Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Insurance Quotes

Wawanesa USA is my choice ... the 1 year quote is $600/year less. That is a lot. The difference is in the collision costs for all 3 cars - but mainly the XLR.
Thanks to all of you ... this was really worth shopping around for ...

Whew! Glad this is done. :willy_nilly:

Wawanesa USA? never heard of them. FWIW, FYI, I googled them and found this: ttp://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/445/RipOff0445853.htm
I may still check them out for pricing tho..., but found they only write in California and Oregon.

They have a really good reputation here .... 3 of my extended family have worked for them for years and years. They're like See's Candy .... a local favorite, but not located everywhere!

P.S. Every policy has Cancellation Notice Guidelines which usually do require notice or a penalty could be invloved.....

I wasn't ignoring your request about Hagerty, I'm just very busy it seems. Anyhow, the info here about drivers, multiple cars, etc was pretty close to my policy also. Anyhow, sounds like you good insurance somewhere.
Bruce

They have a really good reputation here .... 3 of my extended family have worked for them for years and years. They're like See's Candy .... a local favorite, but not located everywhere!

P.S. Every policy has Cancellation Notice Guidelines which usually do require notice or a penalty could be invloved.....

When I canceled Hartford I still had about two months to go on their policy but they only charged 10% of the remaining coverage cost. It wasn't much and I got the refund check in three days.

Floyd (BB)

Dropped the check off to Wawanesa ... the policy savings was 1/3rd ... $660/year. From close to $2000 down to just over $1200 for all 3 vehicles.. And the deductibles were changed from 500/500 to 100/500. Interestingly the agent told me that they do not write policies to any one who does not have a clear 3 year record. Not even 1 pt. He also said that they don't write new policies for new drivers. Everyone must have a clean 3 year driving record history. He said, that since they do that they are only insuring the cream of the crop and the rates stay low. I'm good with that. I figure that's $600 toward the gasoline increases this year. :blinzel:

This was discussed last year ... but I'd like your comments and input this year ... yesterday our quote for auto insurance came in again. We are not in a No-Fault state ... can't use FL rates.
Our insurance is currently through AARP The Hartford ... the quote is just shy of $2000 for the YEAR ... (3 autos) .... that is up by a couple of hundred dollars from last year ... So, I am shopping around today and tomorrow. I have checked with AAA - they ARE about a hundred less - but they require a membership fee ... Does anyone else have a recommendation? If you have one but don't feel like being public would you either PM me or send an email.
It's the XLR Collision that is so high ... almost double the other vehicles .... but I guess that makes sense ... :willy_nilly:

I know this is an old subject. But my insurance is AARP Hartford like RA's, and when this thread came up, I was a little worried about my rates. Well I finally got my statement the other day. My rates for 2010 are only $171 more!! The rates on the XLR went down! They did send me a notice about having a ticket in 2007 (BG RII :lol:) and the wife had a,,, what I'm calling a non fender bender with our CTS. She was backing out of a parking stall, turn too sharp and scraped the other car. Problem was, to repair our car they had to replace the head light assembly ($), a wheel and tire ($), and the front fascia ($), had a crease they couldn't get out. NO metal was bent!!! All that,,,, $4,000+

So I'm happy with my AARP. It's less of an increase than I thought it was going to be! I think it's priced better than anything else I can get around here. And AARP has been good to us, with the wife's accident and my deer run in with the XLR, they've paid everything! I think like everthing else, insurance costs are going to go up!

Chad - just for grins, get a AAA quote. That was lower than our AARP insurance by about $300 and they do the profit sharing thing so you get back $$$.

No one came close to the Wawanesa of CA quote. The '86 MB was our bugaboo to insure because we insure it as a DD.
I did about 6 quotes. State Farm was the highest - almost double. (Agent rates) - All the biggies, like Geico etc. were just about a hundred bucks or so within the AARP quote.

Here's something I wish I could "shop" for ....
Our DMV fees are always high ....but wow, our CA goverment decided to "help balance" our State budget by again screwing with our license fees... this year the XLR is $554 ... yikes.

Here's something I wish I could "shop" for ....
Our DMV fees are always high ....but wow, our CA goverment decided to "help balance" our State budget by again screwing with our license fees... this year the XLR is $554 ... yikes.

Ours in Illinois have been historically low for years--vanity plates cost me 130.00 each for all my cars and motorcycles.(5) Now with the state not being able to balance the budget--like all politicians everywhere; they are tripling all fees regarding plates, drivers licenses', etc. It will be expensive for me to keep my special plates (The Harleys have '05' on my Road King, '06' on my Fatboy, and of course 'CUBY' on the V. My other cars have my company name w/ a number.) May have to quit advertising my business.:lol:

Yeah registrations here in Florida just went up, now it costs $58.10 per car!! :mad:

Floyd (BB)

On RuthAnn's recommendation we checked Wawanesa, we're now insured with them also. They are getting the house policy soon also.
Tags for only $58.00 a year in Florida, I guess that's one nice down there. (sorry about the slam on Florida, but that is just ridiculously cheap)
Bruce

On RuthAnn's recommendation we checked Wawanesa, we're now insured with them also. They are getting the house policy soon also.
Tags for only $58.00 a year in Florida, I guess that's one nice down there. (sorry about the slam on Florida, but that is just ridiculously cheap)
Bruce

Tags for my new DTS were $1,000.00. We pay personal property tax on our vehicles in Colorado. I will find the receipts for my insurance and post later. I have been with State Farm fifty two years, also have my home and umbrella policies with them so I get lots of discounts and dividends.

FR - it's a pain in the b___, to get new quotes, but you might be surprised. Then again, if you're happy with your agent, your coverage and the service, price be damned. Probably Colorado has lower rates anyway. It's hard to go tit-for-tat from state-to-state ---- even different zip codes have higher rates than others. LA is a lot more expensive on auto insurance than say, La Mesa .... why? More accidents in LA.

'Happy for you, Bruce. I actually have 2 family members that work for Wawanesa. We have a service center less than 10 miles from here - although it doesn't matter, I don't think any of the insurance offices make you "bring your car in" anymore for estimates.... do they???

'Happy for you, Bruce. I actually have 2 family members that work for Wawanesa. We have a service center less than 10 miles from here - although it doesn't matter, I don't think any of the insurance offices make you "bring your car in" anymore for estimates.... do they???
Oh no and I told them I knew you, I'm surprised they even spoke with me! LOL.
Did it all over the phone.
Bruce

Oh no and I told them I knew you, I'm surprised they even spoke with me! LOL.
Did it all over the phone.
Bruce
That's very cool to know -
I did the quote online and was sent "the application" - I could have sent it back, but took it back because it was very close.
I did not know that Wawanesa was that big of a difference - Ignorance is bliss (and expensive sometimes) - even though the girls kept telling me that I should "just check it out" ... glad I finally did. Glad you did too.

My rates went up when I registered the vehicles in Colorado Springs rather than Salida. Two reasons, more traffic and more Hail Storms which is the bigger factor. My homeowners jumped way up also due to the hail storms. I carry the highest coverage I can get plus a million dollars umbrella policy so I feel very safe and when I have compared the coverage I have with the same coverage with other companies there really is no difference. When I bought the first house in Florida I could not get insurance so I went into a pool. The frist trip back to Colorado I learned that since I had State Farm on everything else I could get State Farm to insure my Florida homes even though they were not writing any new policies in Florida. Yes, I have been very happy with State Farm for fifty two years. They have always taken good care of me.

We have a service center less than 10 miles from here - although it doesn't matter, I don't think any of the insurance offices make you "bring your car in" anymore for estimates.... do they???

I had to bring Misty in to a local Progressive Insurance Center to get the price and to start the authorization process to get her repaired.

I had to bring Misty in to a local Progressive Insurance Center to get the price and to start the authorization process to get her repaired.
That's interesting. We filed a claim with The Hartford and they sent an adjuster to the house. THAT was nice.

P.S. We liked State Farm too ... they carried our car insurance for almost 30 years. They still insure my house.

Hah... Progressive Insurance ad's are my grandson's favorite .... he thinks that girl is HOT! :lol:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom