Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Inauguration Day

Lola's Mom

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Black Raven
:patriot::patriot::patriot: A new President of the United States! :patriot::patriot::patriot:

Truly a historical event for the U.S.

Let's hope that the next 4 years bring us all some prosperity and peace.

P.S. Since I have always had to work on the day our new presidents were sworn in this is pretty cool to watch since I finally just got to visit D.C. last year. :cool:

You're right, Bruce ....

Now on to the best thing about this whole thing .... isn't that Presidential limo awesome looking? :rocker::rocker: Cadillac, of course ..... from what I read it is a tank in a tux. Every time they show a shot of it from the front my heart skips a beat. I think I'm in love... :lol:

I'm really excited about the next four years and I'm proud to have been able to see this incredible moment in history. :mad:

Because a small New Hampshire newspaper, the Keene Sentinel is published and delivered in the afternoon, they are one of a very few true, Inauguration Newspapers coming out with a published memento today.

They actually delayied printing in order to capture the moment and produce a true Inauguration memento.

If anyone is interested in acquiring copy, stop by

http://keenesentinel.com/

You can call and request a copy and they will be putting up a form on their web site to purchase a copy.

Did you all notice that Bush beat it out of Washington and took the old Air Force 1 with him to Texas. He is also sending his presidential limo to the ranch. Now this is a way to save money. Now O' Bama has to buy a new AF-1 and that limo he was in today was just made for him. I'm sorry but I'm tired of this money being wasted when we need it so bad. Change? Yea, that's what we get in our pockets when there done spending our money.:patriot:
You're right, Bruce ....

Now on to the best thing about this whole thing .... isn't that Presidential limo awesome looking? :rocker::rocker: Cadillac, of course ..... from what I read it is a tank in a tux. Every time they show a shot of it from the front my heart skips a beat. I think I'm in love... :lol:

Did you all notice that Bush beat it out of Washington and took the old Air Force 1 with him to Texas. He is also sending his presidential limo to the ranch. Now this is a way to save money. Now O' Bama has to buy a new AF-1 and that limo he was in today was just made for him. I'm sorry but I'm tired of this money being wasted when we need it so bad. Change? Yea, that's what we get in our pockets when there done spending our money.:patriot:

DITTO!! I can't understand why Obama felt the need to spend 160-170 MILLION on his inauguration - the MOST EXPENSIVE to date!! I'm thinking that President's should have to spend their OWN money for their inauguration - then maybe they wouldn't put on such an affair. Also, I heard on the news this morning that the gowns that Michelle wore were bought by the Obamas. I'm immediately thought - "yea -- WITH OUR MONEY"!!!!

And I heard on the NEWS this morning that he now wants to Nationalize all of the Banks in The United States. BEWARE, THESE ARE DANGEROUS TIMES FOR ALL OF US.

And the biggest question of all ..... where IS all of the money - physically ... who has the money and where is it? :confused:

Right now it is spread out amongst all of us; but it will be going to Washington to pay for all the dreams and promises of our now current administration:ugh::ugh::ugh:

:) ... I guess Inauguration Day means different things to different people ... I think of it as purely a historical event .... a Changing of the Guard, if you will ....

I would be lying if I didn't say that the future of the Country seems pretty scary.

Even with the prediction that the economy will turn around the 2nd half of 2010 ... what more will happen between now and then - and why will it turn around then? And the biggest question of all ..... where IS all of the money - physically ... who has the money and where is it? :confused:

The current bail out funds came from various countries, half has been given to banks which used it to buy up other banks which did not help the poor people loosing their homes which is WRONG. Of course this borrowed money has to be repaid which means as Cubby stated it will be coming from all the tax payers. Everything so far has been borrowed as our country has been broke for several years. The next three Trillion will also be borrowed and will have to be repaid by the tax payers. This country will never get out of debt at the rate Washington is spending. Hope this helps you to understand a little better. First Robin

I didn`t vote for the man. Color doesn`t matter to me and it doesn`t the matter the color of our prez because, its just business as usual. Spend,tax and spend some more. Its going to angry me if the new "Air Force 1" is a airbus.

:) ... I guess Inauguration Day means different things to different people ... I think of it as purely a historical event .... a Changing of the Guard, if you will ....

I agree, it means different things to different people. And it is truely a historical event! :patriot:

Kathy

This country is facing the real risk of a Depression folks, not an "Economic Turndown", not a "Recession" - an honest-to-goodness return to soup kitchens and really tough times. And Obama's first order of business? Shut down GITMO and ban "abusive interrogations".

Our state is set to run out of cash in a few weeks, we have already been warned all state tax refunds will be withheld.

On the bright side - Caroline Kennedy has decided not to seek public office. :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Change Has Come.....

Makes a HUGE difference who is in power, doesn't it ?????????????????

MAJOR Leading Headlines On This Date 4 Years Ago:

"Republicans spending $42 million on inauguration while troops Die in unarmored Humvees"

"Bush extravagance exceeds any reason during tough economic times"

"Fat cats get their $42 million Inauguration Party - Ordinary Americans get the shaft"

Major Leading Headlines Today:

"Historic Obama Inauguration will cost only $120 million"

"Obama Spends $120 million on inauguration; America Needs A Big Party"

" 'Everyman Obama' shows America how to celebrate"

"Citibank executives contribute $8 million to Obama Inauguration

"Change" has come….

This was an "hysterical" event watching the faces of the blacks filling the mall (and most of them where black because they live there and where able to get up front early)and thinking it was a line for a free check.............My mom and dad lived through the depression and I was born in the depression.
You people think of this as a fun trip down memory lane? When this trip is over you will remember it for a long time time like my mom, dad and me.
Optimistic is a word, not a result.
Ron, I'd like to ask you to make a new thread for our different views on this subject, before it gets out of hand, after all this is a car forum.
I have to side with, your Cubiness & Mswaim on this one. 107 million for a party while we are being taken to the cleaners? We all need to open our eyes and understand what is going on here.

I agree, it means different things to different people. And it is truely a historical event! :patriot:

Kathy

Gee wasn't that plane an airbus that went down in the Hudson river and the jets fell off when it did a soft tail landing?
I've flown down the Hudson river many times and wondered what I would do if the prop stopped turning and wouldn't start. I would have stalled my plane as low as I could and tail dragged the plane in the water until the front dropped and sheered off the landing gear the same way the engines sheared off on that airliner. You don't think this pilot thought of what he would do if it happened to him many times before it did? You betcha he did, because he was a darn good pilot.
Now for color: Color does make a difference. The black people of this country think they are somehow going to profit from this change in color. Didn't you see them all crying for joy. Well I don't see this happening. NO, I'm not racist, I voted for O :patriot:because the other man was to weak in my estimation. Palin was stronger than McCain. I would have voted for her in a NY minute if she was running but she would need a stronger vice president for me to back her.
I didn`t vote for the man. Color doesn`t matter to me and it doesn`t the matter the color of our prez because, its just business as usual. Spend,tax and spend some more. Its going to angry me if the new "Air Force 1" is a airbus.

That wasn't my intent to make anyone feel like they where riding the fence, I respect everyone's thoughts on this subject, in fact my comments where just that, comments.
We all have different thoughts about what is taking place and we all still have that right to freedom of speech, the question is, how long. But we are all Americans and the good folks will make this country come back. The back sliders will still be there with their hands out and that includes banks, the auto industry, and the meek, but what the h*^l, they will inherit the earth.
No one is blaming this regime, but we have to look back to make sure we don't make the same mistakes again.
My name is Forest Gump and that's all I have to say about that.
I don't have many years left, but I'll fight for this country until they run out.
I will let you all battle it out :)

My parents too were a product of the depression, but their spirits remained in tact. I am not riding the fence ... I just choose to look at things differently.

The new regime did not put us where we are - this new administration is barely 48 hours old ... the old way obviously wasn't working anymore .... it doesn't do any good to look back - everything needs to move forward. :patriot: Including me. :pat: :lol:

I agree - this forum is not the place to get political (mainly because I am so NOT) .... so, as you can see, I have deleted my posts, other than the ones where I celebrated the Inauguration ... :patriot:

:burnout:

http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSman000 I would never delete a post, especially to appease someone. This is still a free country with free speech and Ruthie you are entitled to that. We all just have different opinions.
I would rather be thrown off every forum than let someone think for me.
I agree - this forum is not the place to get political (mainly because I am so NOT) .... so, as you can see, I have deleted my posts, other than the ones where I celebrated the Inauguration ... :patriot:

:burnout:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back