Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

San Antonio, Texas "Blue Bunny" Rally May 20--May 23, 2009

I'll start checking for what's nearI-10. I know that there's a Cracker Barrel right off the interstate.

I'll start checking for what's nearI-10. I know that there's a Cracker Barrel right off the interstate.

Cracker Barrel will make Standby happy:laugh: Motel just needs to be clean and safe.

There is a La Quinta at exit #140. The address is 1500 Hickory Dr. It is next door to the Cracker Barrel at 1490 Hickory Dr. I have stayed there before. It is a half block off I-10. Rooms run about $77 to $85 depending on AAA/AARP/Senior or other rates. There is also another La Quinta across the street at 790 Avenida de Mesilla. Both are nice. I always stayed at these when working cases in Las Cruces. There is also a nice bar next door and a Wal-Mart next door, both within walking distance.

Mental Telepathy

Great news Jim :blinzel::blinzel::blinzel:

The plan is still Las Cruces on the 19th. I was holding out on the motel there hoping you and Jean might be able to at least meet us. Do you have a recommendation for hotel and eatery in Las Cruces?

Maybe we can get FirstRobin to shoot down I-25 and meet us as well :dunno:

I guess you have been reading my thoughts. I think another XLR will be coming down with me. He, Ray, Jim and our friend from Chowchilla will all have lots in common. There is a shorter way for us but it is more fun when lots of XLR's are together. I wonder if there is a Holiday Inn handy in Las Cruces? I keep building up points with them. I haven't checked the miles from Colorado Springs but will do it tonight or tomorrow. I sure am glad I contacted Randy and Vicki and informed them of this site and the RIV. I will go through my list from RIII and maybe there will be more I can contact. First Robin

The Holiday Inn Express looks to be about $25 more per night than the La Quinta. I'm open to either but have had better experience with la Qunita in the past. The Holdiay Inn in Chowchilla was an exception for me, that one was nice.

La Quinta is generally very nice. my vote would be LQ. Would you post a website or phone number so we all get the right one..........if we choose LQ?
Ruthie would you change the spelling on my home town, Aliso Viejo and add Jaimie? Thanks
I just added May 20th to the Hampton on the RIVerwalk and Las Cruses wil be the 19th, right?
The Holiday Inn Express looks to be about $25 more per night than the La Quinta. I'm open to either but have had better experience with la Qunita in the past. The Holdiay Inn in Chowchilla was an exception for me, that one was nice.

10-4, Standby. ;)

So .... that will be 19th in Las Cruces .... 20th thru 23rd in SA ... 24th in Las Cruces .... have I got this right??? :squint:

Wow ... see, time is going so fast now ... we will be clinking glasses before you know it! :beerchug:

I just checked milage & time so for me Las Cruces is about half way. I also checked the price of Holiday Inn, $104 brand new and at the intersection of I 10 and I 25. That is only 19 dollars more. We stayed at Holiday Inn in Bowling Green, I stayed at one in Morton, Illinois coming back from Bowling Green. On the last trip I stayed in Flagstaff, Twenty Nine Palms, Chowchilla, Holbroke, AZ, Santa Fe, NM and they were all very nice. Granted they are not the Hilton but neither is the price. But it is up to you all where you want to meet up. I kinda like the idea of the intersection of the two interstate hiways. First Robin

Speedway,

Where is going to be a good meet point in Tucson? I can meet the California crew at the intersection of I-8 and I-10.

All the Tucson Exits our closed and will not be open when we leave for SA. Do you want to gas up? do you want a potty break? What time do you think you will be in Tucson? Do you just want to drive straight through? Let me know and then I will know a good place with the least amount of delay.

Speedway

Hey First Prez,
Well I guess we have a good old fashion Mexican stand off. Why don't we let Kent choose since he has done Las Cruces many times before. (where's the best looking waitresses?)
At least we can all get on the same page...........or everyone put in their vote and we go with the majority. Seems fair to me. A pessimists would say 106 days, an optimist would say 15.4 weeks an counting.
I just checked milage & time so for me Las Cruces is about half way. I also checked the price of Holiday Inn, $104 brand new and at the intersection of I 10 and I 25. That is only 19 dollars more. We stayed at Holiday Inn in Bowling Green, I stayed at one in Morton, Illinois coming back from Bowling Green. On the last trip I stayed in Flagstaff, Twenty Nine Palms, Chowchilla, Holbroke, AZ, Santa Fe, NM and they were all very nice. Granted they are not the Hilton but neither is the price. But it is up to you all where you want to meet up. I kinda like the idea of the intersection of the two interstate hiways. First Robin

'Have to agree with Standby on this one .... We have traveled with Jetboy enough that he knows what type of motel/hotel Ray and I like .... :blinzel:

Read my post better, I said it is up to you all where you want to meet up. I really don't care, I can lay my head on a pillow anywhere, even in a cow pasture. I was only making a suggestion. First Robin:bash:

Come on Prez, you weren't being admonished, read our post better. We are trying to make a decision and would like everyones imput and vote or leave it up to Kent. We never had this trouble going to BG for two years. We all agree to disagree will not get it done. :patriot:
I'm not going to vote for you if you get naughty.
Read my post better, I said it is up to you all where you want to meet up. I really don't care, I can lay my head on a pillow anywhere, even in a cow pasture. I was only making a suggestion. First Robin:bash:

Come on Prez, you weren't being admonished, read our post better. We are trying to make a decision and would like everyones imput and vote or leave it up to Kent. We never had this trouble going to BG for two years. We all agree to disagree will not get it done. :patriot:
I'm not going to vote for you if you get naughty.
I didn't think I was being naughty, like I said, I don't care it is up to you folks, we from Colorado are just planning to join up at the intersection and have fun. I have not contacted Vic and Trudy to see what they want to do. They may want to take the shortest route to San Antonio. If you know what is good for you and OUR COUNTRY, you better vote for ME. LOL First Robin

The Holiday Inn Express is at 2635 S. Valley Dr. Rates start at $104. Tel. 575-527-9947. This is located about 1 exit further east than the La Quintas. I have never stayed at this location.

La Quinta, 1500 Hickory Dr. Rates start at about $76. This is next door to Cracker Barrel. Tel 575-523-0100.

La Quinta, 790 Avenida de Messilla. Rates start at about $71. This is virtually across the street from the other one. 575-524-0331.

I have stayed at both La Quintas several times on business. Both offer continental breakfast. Both are within a block of I-10 and the exit is about 3 miles from the intersection with I-25. If anybody has other questions, let me know and I will try to find out the answer.

No ?????'s from me ..... as long as it's really clean and safe ..... just let us know which one. :wave:

It seems to be a good place to stop for us as well. I am a Cracker Barrel fan too (breakfast). :) So, I know which one LQ I'd like to book.

SilverX :cool:

Let's do the La Quinta next to the Cracker Barrel

La Quinta, 1500 Hickory Dr. Rates start at about $76. This is next door to Cracker Barrel. Tel 575-523-0100.

FirstRobin, between Las Cruces and El Paso there are a few cow pastures I don't think you would want to sleep in, major dairies :ugh:

All the Tucson Exits our closed and will not be open when we leave for SA. Do you want to gas up? do you want a potty break? What time do you think you will be in Tucson? Do you just want to drive straight through? Let me know and then I will know a good place with the least amount of delay.

Speedway

Let us get through Tucson, how about at Kolb? I think there is a Chevron there?

I will let Ruth Ann and Bob tell us what time they are planning to leave San Diego and then we can plan times from there.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooops, I messed that up and went back to change it. I said that it's for sure that were going and it should have read "It's not for sure were going". It's amazing what happens when you leave out one word. :pat::pat::pat::chuckle

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom