Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Kenwood DNX893S in the XLR

Richard, it looks like the Sirius SXV300 still requires a separate antenna. Original poster was wanting to use the stock XLR antenna

Hello,

Trying to keep the ACC and amp connection in the best place for future reference.

I have a 2006 with a Kenwood aftermarket stereo and amp that was installed in the car when I bought it.
The aftermarket installers tossed the factory amp and based on this post, I believe that is why my ACC does not work. The chase on the steering wheel controls has been extensive and everything seems to work other than the ACC module does not power up. I purchased another one and replaced it before reading this post, so now I have a spare ACC controller.

I have a 2004 parts car sitting in my garage and I have the factory stereo in that car so I can add the amp back in if needed. That car never had functioning ACC either so I have nothing to work with or go forward with.

Can anyone tell me or steer me toward the process for setting up or paralleling the factory amp so that the 2006 ACC will work?

Thanks,

FTH

Assuming you are talking about the cruise control, seems to me the CD player is the driver in some way for that. I have an 07 V so replacing the radio had no effect on the cruise control. Based on this, I might guess that the Gap button on the steering wheel is routed Thur the CD player? Seems all the other steering wheel buttons are. Maybe someone can verify that on the wiring diagrams for your 04.

I don't have much detail on this, but here's my understanding...

The Radio and amp does provide a cross over point for some of the bus... but you don't need it to do that, you can just jump the bus wires

also, my understanding with the ACC is that the steering wheel controls all go directly into the radio to provide connectivity to the bus... so if you remove the radio, you need something to interpret the steering wheel buttons and output bus data that the ACC understands... You can solve this problem either by putting the original radio somewhere in the car and connect everything up, or just ditch ACC, or you can build some translation device with a microcontroller (but this last option is probably out of reach for most unless you like tinkering with that sort of stuff)

Hi,

This info is a start and takes me further than I have been in the past few years with this issue.
All of my steering wheel controls work, and we have tested them. With that I don't think that I need anything from the factory radio or head unit. Its the power or communication to the ACC control module mounted inside the rear console. I might PM Gratch because he seems to be a little more in sync with what I describe, I have no idea how the power or connection is set up to the ACC module through the factory amp.

Thanks for the quick replies.

FTH

Hi,

This info is a start and takes me further than I have been in the past few years with this issue.
All of my steering wheel controls work, and we have tested them. With that I don't think that I need anything from the factory radio or head unit. Its the power or communication to the ACC control module mounted inside the rear console. I might PM Gratch because he seems to be a little more in sync with what I describe, I have no idea how the power or connection is set up to the ACC module through the factory amp.

Thanks for the quick replies.

FTH
To my understanding, the Bose amp supplies a good bit of information to the XLR and I believe that includes the ACC. I just posted a thread today about upgrading my audio system and adding a new amp with the factory amp still in place and noted that all steering wheel controls work, even ACC.

I would start by putting the factory amp back in to the XLR and running your diagnosis from there. Best of luck!

I checked with our local Best Buy and found them pretty much worthless. My suggestion would be to use a good automotive sound store.

To keep things "lined up" for other readers, I was able to get my ACC working and the steps to the solution are HERE.

FTH

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back