Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Sports Center

All of the experts predict that the SB will be the Colts VS ????

If it's not the Charger's then for me it would be the Colts too.

It is almost funny to watch the sportscasters trip all over their tongues when they refer to the Chargers' .... wow ... such a longshot .... maybe I should go to Vegas and make a bet....:squint:
I would make that bet.

Playoffs for football start this weekend. I can't believe the season is almost over. :(

The playoffs should be really good this year. I hope the week off doesn't hurt the Colts. It seems like they don't play well after they get a bye week.

Jan & Camaro @ Daytona '10

Jan Magnussen starts the season at Daytona
clearpixel.gif
By Jan Magnussen Presse - Jan Kaiser - 07-01-2010 A Chevrolet Camaro on display at Daytona 2009. The car is apart from the paintscheme similar to the car Jan Magnussen will drive at Daytona late January.
clearpixel.gif
For the sixth year in a row Jan Magnussen will have his raceseason kick-off at Daytona in Florida. The American sportscar classic, that is a part of the Grand-Am series will be held in the last weekend of January and yet again the Danish racingstar will be starting in the GT class in a car from his American employer General Motors.

Jan Magnussen will drive for Stevenson Motorsports in a brand new Chevrolet Camaro GT.R that has been built and developed by Pratt & Miller - the same team that builds his Corvette C6.R and the car from previous years at Daytona the Pontiac GXP.R.

Stevenson Motorsports has in previous years started in Grand Am with a Pontiac GXP.R and with their two drivers Robin Lidell from the UK and the American Andrew Davis they won races in 2009 and finished third in the championship. The new Camaro has as mentioned earlier been built by Pratt & Miller and has the same chassis as the Pontiac GXP.R Jan himself helped develop. The new car has been quick out of the box. At a joint test at Daytona in December the team were fastest.

The race at Daytona will be Jan Magnussens first race since he was violently driven off the track at Laguna Seca in his Corvette. C6.R in october 2009. Jan Magnussen has since that incident been suffering from pains and has cancelled tests. Since that several treatments and painkillers has made progress so Jan doesn’t predict any problems, even though he is not completely free from pains. At Daytona Bergmeister who were the culprit of sending Jan into the wall will be starting in a Porsche by the way.

Jan Magnussen has won victories in other sportscar classics like Le Mans, Sebring and Petit Le Mans, but even though he has fought for victory at Daytona he hasn’t won it yet and thereby missing out on the spoils of victory and coveted award - the Rolex Daytona watch! Even though it is a tough class of 26 GT cars Jan Magnussen is not in doubt. This race and watch has to be won.

"This watch will be mine" says Jan Magnussen. "It has been close the previous years, but unfortunately we have had problems during the races. The race at Daytona is hard on the cars and the game is all about coming through without troubles. The track has some long stretches where part of the oval track is used, but the infield is narrow and there is often contact between the cars so it is all about finding the sweet spot between taking care of the car and going fast. The car is quick out of the box. But it is a new car and there will always the question of going competitively over the distance. Pratt & Miller has proved that they can build really good and fast cars and Stevenson Motorsport and their drivers has proven themselves as racewinners, so I think we can be in the lead pack fighting for victory."

Jan Magnussen travels to Daytona today and he will participate in the official pretest before the race this Friday to Sunday. The race starts at the 30th of January 3.30PM local time.

What a game!!!

The Green Bay/Arizona game was awesome...what a finish. I hated to see the Packers lose, but Arizona earned the win.

Peyton Manning won a 4th NFL MVP award. It would be great to add a Super Bowl ring to that award. Go Colts!!!

The Green Bay/Arizona game was awesome...what a finish. I hated to see the Packers lose, but Arizona earned the win.

Peyton Manning won a 4th NFL MVP award. It would be great to add a Super Bowl ring to that award. Go Colts!!!
It was a great game. Alot better than the New England/Baltimore game. All I can say thank goodness New England is out. Next weekend Colts vs. Baltimore.

Here is the schedule for next weekend NFL Playoffs.
Saturday
Arizona/New Orleans
Baltimore/Indianapolis

Sunday
Dallas/Minnesota
NY Jets/San Diego

Go COLTS. :rocker:

After taking three weeks off, can the Colts get it going!

After taking three weeks off, can the Colts get it going!
Yes, I do. Colts weren't the only team resting their first strings toward the end of the season. New England has always been a problem for the Colts in the playoffs and now that they are out we might have a shot. JMO.

Well they better do it! I just wish they would have kept going for a record and made it all the way and win the Superbowl. But they didn't. But I have faith in them! WE WILL WIN!! GO COLTS! Look for us on TV!:rocker:
Yes, I do. Colts weren't the only team resting their first strings toward the end of the season. New England has always been a problem for the Colts in the playoffs and now that they are out we might have a shot. JMO.

Well they better do it! I just wish they would have kept going for a record and made it all the way and win the Superbowl. But they didn't. But I have faith in them! WE WILL WIN!! GO COLTS! Look for us on TV!:rocker:
I'm with you Kris. I'll be looking for you guys on TV during the game hey I know how I'll be able to find you guys in the sea of blue you should wear those blue and orange shirts. LOL.

If you want us Killed! :( Bears shirts :pukeface:!!! But thanks Cuby maybe next year we will play you and have a party. Go Colts! OMG they better do this so I can have a great ride home at midnight! Or it's gonna be a gripy one if not!!!:bash:
I'm with you Kris. I'll be looking for you guys on TV during the game hey I know how I'll be able to find you guys in the sea of blue you should wear those blue and orange shirts. LOL.

If you want us Killed! :( Bears shirts :pukeface:!!! But thanks Cuby maybe next year we will play you and have a party. Go Colts! OMG they better do this so I can have a great ride home at midnight! Or it's gonna be a gripy one if not!!!:bash:
Hey they match your cars. You know how Cubby is. Always trying to get one over on Marc. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Colts move on!

A great game for the Colts, they dominated the Ravens. We'll have to wait to see who is coming to town next week, Chargers or Jets.

Go Colts!!!

I wouldn't say they dominated the Ravens---turnovers killed the Ravens. Even when they got turnovers, they ended up giving it back to Indy or a penalty erased the turnover.

Now talking about domination--How about those Saints!!! WHO DAT!! There will be some very exciting Championship games next week, no matter who wins today!! GO COLTS, GO SAINTS!!!!!

A great game for the Colts, they dominated the Ravens. We'll have to wait to see who is coming to town next week, Chargers or Jets.

Go Colts!!!

The Jets are on their way to Indy!!

Go Colts!!

Perfect!!!! The Colts win Chargers lose, sorry RA. The Colts have a great shot at winning against the Jets. Woo hoo!!!! Go Colts. Here is the SB Colts vs. Saints.

Go COLTS. Boys in blue.

Woo Hoo! That was the best game ever!:worship: Such a awesome crowd and the noise and fans from all sides. Just great! And I was in rare form, can ya believe that? A little too many totties! I even lost my phone! But it has been found by a worker at the stadium, thank God!
Watch out Jets, :bash:here we come Superbowl 2010!!!!!!!:rocker:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back