Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Important! New thread - Colorado Event

Fred, I really had a good laugh reading your post, in fact I went back and read it again and laughed some more. You have never met me but I can assure you I would not pick a place that harbors prostitutes or drug addicts or that would be unsafe. I know the owners of this establishment, it has a wonderful reputation. I went to these people because of the location, the Southwest part of Colorado Springs is the best location, that is why I live in this area. The prostitutes, drug addicts and homeless hang out on Nevada Avenue. I do hope you and Ingrid will be able to make it to Colorado. We are not hurting here like you folks in Arizona. Thirty five thousand Army personel are being transferred here from Fort Hood, our housing market has not taken the hit yours has. The motels are busy, the resturants are having trouble trying to keep up with all the business they are getting. A friend of mine just purchased five Denney's in Colorado Springs and is totally remodeling them.

I am just an old Grey Haired Hippie from the Mountains but with excellant taste that just happens to be in "Who's Who in the World" and a book titled "One Thousand Great Americans" published by the International Biographical Center, Cambridge England. You don't have to worry about me finding you a place to stay with hot and cold running prostitues. :chuckle:chuckle:chuckle
Your re-assurances puts my mind at ease. You also brought up a resort that you were dealing with. I have found resorts offer much more bang for your buck. While they normally our more expensive there amendies off set that negative. We are so much looking forward to meeting you as well as everyone. Family diasters prevented that for SA we are praying there done with us for a long long time. Should everyone decide on this lodging can you see if they will give the same rate for extra days should we want to stay longer.

Ingrid told me to pass on the hot and cold running prostitues.:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

GO ARMY:patriot:

Fred & Ingrid

Cheyenne Mountain Resort

I have been looking at resorts for the Colorado Springs gathering. I would suggest those of you who have an interest go to the Cheyenne Mountain Resort site. This is a "WOW resort" . In order to get the rates I put in the dates of May 23, 2010 thru May 29, 2010. The rates are below. They offer higher end rooms but the standard room is quite nice. The deluxe room $20 more per day.

Standard room is $139.00 per day totaling $834.00 for 6 days. Plus tax 9.4% this would have to be applied anywhere we stay.

They have 4 restaurants 1 is a pub

Breakfast Buffet $18.99 or order off menu

Sunday Brunch is $ 38.34

Each room has a private bacony or patio.

Please dont assume that I am pushing this I am not its just you get a lot more bang for your buck. Will you have to drive more to certain locations. Yes, but dont we want to show off are cars?

These rates were taken off there site I did not talk to anyone nor did I attempt to get a better deal which I am sure we could. There is a $15 fee per day however, I would bet this could also be negoitated.

Fred

My vote is also for the Rodeway Inn... FR took us on a drive while my X was in the shop. I believe we drove past the Rodeway... looks like a GREAT place to stay. And I do believe that FR mentioned it is closer to SHOPPING... and their bar probably doesn't charge an arm & a leg for beer/wine or a drink, which resorts usually do.

Fred, I have been negotiating with the Cheyenne Mountain Resort and have been keeping the forum members advised as to what I have found out. The normal rate is $199.00 per day and yes, you are correct there is a $15.00 per day surcharge for the things that are free at the Rodeway Inn. So far the ones on the forum that have spoken up are in favor of the Rodeway Inn. I have Cheyenne Mountain Resort down to $149.00 per day and by the way the surcharge is per person in the room, not per room. I have them agreeing to making it per room rather than per person. This is a wonderful place but you pay for every little thing. Go back and read my previous post as this is the place I have made several trips to already working with them. My neighbor is a member of the Cheyenne Mountain Country Club which is connected to this resort. If you stay there and want to play golf it will cost you $125.00 per day, the price they quoted to me. When you go to book a room at the rate posted on the internet you will probably find out those are all booked and they only have rooms at $199.00 left. I was in the business for 35 years and I know how these big outfits work. Those are come-on rates. I hope this doesn't burst your bubble. I am still waiting for them to give me their final group rate for us and by the way someone in the group will have to sign a contract with them that we would take x number of rooms and if that number is not reached the person signing the contract will end up paying for the empty rooms. Do you want to sign the contract??? :):):)
I havent been keeping up with everything because of family matters and as I said I am not pushing this. However, I put those dates in that I quoted and was going to be provided the reservation at $139.00 plus tax and a surcharge. Thats without any one on one with there sales rep. The surcharge is noted the amount is not noted but I believe they would be inclined to work with us on this. Anyone going to this site and looking at the amenties they provide will see that this will worth what they our charging eve though I believe we can get it cheaper. I am glad your working with them. I have been involved and organized many corvette events and there is no way anyone should sign a contract for rooms. I have always blocked a number of rooms until an exact cutoff date if you dont make your reservation by that time the rooms become unblocked then you pay the hotel fee should you attend. Never had a problem because everyone reserved there room and if they couldnt make it they canceled there was never a provision for anyone to have to pay for the canceled room.

Fred

Fred, I think you need to talk to Professor, he had to sign a contract with the Hilton in San Antonio. This is pretty common practise. Do you want to take over and see what you can do getting a place for everyone in Colorado Springs? Be my guest if you think you can do better.
No, I do not want to take over. You have did a great job and devoted a great deal of time. I appreciate it and know all members do so thank you. However, my wife works and this will not only be a gathering of XLR Net but a vacation for her. The Rodeway Inn is okay but there is no comparison between the two places one is a motel and the other is a four star resort. Now I realize we didnt stay together in SA and we could do the same thing this time it apparently had no effect at SA so I dont see why it would effect this event. Someone said they wanted to hear opinions and I gave mind and then researched what else was available. I read one post where at rodeway the bar was close. That does not even enter my thinking as to where we should stay. Go to the resort and take all the virtual views OMG its breathtaking!!! It certainly is not my attempt to create any problems concerning this event or hurt someones feelings.

Fred

No, I do not want to take over. You have did a great job and devoted a great deal of time. I appreciate it and know all members do so thank you. However, my wife works and this will not only be a gathering of XLR Net but a vacation for her. The Rodeway Inn is okay but there is no comparison between the two places one is a motel and the other is a four star resort. Now I realize we didnt stay together in SA and we could do the same thing this time it apparently had no effect at SA so I dont see why it would effect this event. Someone said they wanted to hear opinions and I gave mind and then researched what else was available. I read one post where at rodeway the bar was close. That does not even enter my thinking as to where we should stay. Go to the resort and take all the virtual views OMG its breathtaking!!! It certainly is not my attempt to create any problems concerning this event or hurt someones feelings.

Fred

Fred thanks for your input, the more input the better. Stay at the hotel/resort that works best you.

Hi Everyone
Its been a while since I have posted but Ingrid and I have been through so much this past month that its drained us. We are interested in this trip however,we would like to give our opinion. We do not know Colorado but rodeway inn in Tucson is a hang out for prostitutes and crack addicts. I realize price is important to everyone but were driving XLR's and Colorado has a lot of resorts. This is not only a gathering to have fun but a vacation also. Surely we can fine a resort that would give rates that would be agreeable with everyone. These resorts are hurting financially as everyone else in this industry. They want business and will bend over backwards to get it. We both think this will be really fun trip so where we stay must be safe, clean and enjoyable.

Thanks for all the hard work First Robin.

Fred & Ingrid:wave:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

They are the same in Phoenix and LA :(:( I have seen nice ones in the Midwest and I trust Robin's taste. Heck he owns an XLR :rocker:

Fred thanks for your input, the more input the better. Stay at the hotel/resort that works best you.

Agreeing here ... :blinzel:

When it comes to vacation dollars and time, each of us need to determine how we want to spend both which is personal to each of us.
The hotels are very different from each other ... and circumstances and preferences vary from member to member and are a determining factor.
This is an event and a vacation for most of us. I think it has been decided that this will be a very informal meeting up of cars and members .... price and choice of hotel is a personal matter - no question. There is no event fees or contracts. And no one should made to feel as if there is a place they should stay and pay for if it isn't where they want to be. Some people will stay and play for a few days, some for 5, maybe some for longer or shorter. Motel or resort may make a difference there too.

And it really didn't seem to matter at which hotel anyone chose in San Antonio. We stayed at the Hilton, had friends in both hotels.... but we were able to meet up for drives, get detailing done and hang out at both places. :grouphug: Both had their advantages and disadvantages. And sometimes I wished I was at the other. :love: But we loved the convenience to the River Walk, the restaurants and bar that were just steps from our rooms .... room service! :rocker:
The hotels were about a half mile apart ... and both very different from each other. Much like this discussion about the Rodeway Inn and The Cheyenne Resort.

Robert has said both are a great choice. I trust his judgement. And since there are no contracts being signed we can individually decide where we will stay. Some members may find some where else altogether where they'd like to stay ... We can just offer up what we have.

For Heaven's sake, I'd hate to think that where I decide to hang my clothes or what I eat for breakfast would be an issue for anyone. :willy_nilly::lol:

Thank's Fred for your views .... I think they will be valuable to member's who are reading, but not yet commiting ... life is about our individual choices and we should be comfortable making them.

The bottom line for me is: It doesn't matter where we stay .... Let's just get there, show Colorado our cars and have some fun!

What's the consensus on posting both hotel choices and websites on the Event page? I don't think we even need to keep track of where anyone is staying at - it just shouldn't matter .... (Robert is probably staying in his own bed! ;)) just event attendence and planned events at this time .... what do you think?? :dunno:

When it comes to vacation dollars and time, each of us need to determine how we want to spend both which is personal to each of us.
The hotels are very different from each other ... and circumstances and preferences vary from member to member and are a determining factor.
This is an event and a vacation for most of us. I think it has been decided that this will be a very informal meeting up of cars and members .... price and choice of hotel is a personal matter - no question. There is no event fees or contracts. And no one should made to feel as if there is a place they should stay and pay for if it isn't where they want to be. Some people will stay and play for a few days, some for 5, maybe some for longer or shorter. Motel or resort may make a difference there too.

And it really didn't seem to matter at which hotel anyone chose in San Antonio. We stayed at the Hilton, had friends in both hotels.... but we were able to meet up for drives, get detailing done and hang out at both places. :grouphug: Both had their advantages and disadvantages. And sometimes I wished I was at the other. :love: But we loved the convenience to the River Walk, the restaurants and bar that were just steps from our rooms .... room service! :rocker:
The hotels were about a half mile apart ... and both very different from each other. Much like this discussion about the Rodeway Inn and The Cheyenne Resort.

Robert has said both are a great choice. I trust his judgement. And since there are no contracts being signed we can individually decide where we will stay. Some members may find some where else altogether where they'd like to stay ... We can just offer up what we have.

For Heaven's sake, I'd hate to think that where I decide to hang my clothes or what I eat for breakfast would be an issue for anyone. :willy_nilly::lol:

Thank's Fred for your views .... I think they will be valuable to member's who are reading, but not yet commiting ... life is about our individual choices and we should be comfortable making them.

The bottom line for me is: It doesn't matter where we stay .... Let's just get there, show Colorado our cars and have some fun!

What's the consensus on posting both hotel choices and websites on the Event page? I don't think we even need to keep track of where anyone is staying at - it just shouldn't matter .... (Robert is probably staying in his own bed! ;)) just event attendence and planned events at this time .... what do you think?? :dunno:

Thank you Madam and I agree with you. It doesn't matter where you stay, it is about the people. I agree we are just going to have to do choices. Stay where you want. As we get closer to the event other options may be posted. Fred your opinion is always welcome as is everyones. :D

You are so correct RA, Robert will be staying in his own bed so he can take care of Digby every day. Since I don't drink I don't have to worry about driving home at the end of the day. It doesn't matter to me where anyone stays, I have merely been finding places and posting what they have to offer and leaving it up to the forum members to make their choice. I would hate for someone to stay where they don't want to as it would ruin their trip, that is why they are free to stay where they want, no one has said they must all stay at the same place, I have only been trying to find accomodations that will be large enough if everone does want to stay together. Sure has given me some good laughs, just goes to show, we shouldn't judge all places with the same name due to one bad place any more than all of a certain group of people are anything else just because of one bad apple. Just come and have fun in Colorado. :):):)

The information you provided by actually seeing each place, and talking with management is invaluable .... more thanks. :worship:

Each hotel is a whole different environment - diverse .... like we are. Let's not become divided over our personal choices. :blinzel:

Colorado is one state that I have always wanted to see .... mostly I am excited about coming in from CA across those magnificent Rockies ....
I've been lucky enough to visit Utah; Park City and Snowbird offered awesome views of this blessed nation .... It will be such a refreshing drive, and so opposite from the deserts of the west.

This get together is going to be a wonderful opportunity to discover and see more of America by car. :patriot:

Fred ..... I've happily added your and Ingrids name to the attendee list ... :rocker:

The information you provided by actually seeing each place, and talking with management is invaluable .... more thanks. :worship:

Each hotel is a whole different environment - diverse .... like we are. Let's not become divided over our personal choices. :blinzel:

Colorado is one state that I have always wanted to see .... mostly I am excited about coming in from CA across those magnificent Rockies ....
I've been lucky enough to visit Utah; Park City and Snowbird offered awesome views of this blessed nation .... It will be such a refreshing drive, and so opposite from the deserts of the west.

This get together is going to be a wonderful opportunity to discover and see more of America by car. :patriot:

Fred ..... I've happily added your and Ingrids name to the attendee list ... :rocker:
Thanks I forgot to do that. All we need is the dates I did not vote for dates because for us we do not care Ingrid just needs to clear it at her job so what ever all of you want thats find.:wave:

Fred

We are not firm on where we will stay. I want to do more research on what Colorado Springs has to offer. However, we are excited over that Resort. I dont think its nessicary to have hotels posted it appears the majority will be staying at Rodeway and if others attend they may want to stay with the majority.

Fred

I believe that there will be reservations made at both hotels ....

I'd like to see that this isn't an issue since it's pretty widely known that Ray and I prefer a resort as well. I think there are others that do too ...I don't think anyone really cares where we stay ... but, I do think there may be more than a few people at each, but really, what difference could it possibly make? Maybe some have already locked in on their preference ... but I think it's still a consideration for others.
I don't think it's a "majority rules" decision ... since it's not a sponsored or contracted event, no one should feel pressured about where or why they prefer to book their room. We don't have any quota's to meet.

And if there's a majority at one hotel over the other ... that's okay too ... we have our cars to meet up and do all the events dinners, or whatever else is planned or unplanned.... What's important to some just isn't all that to someone else.
It doesn't and shouldn't matter where you stay, what you drive, or how you get there .... Since Colorado is known for it's resorts, there may be some people who fly in and rent a car just to meet up again and enjoy the country.

Like I said, we go to see and be with our friends and meet new members .... that's why I plan it a year in advance .... :love: . I feel very lucky to have known most of them for a few years now ... I can't imagine not seeing, being, laughing, hugging them ... :grouphug:

Bruce had it right from the beginning. Everyone needs to decide for themselves where they want to stay and what they want to do when we get there. Not everything is going to be a group decision or and not everyone will do the same things together. Haha .... I don't think EVERYONE wants to go to the casino.....! :lol:

Bruce had it right from the beginning. Everyone needs to decide for themselves where they want to stay and what they want to do when we get there. Not everything is going to be a group decision or and not everyone will do the same things together. Haha .... I don't think EVERYONE wants to go to the casino.....! :lol:
...just like EVERYONE won't want to go to Nevada Avenue :chuckle

I'd like to see that this isn't an issue since it's pretty widely known that Ray and I prefer a resort as well. I think there are others that do too ...I don't think anyone really cares where we stay ... but, I do think there may be more than a few people at each, but really, what difference could it possibly make? Maybe some have already locked in on their preference ... but I think it's still a consideration for others.
I don't think it's a "majority rules" decision ... since it's not a sponsored or contracted event, no one should feel pressured about where or why they prefer to book their room. We don't have any quota's to meet.

And if there's a majority at one hotel over the other ... that's okay too ... we have our cars to meet up and do all the events dinners, or whatever else is planned or unplanned.... What's important to some just isn't all that to someone else.
It doesn't and shouldn't matter where you stay, what you drive, or how you get there .... Since Colorado is known for it's resorts, there may be some people who fly in and rent a car just to meet up again and enjoy the country.

Like I said, we go to see and be with our friends and meet new members .... that's why I plan it a year in advance .... :love: . I feel very lucky to have known most of them for a few years now ... I can't imagine not seeing, being, laughing, hugging them ... :grouphug:

Count on Ingrid and I for the Casino.:chuckle Ive been looking at what else is in Colorado Springs and there is so much to do it will really be hard to go to all of it. Like you, I have always wanted to go Colorado. Were looking forward to it. By the way they have a sandy beach on there private lake with barbecues I have no idea if they would allow us to bring our own booze but we could do a cookout (just a thought).:DThere is nothing like a barbecue with friends and we have to catch up with the rest of you because we havent meant any of you.:willy_nilly: Were almost sure about this resort however, now that others are considering this maybe you may find something better.

Fred

Lee just phoned me to let me know we can have the rooms for $129.00 plus Tax plus the $15.00 per ROOM, not per person surcharge. He is going to get back to me about not having to sign a contract. Will keep you advised. :):):)

That's great to hear Robert .... and I agree with you ... I would not sign anything either. If the management agrees to a rate for XLR members then it can be noted in their computers so that if someone calls the special rate would be available. I would hate to see anyone put themselves out there like Henry did for us. That could have really cost him.
It's pretty clear that no one is at this point ready to commit to either hotel and lodging searches are still going on. But ... to be clear the rate at The C. Resort is actually $144 + taxes /night because the $15 is not negotiable ... is that correct?
Again ... thanks for what you are doing and have done ... and thanks for the updates.
Now .... just where is that casino?? ;) :D

Scott from CAC just sent me an email stating Cheyenne Mountain Resort has set a $129.00 rate for next summer as they are actively seeking "car clubs". Lee from CMR told me they have been talking to Pikes Peak Speedway and really want to get the car club business. You may recall this is the first property I suggested after we ruled out the Broadmoor Hotel as being a little too pricey. :):):)

With or without the additional $15 fee?
Hey .... pretty soon they'll be paying us to stay there .. :lol:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry