Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Show and tell

Nice! Thanks for sharing!

Wouldn't it be nice to find a GIANT garage with maybe a small suite above it to live in? I'd be happy!

XFireXLR-Nice cars.

Kevin has been looking for a GIANT garage for some time now. He would be real happy with the big garage and a little suite. :(

Sorry for the delayed response ... Unfortunately, I'm not online here too often (though I enjoy the website and appreciate all the work it takes to keep this place running).

Thanx for your kind (and funny) wordz about my '66. Letz hope I can answer the questions from Bruce (and CONGRATS on becoming a Supa Mod!).

Much like myself, the '66 Vette doesn't get as much exercise as it should. For the past 10+ years, I had been caring for my ailing mother (advanced Alzheimer's), so I had very little "spare time". She recently passed away, so I hope to get some cruzin in behind that teak wheel.

I've had several Vettes over the years, but this one is kinda special to me. If you have a moment and would like to know the history behind it and how I found it, take a look at this short story I wrote for my website: http://www.corvette.net/hooked.htm

BTW- If you are a country music fan, you may have heard of the hit song called, "Riding with Private Malone". A few years after the song hit the top of the charts (right after 911), I found out my '66 had some inspiration in the creation of the song. As a matter of fact, my online picture of the original owner with the '66 was on the cover of the demo album.

I felt honored,

Beautiful '66! One of the most beautiful cars ever built. Do you get to drive her much? Where did you find her? Have there been others?

Bruce:wave:

Very nice 427. Sorry to hear about your mom. :)

Great story! How nice that you and the heart of your baby were born on the same date!!!!

What a beauty!

And, of course, my sympathy to you on the loss of your mother. Alzheimer's is such a terrible affliction, for the patient as well as the family. Kudos to you for your many years of caregiving.

Hi - glad you found your way back to the forum. I remember our conversations about your mom. What an honor to her you are.
You're right ... time to get out now ... make some reservations and put Colorado on your calendar for next May; come meet people who share your love of the XLR and cars (Corette's, Snakes, Camaro's ... muscle!) in general. :rocker:
You'd have a great time! :wave:

Thanks for the pictures and update. The Citation looks great! I'm glad you still have it.

Missy Bling's Daisy

Helping out Missy Bling posting a pic of her new ride. (She's a blond, so I have to explain it twice to her so she gets it.:chuckle:chuckle) She will be posting other pics soon!!!

Daisy003.jpg

OH MY! Daisy is so "not blue." What a great color combination. Kris, I wish you many happy motoring miles!:wave:

Ooo-la-la!
Love her. :love:
That is exactly the same color as the first one we saw at the car show. I love it. I bet you really turn some heads driving that!
Have fun, Missy .... :rocker::rocker:

Very nice!! Some cars really look better orange! For instance, an orange XLR--I don't think so!!!

Hope you two have many, many fun-filled miles together!

Floyd (BB)

Wonderful, exciting, awsome and as I said in past threads this color scheme is fantastic. Daisey will own the road. Have a great time with this magnificent looking Camaro.:blinzel:

"GM get err done"

Speedway:D:D:D:D

Nice Missy. I bet you look really good in her. :D

She would look good in a Soap Box Racer. :love:

Wow .... I just have to say again ... that is a great looking DD. :rocker:

Helping out Missy Bling posting a pic of her new ride. (She's a blond, so I have to explain it twice to her so she gets it.:chuckle:chuckle) She will be posting other pics soon!!!

Daisy003.jpg
Many members of the forum are so lucky that we grew up in the era of muscle cars. I dont know but just looking at this Camero brings back so many great memories. OMG did we ever have great times with our cars.;)

Speedway:wave::wave::wave::wave:

What a Lucky Girl!

Congratulations! What a beautiful car! I hope we get to see Daisy in person on our fall drive.

Kathy

Thanks to all! I do love her, she is fun, and when the sun hits her the shimmer of the matillac paint looks beautiful. :cool:This pic does not do her justice. The inside is also really nice, two toned with the Blk/orange combo. The sides of the door light up at night and the dials to the controls radio/vents etc. also light up neon orange/blues. I will get some better pics on here once I wash her and understand how to do this!!! Got to talk to the Little Man first! Ha Ha!!!! :D

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom