Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

My XLR is throwing two codes...PO171 and PO300

oyealiz

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Blue Steel
Any ideas on what the issue(s) could be? And what will need to be repaired?

The PO171 came first. No symptoms. Drove home and one more short run. Next time I started her, she's missing (running rough) and now has the PO300 code.

PO171 = fuel trim system lean bank 1

PO300= random misfire

On quick glance through the shop manual diagnostic procedures for both of those, (6-846 and 6-872) start with looking for broken, cracked, or loose vacuum hoses or intake. Quickest way to check for a vacuum leak is a can of starting fluid (with a straw tube on the sprayer) and lightly spray around your intake and vacuum hoses while the engine is running. If you notice an increase in RPM, you have found your leak...if that is the issue. Lean condition could also be low fuel rail pressure or an injector issue. Just a place to start diagnosing...

I would replace the #1 O2 sensor on that cylinder bank. I have seen a bad O2 sensor cause this condition. Best info I have without seeing the car. :wave:

Suggestion from another thread was to check the bolts on the intake manifold. Kevin checked that and said the intake manifold was about to fall off! He said that all the bolts were either not tightened correctly, or they vibrated loose. And, for the running rough, he thinks he accidentally unplugged the #8 coil when he put the cover back on after checking on the check engine light issue the first time.

Back up and running, yay! Now to get my exhaust. (And a warranty, yes?!?!?! :lol:)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom