Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Spring Trip '10

Cadillac Tech

Seasoned Member
Even though it is snowing all across the country, we should start thinking about our Spring Trip for '10.:)

Dates;
April 22-25 or
April 29-May 2.

Destinations;

Bowling Green,KY and Nashville,TN.
We could spend time in Bowling Green touring the plant and The National Corvette Museum and then head down to Nashville,TN. (The C-5/C-6 Bash will be going on @ the NCM in Bowling Green April 29-May 1.)

Gatlinburg,TN.
There is plenty to see and do in and around Gatlinburg: Great Smoky MTS. National Park, Pigeon Forge, Sevierville, Asheville, NC and Chattanooga, TN.

If you have another destination or dates in mind, let me know.

Great, Deb and I would like the Bowling Green - Nashville Trip. We were going to make that trip this spring. Be nice to see everyone again!

Dave :wave:

Great, Deb and I would like the Bowling Green - Nashville Trip. We were going to make that trip this spring. Be nice to see everyone again!

Dave :wave:

Which one of the dates would work best for you and Deb?

Which one of the dates would work best for you and Deb?

April 29-May 2.

Better chance of warm weather. How the plant will be open for tours. NCM had just started new expansion on our last visit. Looking forward to seeing it.

Dave

April 29-May 2.

Better chance of warm weather. How the plant will be open for tours. NCM had just started new expansion on our last visit. Looking forward to seeing it.

Dave
The plant should be giving tours on Thursday and Friday since the C-5/C-6 Bash is that same weekend.:)

The plant should be giving tours on Thursday and Friday since the C-5/C-6 Bash is that same weekend.:)

I didn't realize the C5-C6 Bash was that weekend. Might be better to move our trip up one week to avoid the crowd! The Bash brings in a big crowd.

Chattanooga

Now that I live in Chattanooga, I would be honored to host a group that wanted to come this way. I know the attractions and roads around here, along with history and the new car plant I'm a part of.

Being close to the Smokey Mountains (where I am sending this message from), I think that it would be a great destination.

As previously mentioned, I think that all would be amazed at the great car collection my friend at Coker Tire could share.

Keep me in mind if you come this way.

XLR KEN :blinzel:

I will have to let Boss man reply to this. Any dates work for me.

I would definetely be interested in your area, as I've already been to Bowling Green a few times now. My folks lived in Athens, TN for a couple years before Dad passed and I loved that area. I think it was only about an hour north of you on I75. There are so many great riding areas around there, I know we would have a great time. Plus we would have a tour guide in you to show us around.;);) Hopefully we will decide in the next week or so and get in touch with you.

Now that I live in Chattanooga, I would be honored to host a group that wanted to come this way. I know the attractions and roads around here, along with history and the new car plant I'm a part of.

Being close to the Smokey Mountains (where I am sending this message from), I think that it would be a great destination.

As previously mentioned, I think that all would be amazed at the great car collection my friend at Coker Tire could share.

Ken, thanks for the wonderful offer. I too think it would make a great destination. Do you have a preference on the dates? We will try and get a vote ASAP.

We have 1 vote from Cubby and Supa for Chattanooga, anyone else?

I just checked my travel schedule and found that I will be out of town from April 22 - May 2. :pat: That eats up both suggested time slots above. Sorry, but I can't shift the reservations either way.

Could the visit to Chattanooga shift either earlier (April 17) or later (May 8)? Sorry for not thinking to look at my own calendar but I assure you I can assist in making a visit to Chattanooga a blast, even if I can't be here. My buddy's museum, all the great attractions and roads will still be here................

Great to think about spring being around the corner and no snow! Bill and I are ready for a warm get away. If it matters in the planning of the date, the Kentucky Derby is May 1st or 2nd

I don't know about anybody else, but I would hate to make a trip down your way and not be able to see you again or have you as our 'guide' for the area. Perhaps the MM's can make this a 2010 Fall Drive in early to mid September!!!!!;)

I just checked my travel schedule and found that I will be out of town from April 22 - May 2. :pat: That eats up both suggested time slots above. Sorry, but I can't shift the reservations either way.

Could the visit to Chattanooga shift either earlier (April 17) or later (May 8)? Sorry for not thinking to look at my own calendar but I assure you I can assist in making a visit to Chattanooga a blast, even if I can't be here. My buddy's museum, all the great attractions and roads will still be here................

If a visit can't happen to Chattanooga this Spring, the Fall season is just as beautiful. It will still be top-down weather in September. I too would be sad for a group of friends to come to Choo-Choo Town and me not be here to "play."

Ya'll keep me informed and if planning for a Fall visit comes early, I can lock out a day or two so my '05 can "play" with other XLR's.

I think scheduling a trip to Chattanooga at another time would be better, too.

Kathy

OK, MM's let's here your opinions on where and what to do for the 2010 Spring Drive. We need to figure it out ASAP, so we can check for rooms, etc.

Another suggestion was going down around the French Lick, IN area. Some of us did this back in 2007. There are some great roads and small quant towns in that area.

Even though it is snowing all across the country, we should start thinking about our Spring Trip for '10.:)

Dates;
April 22-25 or
April 29-May 2.

Destinations;

Bowling Green,KY and Nashville,TN.
We could spend time in Bowling Green touring the plant and The National Corvette Museum and then head down to Nashville,TN. (The C-5/C-6 Bash will be going on @ the NCM in Bowling Green April 29-May 1.)

Gatlinburg,TN.
There is plenty to see and do in and around Gatlinburg: Great Smoky MTS. National Park, Pigeon Forge, Sevierville, Asheville, NC and Chattanooga, TN.

If you have another destination or dates in mind, let me know.

How about a trip just to Nashville, TN? There are some scenic drives to the west and south of Nashville.
Either date for the spring drive works for Cadillac Tech & myself.

As Kathy mentions, there are some great sights (destinations) and drives Southwest of Nashville.

One that I did years ago (and I'm not suggesting the whole route here) is the Natchez Trace. It starts at Nashville (near some really neat places to see) but ends in Natchez Mississippi. Look it up on the internet. It's a limited-access scenic highway. In the spring, it's beautiful. You can jump on and/or off at numerous locations.

I have a book that takes you through each "landmark" at milemarkers along the whole route. It was originally an Indian trail, then a return path back North for Misissippi Rafters, etc.

XLR KEN

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back