Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Spring Trip '10

OK, MM's let's here your opinions on where and what to do for the 2010 Spring Drive. We need to figure it out ASAP, so we can check for rooms, etc.

Another suggestion was going down around the French Lick, IN area. Some of us did this back in 2007. There are some great roads and small quant towns in that area.

I know we enjoyed the drive and this might be a good choice for this trip. Let me know what you think.

Either of those weekends works for me and David. We're open to any direction... I know that David would enjoy Nashville if we could work in something to do with one of the music venues. We haven't been there for 20+ years, but when we were there we went to one of the local joints where the local songwriters hang out and that was really fun.
~Quinn

Devin and I would love to join you for a trip to Nashville (both of us are big country music fans). Apr 22-25 is a good weekend for me (just have to see if Devin can get out of school)... can't make it the other weekend. We both would love to stop at Bowling Green (we never made it to the museum when we passed through in 2003).

Keep us posted. :rocker:

The Hermitage

If the group does go to Nashville, try and make it out to the Hermitage, the home of Andrew Jackson, just outside of town to the NE. "Rachel's Garden" should be in bloom by that time of April.

http://www.thehermitage.com/

The tour is great and the property is beautiful. It's also a pleasant drive out in the country.

XLR KEN :blinzel:

Thanks Ken for the information.

It's great to see some feedback on the trip. Should I start making plans for a trip to Bowling Green and Nashville,April 22-25? Would the 23-25 work better? Let me know.

23-25 would be better for us. We will just be getting back from Florida. Although if you do 22-25 we could meet you along the way.

It's great to see some feedback on the trip. Should I start making plans for a trip to Bowling Green and Nashville,April 22-25? Would the 23-25 work better? Let me know.

The 23rd-25th would work better for me (better chance to bring Devin with me). But whatever you guys want to do... I'm really looking forward to seeing a lot of you guys again.

Devin and I would love to join you for a trip to Nashville (both of us are big country music fans). Apr 22-25 is a good weekend for me (just have to see if Devin can get out of school)... can't make it the other weekend. We both would love to stop at Bowling Green (we never made it to the museum when we passed through in 2003).

Keep us posted. :rocker:

I checked, and I have school on both the 22nd and the 23rd of April... BUT, if you guys were just driving down there on the 22nd, my Dad can take me out of school early on the 23rd (I have Study Hall last, so I won't miss anything...) And ya, I would love to go down to the Corvette Plant, I have recently become a HUGE fan of the Bertone Mantide, and I believe hope they would have something about it in the Corvette Museum... I would also love to go down to Nashville!!!

Any update on heading down south in April?

Unfortunately, Bruce & I will NOT be able to make the Bowling Green/Nashville trip in April. Those who would still like to go, we encourage you to make plans to go.

Kathy

Unfortunately, Bruce & I will NOT be able to make the Bowling Green/Nashville trip in April. Those who would still like to go, we encourage you to make plans to go.

Kathy

We can still do a drive to southern Indiana on April 24-25 (Saturday & Sunday) if anyone is interested. I don't have any paid days off this year, so I can't be off 22-23. If you would still like to make the trip to Nashville & BG, I will help put it together.

With alot of the MM's going to Colorado Springs in May, the BG/Nashville spring trip may be too much for the wallet with this economy. We would be up for a southern Indiana drive on any of the weekends.

The BG/Nashville and or Choo-Choo town trip could be planned for the fall. Just my opinion:blinzel:

With alot of the MM's going to Colorado Springs in May, the BG/Nashville spring trip may be too much for the wallet with this economy. We would be up for a southern Indiana drive on any of the weekends.

The BG/Nashville and or Choo-Choo town trip could be planned for the fall. Just my opinion:blinzel:

How about a trip to French Lick? I heard it was fun when the group went down there a few years ago. Was looking it up online this week and it looks like a nice trip for a weekend. We could come down to Indianapolis Friday night (Apr 23rd) and head to French Lick Sat. morning with some of you. Anyone else interested?

Let me know. Doesn't matter where we go, as long as we can all get together, right?

How about a trip to French Lick? I heard it was fun when the group went down there a few years ago. Was looking it up online this week and it looks like a nice trip for a weekend. We could come down to Indianapolis Friday night (Apr 23rd) and head to French Lick Sat. morning with some of you. Anyone else interested?

Let me know. Doesn't matter where we go, as long as we can all get together, right?
We have done the drive to French Lick before, a long time ago. It was a great drive. I wouldn't mind doing that one again. JMO.

:) Thanks for the input guys, I will start working on a drive down to the French Lick area. If you guys have any suggestions, let me know.

French Lick sounds great. We went there last year. It has changed alot. The West Baden hotel is a sight to see now that they have it finished. That would be a cool place to stay if price isn't prohibitive.

:) Thanks for he input guys, I will start working on a drive down to the French Lick area. If you guys have any suggestions, let me know.
Thanks Bruce. The place we had lunch at the time we went was nice. Didn't we drive through some nice little towns on that drive? I wouldn't mind stopping in one of them either. Just giving some input. It has been awhile since we have done that drive.

I just requested some Indiana travel publications...they should give us some ideas on what to see when we are out & about! The brochures should be here in about 3 weeks.

Kathy :)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back