Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The Weather Channel

As of 6:00PM tonight there were still 200 cars to be towed away yet. People never listen and learn--two days before the storm the news was broadcasting not to use Lake Shore Drive, as the wind would be coming off the lake and could produce 10-12' waves which could reach the Drive. Of course that happened and then accidents occured and caused the shutdown and stranded motorists. Guess they all missed the broadcasts.:lol::lol:

Hey Cubby!!! Been on Lake Shore Dr Today!! :chuckle. Saw it on the news tonight,,, I've seen junk yards with less stalled cars than that road has tonight! :laugh:

I was up at 5AM (yes, Giz, thats 5AM :chuckle) starting to clear the drive... my PULL CORD broke on my snowblower yesterday morning - but spent last night, putting on a new one ... thank goodness). Cleared my drive, my neighbor's (where my XLR is in its winter slumber), my brother's, my mom's drive and her neighbor's drive... OUCH, my poor back. My office was shut down today (due to weather); so I did some work from home.

I was out around 6:00 this morning (after clearing my drive) to get gas for my snowblower - I didn't see another car out there, until I got to the gas station (2nd choice, first one was closed)... it was VERY scary out there... even in my wife's 4x4 SUV.

This was a very bad storm - we had snowdrifts over 4 feet high, up against garage doors. I took Skye for his morning walk (oh yea, he doesn't care WHAT the weather is like - he has to go on his walk)... he loved it, but some streets we normally use, weren't plowed - 3 foot drifts across the streets. We stuck to the path that a lone snowplow had made at some point in the morning.

Not looking forward to the subzero temperatures that are suppose to follow now. :(

Be safe all your midwesterners. :rocker:

I was out at 6:30 this morning with the snow blower. It took 2 hours to get everything cleared. I made it in to work at 9:30. Most of the county roads had not seen a plow at that time. We are lucky, the milk semi comes down our road to the dairy farms in the area. Late last night a pay loader was out clearing our road for the semi. When I got how last night about 8:30, our road was just about impassable. Gotta love the snow.

That's right Whit, "gotta love the snow"

Cubby got us all dug out yesterday afternoon. He kept clearing through out the day and this morning cleared the end of our driveway from the drift the plow put there. Made it safe and sound to work this morning. Roads were as about as good as they are going to get for now. Now the freezing cold. :squint:

Chad,

They had Lake Shore Drive opened back up this morning at 6:00AM!!! It only took 33 hours total--pretty good for a storm this size. Now we are in a deep freeze, it was -9 this morning on the way to work. Warm up coming for the weekend, then back to single digits next week.:ugh::ugh:

Hey Cubby!!! Been on Lake Shore Dr Today!! :chuckle. Saw it on the news tonight,,, I've seen junk yards with less stalled cars than that road has tonight! :laugh:

Exercised the XLR today. Great conditions for top down driving. 78 degrees and cloudy enough that the sun wasn't too hot. Don't see how you snow people do it.....

Steve

Exercised the XLR today. Great conditions for top down driving. 78 degrees and cloudy enough that the sun wasn't too hot. Don't see how you snow people do it.....

Steve

It's something you get used to...that doesn't mean that you like it, you just get used to it! Yesterday central Indiana received another 5 inches of snow. Cadillac Tech spent 3 hours claearing the driveway & sidewalk. The ice is really difficult to remove. Today we are only expecting around 1" of snow. Spring arrives 6 weeks from today!

9 below last night... woke up to 6 1/2 inches of snow. Supposed to be -5 tonight with a high tomorrow of 25, 38 on Thursday and 40 on Friday... shortsleeve shirt weather!!!

Got up to 55 today, although a bit windy. But I guess that's what brings the warmth in to Montana. Told the wife, too bad the XLR is put away, but would probably be too windy for here with the top down anyway.

While it was record-breaking cold all week in Dallas ... came home Friday and its really warmed up all weekend! Almost 50 degrees today - hope some of the snow goes away soon - I miss Spring!

Ahhhhh, the good life, put the top down yesterday morning for the drive with the classic car club, temp about 78, parked it in the garage, went out this morning, top still down, temp got up to about 80, came home and put it back in the garage with the top still down. Tomorrow the weather is to be more of the same. Sure like the AZ winter.:):):)

Montana weather is so fickle in February!!! 62 on Tuesday, 15 right now with a high of 16 tomorrow, 30's Monday & Tuesday,
-2 next Thursday night.
go figure...

Little Bugger can't go out and play today, pouring down rain and more tonight and tomorrow. We really need it so thankful we are getting it. The Sun will come out Monday.

Little Bugger can't go out and play today, pouring down rain and more tonight and tomorrow. We really need it so thankful we are getting it. The Sun will come out Monday.
At least it's warm there... 4.6 degrees & snow here - supposed to have 4 inches by Sunday at 6PM. By the end of the week, we're back to below zero. Oh, YAY!!!

-3 here now... supposed to be -16 tonight and -18 tomorrow night. Going to break record lows of -10 from 2003. Back up to mid 40's mid next week though. Hope this is the END of winter in Montana!!! I want to drive the XLR!!!!

-3 here now... supposed to be -16 tonight and -18 tomorrow night. Going to break record lows of -10 from 2003. Back up to mid 40's mid next week though. Hope this is the END of winter in Montana!!! I want to drive the XLR!!!!

Sorry Rod the winter is being so hard on you. I had "Little Bugger" out today with the top down and will probably take him out tomorrow when I go for my haircut. It is supposed to get cold here on Saturday, down to 55. I know I could never live in Montana, I would freeze to death for sure.

Sorry Rod the winter is being so hard on you. I had "Little Bugger" out today with the top down and will probably take him out tomorrow when I go for my haircut. It is supposed to get cold here on Saturday, down to 55. I know I could never live in Montana, I would freeze to death for sure.

But... SPRING & SUMMER are coming. Don't think I'd live anywhere else in Spring & Summer. Guess one has to take the bad along with the good to live in "Big Sky Country".

Well we have finally have had a couple of 60+ days here in Chicago. Sun was out yesterday, but clouds have come in this afternoon. I decided to pull the XLR out today, knowing its at least going to be warmer. AHhhh, so nice to cruise around, at least with the windows down. Not ready for TOPDOWN cruizin' yet. Hopefully this weekend will allow me to spruce up my XLR a little more... Slowly start getting it ready for the Carolinas cruize. :rocker:

Still in the mid to upper 50's here... with quite a few rainy days. Too chilly to get her out of storage - besides where I have her stored, the alley access is still quite muddy. Probably wait about another month to get her out... but, believe me, I am getting antsy to drive her!!!!

Spring is finally here...according to the calendar! A high of 68 degrees today...high tomorrow 39! Yep, spring is here!
It's already summer in Florida...it was in the low 80's all last weekend during the race at Sebring. :cool:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom