Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Montana Rocket Run 2014

Heard of This Place???

Rod, a while back I got this email about this neat-sounding restaurant west of Bozeman. Have you ever heard of it? Given my unforgetable run-in w/ "Hanoi Jane" and Ted at Big Sky (it takes about 2 beers to get me to tell that story), I feel like I have to get there someday. Whaddyathink?

:confused:

Tim

Subject: Montana Restaurant

Do You Know Who I Am?

The radio station America FM was doing one of its 'Is Anyone Listening?' bits this morning.

The first question was; 'Ever have a celebrity come up with the ' Do you know who I am? ' routine?'

A woman called in and said that a few years ago, while visiting her cattle rancher uncle in Billings , MT
She had occasion to go to dinner at a restaurant that does not take reservations . The wait was about 45 minutes; many local ranchers and their wives were waiting.

Ted Turner and his ex-wife Jane Fonda came in the restaurant and wanted a table. The hostess informed them that they'd have to wait 45 minutes.

Jane Fonda asked the hostess, 'Do you know who I am?'
The hostess answered, 'Yes, but you'll have to wait 45 minutes.'

Then Jane asked if the manager was in. When the manager came out, he asked, 'May I help you?'
'Do you know who we are?' both Ted and Jane asked.
Yes, but these folks have been waiting, and I can't put you ahead of them.'

Then Ted asked to speak to the owner. The owner came out, and Jane again asked, 'Do you know who I am?'
The owner answered, 'Yes, I do.
Do you know who I am?
I am the owner of this restaurant and I am a Vietnam Veteran.
Not only will you not get a table ahead of my friends and neighbors who have been waiting here, but you also will not be eating in my restaurant tonight or any other night.
Good bye.'

Only in America, is this a great country or what?

To all who received this, this is a true story and the name of the steak house is:

Sir Scott's Oasis Steakhouse
204 W. Main ,
Manhattan , MT 59741
(406) 284-6929

If you ever get there, give this fellow a sharp salute, buy a steak, and tip the waitress.
They have ten steaks on their simple menu from 32 oz. to 12 oz.
Toothpicks on every table!

Keep passing this on. We should never forget our " national traitor " !

I think, Rod, you forgot to press the "shift" button when typing the "#" key. :chuckle

Ah, yes; the old "Sticky Shift Key" problem. Not unusual on laptops that have seen 40º below. :rolleyes:

Tim

Yes... that is exactly what I did!!! Just checking to see who is awake out there in XLR land or it could be the "fat finger syndrome" raising its ugly head once again. Thanks for pointing this out... I corrected the above post which was 316, no wait a minute - #16.:chuckle:chuckle

HOTEL INFO

I have also posted this under Post #1, to make it easy to locate if you are not ready to reserve yet.

I haven't received confirmation on August 3-6 yet, as soon as I get this I will post.

I have however, received confirmation for August 7-8 at Buck's T-4 lodge in Big Sky. Here is the information:
Buck's T-4 Lodge
1-406-995-4111
1-800-822-4484
Block of 20 rooms reserved under "MT Rocket Run", consisting of 7 Deluxe King rooms (I already reserved one of the King rooms for Cindy & I) and 12 Deluxe 2 Queen rooms in the West Building. Incidentally, there are ONLY 8 Deluxe King rooms available in the wing in which all rooms are blocked. There are, however, 3 King Suites available in a different wing available at an increased cost; these King Suites have NOT been held for this event. A credit card number will be required for one night's lodging; cancellation policy is ONE WEEK prior to the event, July 31, 2014, to avoid charges. Rooms not reserved by July 7, 2014 will be released, but rooms can still be reserved on a "room available" basis at the rates below. The rates are as follows - both rooms are the same rate:

Singles - 118.30
Doubles - 118.30
Triple - 138.30
Quad - 158.30

If you have any trouble getting these rates, have the reservation host contact Valerie Edwards.

I have reserved the private Gallatin Room at my expense at Buck's T-4 on the evening of August 7 for dinner as a group as a thank you for your making the trip out to Montana. However, your dinner expense will be up to each of you. Trust me, you will NOT be let down by the food here, it is exquisite!!!

I have however, received confirmation for August 7-8 at Buck's T-4 lodge in Big Sky. Here is the information:
Buck's T-4 Lodge
406-995-4111
Block of 20 rooms reserved under "MT Rocket Run", consisting of 7 Deluxe King rooms (I already reserved one of the King rooms for Cindy & I) ...........

Well, that was FAST! You posted this yesterday at 4:15 pm and I called them this morning to book, (10 am my time, is that 8 am yours?) and all the kings are apparently spoken for!?!?! I will have to make sure I am quicker next time if I want a King! :burnout:

Buck's T-4 Lodge
406-995-4111
Block of 20 rooms reserved under "MT Rocket Run", consisting of 7 Deluxe King rooms (I already reserved one of the King rooms for Cindy & I) ...........

Well, that was FAST! You posted this yesterday at 4:15 pm and I called them this morning to book, (10 am my time, is that 8 am yours?) and all the kings are apparently spoken for!?!?! I will have to make sure I am quicker next time if I want a King! :burnout:

WOW... that is quite amazing, especially since I only have 8 on my "attendee list" in post #1, you being one of the 8. I wonder who the 9th attendee is???

WOW... that is quite amazing, especially since I only have 8 on my "attendee list" in post #1, you being one of the 8. I wonder who the 9th attendee is???

Not sure if it is long distance (costs $$$) for you to call them Rod, maybe the young guy didnt know what he was doing. He first quoted me more than what you said so I mentioned that and then he said 'oh yes, sorry' but still claimed there were no King rooms left. If you can call and check that out that would be swell! (there is a word you dont hear every day)
Very much looking forward to the Montata Rocket Run!

Not sure if it is long distance (costs $$$) for you to call them Rod, maybe the young guy didnt know what he was doing. He first quoted me more than what you said so I mentioned that and then he said 'oh yes, sorry' but still claimed there were no King rooms left. If you can call and check that out that would be swell! (there is a word you dont hear every day)

Gee Mr. Wilson that will be SWELL
Who all remembers that show???
Thanks for reminding me how old I am, you are stirring up old memories! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Yes, all the Deluxe Kings that are in my room block are sold. However, they do have King Suites available that are in a different wing of the hotel. These are more expensive and a little larger than the Deluxe Kings. It all depends if you want to be in the same wing as the group or not...

BTW... BucksT4 Lodge's toll-free phone number is 1-800-822-4484. I have added this to the other posts concerning hotel information, #23 & #1.

How's the hotel hunting going for the 3rd - 7th going?

Chad

Count us in! Just reserved Buck's T-4 Lodge for the two nights. Now the other hotel. :dunno: Good luck Rod. Let us know when you find it.

Chad & Rogene

Just got our room at the Lodge. Put Marc and Kris down for the trip. Gonna do everything in our power to make this happen. Haven't been to Montana since my Navy days in the early 70's.

Count us in! Just reserved Buck's T-4 Lodge for the two nights. Now the other hotel. :dunno: Good luck Rod. Let us know when you find it.

Chad & Rogene

Just got our room at the Lodge. Put Marc and Kris down for the trip. Gonna do everything in our power to make this happen. Haven't been to Montana since my Navy days in the early 70's.

Have added you b both to the attendee list; glad to hear you're planning on making the trip out... it will be super to see you guys again!!

Eee Haa! Montana Here We Come!!!

I just made reservations at (Uncle :chuckle) Buck's for Nils and me on August 7 & 8th. What an incredible itinerary, not to mention the equally incredible people and cars! Just too good to pass up!! We can hardly wait. :jump::willy_nilly:

I just made reservations at (Uncle :chuckle) Buck's for Nils and me on August 7 & 8th. What an incredible itinerary, not to mention the equally incredible people and cars! Just too good to pass up!! We can hardly wait. :jump::willy_nilly:

Will be fantastic to meet you guys... the Run is filling up quite nicely. Have added you to the attendee list on post #1.

If the original invitation from Sept still stands ( ? ) count me/us in. : )

Hi Rod,

You welcomed me as a Newbie when I joined in September and at that time mentioned The XLR event in Montana. Assuming the invitation still stands, count us in. Charles & Shirley. --- Hopefully with your invitation there is Montana summer 2014 top down cruising ahead. :cool:

I am sorry to learn that you were injured in a fire, but am glad you are OK. --- Also viewed the restoration pictures of your XLR. What an amazing job! Wow. You are talented.

I did locate the information on "The Montana Rocket Run 2014" on the site after some searching.

Hi Rod,

You welcomed me as a Newbie when I joined in September and at that time mentioned The XLR event in Montana. Assuming the invitation still stands, count us in. Charles & Shirley. --- Hopefully with your invitation there is Montana summer 2014 top down cruising ahead. :cool:

I am sorry to learn that you were injured in a fire, but am glad you are OK. --- Also viewed the restoration pictures of your XLR. What an amazing job! Wow. You are talented.

I did locate the information on "The Montana Rocket Run 2014" on the site after some searching.

Yes... by all means, the invitation stands Glad you can make it!!! I have added you to the attendee list on post #1.

Although I'm still recovering and will be for awhile yet, I am doing quite well considering the extent of my injuries.

Thank you for the kudos on the restoration of my baby. Wish I was still in the business, but I guess it is what it is. You can't go back so I just try to put a smile on my face and continue forward.

I should have the hotel information for the rest of the week in the next few days. I will post it as soon as I have everything set in stone...

Just got off of the phone and we have Aug 7 & 8 reserved at Bucks.

Mark & Audrey & Emma our tiny poch will meet everyone and see places we've never been to before.

Hopefully the next hotel/ motels will also be pet friendly.

Just got off of the phone and we have Aug 7 & 8 reserved at Bucks.

Mark & Audrey & Emma our tiny poch will meet everyone and see places we've never been to before.

Hopefully the next hotel/ motels will also be pet friendly.

I've added you to the attendee list on post #1. I checked with the hotel I'm working with for the first part of the drive, and unfortunately, they are not pet friendly.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom