Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Rendezvous IV - San Antonio, TX - May 20-24, 2009

We have never been there but we both love the ocean and the fresh seafood sounds great not to mention what our cars would look like with the ocean background. Think of the fantastic pictures. Great Idea!!!:willy_nilly:

Speedway

Fred & Ingrid

You won't be on the ocean, Corpus is on the Gulf of Mexico, warmer water and much calmer than the oceans. I love fresh seafood also, one thing I miss not going to Florida for the winters lately.

Come on now, I went with a lady from SA, you better go work in the kitchen cause your beating up everyone on the forum today.:laugh:
Ocean...........Gulf, Lake what's the difference, it's water?
I think Texas landscape is boring, that doesn't make me wrong.
Only the real rich from Texas go to places like Aspen and Vail in Colorado, the poor go to Sandia Peak in Albuquerqe, the middle class go to Santa Fe & Taos. I know because I lived in Albuquerque for many years. After my lunch trade was over I would drive up to the base of Sandia and ride the lift to ski for the afternoon. When I went on vacation I went to Gods country to Vail or Aspen. Now get that thar kitchen done.
You won't be on the ocean, Corpus is on the Gulf of Mexico, warmer water and much calmer than the oceans. I love fresh seafood also, one thing I miss not going to Florida for the winters lately.

Come on now, I went with a lady from SA, you better go work in the kitchen cause your beating up everyone on the forum today.:laugh:
Ocean...........Gulf, Lake what's the difference, it's water?
I think Texas landscape is boring, that doesn't make me wrong.
Only the real rich from Texas go to places like Aspen and Vail in Colorado, the poor go to Sandia Peak in Albuquerqe, the middle class go to Santa Fe & Taos. I know because I lived in Albuquerque for many years. After my lunch trade was over I would drive up to the base of Sandia and ride the lift to ski for the afternoon. When I went on vacation I went to Gods country to Vail or Aspen. Now get that thar kitchen done.

Sorry Bobo, I didn't realize I was beating up on anyone, I hope your brusies are all gone before SA, I would hate for you to try to get a suntan if you are all black and blue.:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

I think I might survive, but thanks anyway. Back to the kitchen for you.:laugh::laugh:
Sorry Bobo, I didn't realize I was beating up on anyone, I hope your brusies are all gone before SA, I would hate for you to try to get a suntan if you are all black and blue.:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

I for one can't take the windy curvy roads :pukeface::pukeface: both ways!
I haven't been to SA since I was 19, that's a lot of years ago!

I'm not going to be on the forum much until I get Verizon :rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash: straightened out!

Fredericksburg is well know for having lots of antique stores, on up the road to Marble Falls is the Marriot @ Horseshoe Bay which would be a great place for lunch, I know the food is good there as I have been there before. Both of these towns are in the famous Hill Country. The road between Austin and Marble Falls is turnie and twistie with lots of hills and pretty scenery. This would make a great day trip up and back. Just a thought.

You are correct. Hill Country is full of great roads and scenery if you get off the Freeway. Luchenbach is a decent tourist trap if you are into Willie Nelson. We will probably be stopping in Kerrville on the way to SA for some of the best BBQ I have ever had.

Most Texans come to Colorado to ski and we are thinking of passing a law that Texans will have to have passports to come to Colorado, they are not very well liked here as they think they are the only people in the whole wide world. Just like Americans when they go to Europe. A smile and politeness goes a whole lot further than big shot attitudes. Believe me, after owning a motel in a Colorado tourist town for 35 years I know what I am talking about. Going to Corpus would be fun, that is one place I have never been, El Paso makes two but I have pretty well been in all the rest of Texas.
You may be dissappointed in El Paso but if our timing is good we could take the skyline loop to miss the worst of it. :blinzel:

H**ll we will be lucky to get through El Paso with our lives. The Cartel is coming across the border down there. The Border Patrol has just asked for additional National Guards to help with the problem.
You may be dissappointed in El Paso but if our timing is good we could take the skyline loop to miss the worst of it. :blinzel:

H**ll we will be lucky to get through El Paso with our lives. The Cartel is coming across the border down there. The Border Patrol has just asked for additional National Guards to help with the problem.
Another good reason to take the Skyline Loop :rocker:

Jetboy .... I'm not following the posts too well ... :willy_nilly: What exactly is the Skyline Loop? If that is the what First Robin is talking about, why ... that's just up my alley! A great drive AND shopping!! We can vouch for your great ability to lead a caravan .... would you be up for that?

Bob .... we can put together a Gulf trip too .... sounds like you already have some cars up for that too ... :rocker: ... I'm thinking your trip would probably be a whole day adventure ... :confused: ...

Jetboy .... I'm not following the posts too well ... :willy_nilly: What exactly is the Skyline Loop? If that is the what First Robin is talking about, why ... that's just up my alley! A great drive AND shopping!! We can vouch for your great ability to lead a caravan .... would you be up for that?

Bob .... we can put together a Gulf trip too .... sounds like you already have some cars up for that too ... :rocker: ... I'm thinking your trip would probably be a whole day adventure ... :confused: ...
Ruthie, I think the Skyline Loop is in El Paso to get us around the city without being kidnapped and or worse by the Mexico Drug Cartell. Who knows what they might try when they see our caravan of XLRs. Look at your Texas map and find Fredricksburg north and a little west of SA and then go on north to Marble Falls and then east to Austin and back down to SA. That is a day trip but easy time wise, lots of fun roads from Fredricksburg to Austin and then Interstate back to SA. I also think a trip to Corpus would be a lot of fun, heck, we can have fun where ever we go.

I don't mind driving a crazy or twisty road but I've Googled Skyline Loop and can't find nothing. First Robin said that it will take us way out of the way. If we have to time to do that and can get into SA the same day that's great but there is a loop around the city that I took going to Calrsbad Canyons one year that gets you buy the city, maybe that would be a good route. I'll mount a grenade launcher on the drop top for protection. By the way El Paso in known for having the worst skyline in the country and I agree after driving the loop around it.:patriot:
Another good reason to take the Skyline Loop :rocker:

I don't mind driving a crazy or twisty road but I've Googled Skyline Loop and can't find nothing. First Robin said that it will take us way out of the way. If we have to time to do that and can get into SA the same day that's great but there is a loop around the city that I took going to Calrsbad Canyons one year that gets you buy the city, maybe that would be a good route. I'll mount a grenade launcher on the drop top for protection. By the way El Paso in known for having the worst skyline in the country and I agree after driving the loop around it.:patriot:

Bobo, I didn't say that as I have never been to El Paso and know nothing about the Sky Line Loop, besides I have been in the kitchen. The twisty roads are for a fun day trip after we get to SA and start looking for something to do and in your case find pretty waitresses. Today I have been in the back courtyard cleaning off the flower beds and watering. I have flowers coming up and had to cut off last years blooms and leaves, Crocus are blooming. Spring is almost here, SOON we will be in SA RIV having lots of fun.

Out of the kitchen again? Sorry, yea I hate typing, verbage gets misunderstood. I was in agreement with you about the loop in El Paso. I a also miss typed Carlsbad Canyons instead of Canverns. This was many years ago and we never had to go into El Paso, just around it, but notice on the map how close I-10 is to the border from El Paso east. Too close for comfort. I vote we run the gaunlet if confronted.
Bobo, I didn't say that as I have never been to El Paso and know nothing about the Sky Line Loop, besides I have been in the kitchen. The twisty roads are for a fun day trip after we get to SA and start looking for something to do and in your case find pretty waitresses. Today I have been in the back courtyard cleaning off the flower beds and watering. I have flowers coming up and had to cut off last years blooms and leaves, Crocus are blooming. Spring is almost here, SOON we will be in SA RIV having lots of fun.

Out of the kitchen again? Sorry, yea I hate typing, verbage gets misunderstood. I was in agreement with you about the loop in El Paso. I a also miss typed Carlsbad Canyons instead of Canverns. This was many years ago and we never had to go into El Paso, just around it, but notice on the map how close I-10 is to the border from El Paso east. Too close for comfort. I vote we run the gaunlet if confronted.

I got my map out to see if a loop is shown and you are so right about going thru El Paso and being so close to the border. I may change my mind and go down thru Amarillo instead. All of the XLR's will make quite a target for the Drug Lords. I heard on tv the Feds are sending 2000 troops to the border, I don't know if that means El Paso or someplace else. I plan to stay around for at least 20 more years and hope to have a natural death, not getting shot by a member of a Mexican Drug Cartel. I understand some of the killings by them have even been in Atlanta. I also read on the internet what Kent referred to about the Governor or what ever he is called of one State in Mexico being upset with the Americans because of all the Mexicans leaving Arizona and going home and their government is not able to afford the big influx of their people. Well, well, we couldn't afford them here either.:bash::bash::bash:

Although there has been news about violence spilling over, there actually has been no violence in El Paso and their homicide rate is lower than in the past. It is not a good time to go into Juarez, but the city of El Paso has not had any problems. There is no good by pass for El Paso and the easiest route is to just stay on I-10 through the city. I anticipate no problems on our caravan.

Skyline Loop is a bypass north of El Paso to miss the horrors of I-10. Highway 375. I think is is also known as Transmountain Road. :willy_nilly: Depends on the time of day as to whether it is worth taking. with so many trucks off the road now sticking to 10 is probably fastest.

Okay, then .... back to a planned event ... are we talking still about the drive to Horseshoe Bay for lunch???? Is THAT part of the Skyline Loop ... I got confused at the part about drug cartels ..:willy_nilly: ..

I'd like to do that drive ....
Anyone else? :confused:

Okay, then .... back to a planned event ... are we talking still about the drive to Horseshoe Bay for lunch???? Is THAT part of the Skyline Loop ... I got confused at the part about drug cartels ..:willy_nilly: ..

I'd like to do that drive ....
Anyone else? :confused:
I'm up for anything. :rocker::naughty:

Is the count down at 9 weeks now?:dunno:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics