Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The Weather Channel

We're having freezing rain this morning... fun driving today. Snow is forecast for tomorrow and Wednesday... temps in mid 20's.

Today we have, clouds, rain, sunshine, wind pretty much all the time, just can't make up it's mind what it wants to do. Temp is about 45.

Today we have, clouds, rain, sunshine, wind pretty much all the time, just can't make up it's mind what it wants to do. Temp is about 45.

I noticed that when we were there last June ... we had all 4 season's before noon .... But, OMG .... the scenery excused the behavior.

When we were at the Air Force Academy the wind could knock you over ... we laughed so hard struggling to get up those chapel stairs! :lol:

Every state seems to have it's own unique weather conditions .... too bad Hawaii is so far away from the contiguous states ... their weather - that's pretty hard to critique!

One word for the weather today SUCKS!!!! :ugh:

One word for the weather today SUCKS!!!! :ugh:

Oh ... I had to look up your weather .... You have a little snow falling?
There is an up-side to that .... no yardwork, no watering, no mowing, no leaves to rake ... you'll stay in? Watch a movie, light a fire .... mmmm, cozy!

Oh ... I had to look up your weather .... You have a little snow falling?
There is an up-side to that .... no yardwork, no watering, no mowing, no leaves to rake ... you'll stay in? Watch a movie, light a fire .... mmmm, cozy!

That would be terrific if I could stay home and not get out. It is cold. We will be lucky to make it into double digits. This morning our parking lot was so icy I almost slipped twice.

Woke up this morning -11. :ugh:

It was -2 at our house...bbrrrrrrrrrr!

-10 for me!

Skye felt right at home though. He was outside, rolling on his back, doing his SNOW ANGEL move in the snow. Crazy dog! :willy_nilly:

Stay warm all you midwesterners!

What does it feel like at a minus reading??? Do you have to dress different than, say, like 20 degrees?

Are these record-breaking temperatures???

Dave, take a picture of a doggie snow angel ...... how cool would that be to see :)

-7 here in the early AM. To deal with the cold, first you try to stay inside. If you go out you keep it short. If you have to be out for a while, you layer up. -10 is a lot different than +20. You have to be aware and cautious about frostbite. It can occur in a couple of minutes.

We have to be careful with the dogs too. Only short runs outside so their paws do not get hurt.

Bob

With no wind blowing,it is hard to tell the diiference unless you are out in it for some amount of time. With any wind, it is bone-chilling!!! The -11 was not even close to the record set on Jan. 20, 1985 of -27F, with windchills of -83F. We dress in layers around here in the winter--thermals, flannel-lined jeans, 2 or 3 shirts, etc...You can always take a layer off, but if you aren't home you can't put another layer on.:laugh::laugh:

Good thing about this arctic blast, is that is not going to last long---we'll be up in the 20's by game time on Sunday for the Bears-Packers NFC Title game.

What does it feel like at a minus reading??? Do you have to dress different than, say, like 20 degrees?

Are these record-breaking temperatures???

Dave, take a picture of a doggie snow angel ...... how cool would that be to see :)

"Artic Blast" .... ohh, I like that term ..... sounds sort of adventurous :squint:.

And flannel lined jeans???? I WOULD LOVE THOSE! I am going on to the 'net right now and going to look for a pair .... I wear Levi's 99% of the time and in our 'winter' the Levi material seems cold. That would be perfect.

Frost-bite??? That's frozen skin ... pretty scary ...

Haha, my poor dog is such a freaking wussy (Maltese), he would probably pee all over himself before he would go out in the cold .... he tiptoes in wet grass like a girlie-man! :lol:

"Artic Blast" .... ohh, I like that term ..... sounds sort of adventurous :squint:.

And flannel lined jeans???? I WOULD LOVE THOSE! I am going on to the 'net right now and going to look for a pair .... I wear Levi's 99% of the time and in our 'winter' the Levi material seems cold. That would be perfect.

Frost-bite??? That's frozen skin ... pretty scary ...

Haha, my poor dog is such a freaking wussy (Maltese), he would probably pee all over himself before he would go out in the cold .... he tiptoes in wet grass like a girlie-man! :lol:

I got Cubby his at LL Bean. :D Samantha loves this weather she goes out and plays in it. Of course I put a coat on her and cute little pink boots. :D

I got Cubby his at LL Bean. :D Samantha loves this weather she goes out and plays in it. Of course I put a coat on her and cute little pink boots. :D

But do the little pink boots stay on her? :chuckle

Really nice here... in the 40's!!! Maye snow tonight and 32 tomorrow, but 40's again mid-week. Maybe some of these ice ruts in the streets will disappear...

-5 on my walk last night with Skye... Brrrrrrrr.
Woke up this morning to a couple of inches of snow (still snowing) but still very cold. But as Cubby said earlier, this artic blast is supposed to be short-lived and we should get in double digits today. :rolleyes:

I miss summer! :cool:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back