good.

Thanks for the update Marion.

Kathy

Bob may have to go to the Big Beer Funnel if he is going to try and keep up with Super Freak:laugh:

Bob, it's good to hear that you and Paula are doing well. Time spent with good friends is the best medicine.

Bruce :wave:

Bob may have to go to the Big Beer Funnel if he is going to try and keep up with Super Freak:laugh:

Bob, it's good to hear that you and Paula are doing well. Time spent with good friends is the best medicine.

Bruce :wave:

I think you're right, Bruce. Time with good friends does help--Bob didn't even get mad when we came up with a couple of nicknames for him--Lefty and knuckles:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I came up with "three finger Bob". New nickname? Other suggestions?

Bob

First Christmas Present

My Sister gave me my first Christmas present today. I had mentioned how sensitive my hand is to cold temperature. She is an expert seamstress and a little modification of a couple of nice pairs of gloves and presto! She is so sweet!

Bob

Love the gloves Bob. Your sister did a good job. ;)

How's the hand? Gloves keeping it warm? Let us know how your doing three finger Bob.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom