Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Va. Beach/Outer Banks XLR Trip May 3-9, 2015

Pulled the trigger and booked the hotels. Marianne and i will be joining you all for the week.
We are from Scranton PA area, anyone from the northern area want to meet up and caravan down on sunday?

Bob & Marianne

2007 Black Raven/Cashmere XLR-V

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob & Marianne, welcome to the forum & great that you guys can come! Looking forward to meeting you. I know Harrisburg Hat is from Pa., so he's someone you guys might be able to catch up with.

Remember tomorrow row is the deadline for the NC hotel. Here's an updated list of who is coming:

Cubby & Supa
Crimson Pearl (Ken & Alexis)
BobW & Gayle
Popbigguy (Chad & Rogene)
05 Grand Daddy (Dan & Wendy)
Chicago Dave (Dave & Cindy)
Harrisburg Hat
Nils & Elise
Fireduck69 (Bob & Marianne)

Once we throw in our XLR, we'll have ten total - that will make for a cool caravan! :cool:

Amy

Only one?? Are you and Mike flipping a coin to see who's driving. :laugh::laugh:

Can't wait, it's been a long cold winter. Another snow storm coming in tomorrow night:(:( Need to get Scarlett-V out soon for some new rubber before the trip!

.......Once we throw in our XLR, we'll have ten total - that will make for a cool caravan! :cool:

Amy

Just a reminder folks! Sorry that Wendy & I will only be joining the group Thursday evening to Saturday departure time as we will be heading back to Pa from Myrtle Beach SC. We so wished we could of done the whole trip but it lined up this way with our 35th anniversary trip that was already scheduled. Luckily it is in SC so we could join the group going back that way to home! If travels go as plan we should roll in to Kitty Hawk around 4-5pm Thursday evening! ROXY's actually getting the works this weekend with a good interior cleaning exterior waxing and Pa inspection on Tuesday along with a trip inspection!
Safe travels all see you then! Let's all pray for great sunny weather after this winter here we are looking for that so badly!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Last edited:
Only one?? Are you and Mike flipping a coin to see who's driving. :laugh::laugh:

Can't wait, it's been a long cold winter. Another snow storm coming in tomorrow night:(:( Need to get Scarlett-V out soon for some new rubber before the trip!

I left that alone but figured someone would bring it up - you're the winner! Sometimes having a designated driver (not me!) is nice ... I'm sure they'll both be out to play together!

Mike got new rubber for Victor in the fall, Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 255/40ZR19 on the rear, 245/40ZR19 on the front. Super sticky & kicked up a LOT of little peeples/rocks on the car for quite a bit before that wore off. Weather's been so bad since we got them haven't really tested the performance.

I left that alone but figured someone would bring it up - you're the winner! Sometimes having a designated driver (not me!) is nice ... I'm sure they'll both be out to play together!

Mike got new rubber for Victor in the fall, Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 255/40ZR19 on the rear, 245/40ZR19 on the front. Super sticky & kicked up a LOT of little peeples/rocks on the car for quite a bit before that wore off. Weather's been so bad since we got them haven't really tested the performance.

Roxy wears them rubbers and we really love them tires, and they stick like glue, but quite expensive for a 30k mile tire!!!

Charleston Sounds Great!

Great to hear Nils! It will be great seeing you and Elise again. We are making a two day trip out of getting there, meeting up with Chad (Popbigguy) & Rogene in Charleston, WV on May 2. Perhaps you'd like to meet up and join us for the trip in on Sunday.

Hi Guys! Thanks for the invite to caravan with you. We are also planning to make a two-day trip going down, and meeting up with you sounds like a plan. Yep, we're in for the long haul. The only thing better than traveling in an XLR is traveling in a caravan of XLRs! Let us know the particulars and we'll make it work. We are pumped!!!

Attachments

• 543821_633726873317398_718113109_n[1].jpg
    543821_633726873317398_718113109_n[1].jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 281
Ahh, a XLR surrounded by sand & palm trees -- THAT is an inspiring picture!

Shirts & Hats

For the shirts and hats, I went with one of our members commercial embroidery. Tim's (nerkpowers) wife, Beth owns All Star Embroidery and they were kind enough to help with all the shirt and hat selections.

The shirts are white performance polo (wicking type fabric) in both Men's & Women's style are $22.50 each-extra for 2X & 3X sizes.

The hats are an unstructured khaki colored cap for $9.50 each.

To order call: All Star Embroidery @ 740-364-9212 and let Beth know this is for the Va Beach trip. Specify men's or women's style for the shirts and size, plus let her know if you will be ordering a hat and how many. For payment, Beth will take credit cards over the phone.

Orders must be in by April 17th

The orders will all be processed and sent to me to arrive before May 2nd, so they will be waiting for you when you arrive in Va Beach.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 276
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 271
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 260
Cool. Wish I was attending. But since mom just had a heart valve replacement surgery. She'll still be recouping and they don't want her in a 2 seater just encase the airbag goes off.

The shirts and hats look awesome Mike. Design is great. The shirts look to be the same as Beth made for the Dublin show last year, they are great shirts!! I'll be sending our order in on Monday. Hoping to get the V's out this coming week, as the temps will finally get to the 60's. Scarlett-V needs new shoes before the trip!

For the shirts and hats, I went with one of our members commercial embroidery. Tim's (nerkpowers) wife, Beth owns All Star Embroidery and they were kind enough to help with all the shirt and hat selections.

The shirts are white performance polo (wicking type fabric) in both Men's & Women's style are $22.50 each-extra for 2X & 3X sizes.

The hats are an unstructured khaki colored cap for $9.50 each.

To order call: All Star Embroidery @ 740-364-9212 and let Beth know this is for the Va Beach trip. Specify men's or women's style for the shirts and size, plus let her know if you will be ordering a hat and how many. For payment, Beth will take credit cards over the phone.

Orders must be in by April 17th

The orders will all be processed and sent to me to arrive before May 2nd, so they will be waiting for you when you arrive in Va Beach.

Cool. Wish I was attending. But since mom just had a heart valve replacement surgery. She'll still be recouping and they don't want her in a 2 seater just encase the airbag goes off.

Best wishes & prayers for a quick recovery to your moms surgery Guy! Just wanted to mention a turn of the key in the glove (at least on my 05) you can turn off the seat bag in the passenger side! I remember reading there was some models after 2005 went to amount of weight on the seat to trigger the air bag, so I don't know if they have a way to turn off completely or not?

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

The shirts and hats look awesome Mike. Design is great. The shirts look to be the same as Beth made for the Dublin show last year, they are great shirts!! I'll be sending our order in on Monday. Hoping to get the V's out this coming week, as the temps will finally get to the 60's. Scarlett-V needs new shoes before the trip!

Talking about the Dublin Ohio Show is any other XLR members planning on going? It,s the weekend of July 10th and happens to land on my 58th birthday weekend this year and Wendy wants to trip somewhere, and if thing can be arranged between our planning another back yard 2 car garage construction & some badly needed home updating projects we would definitely be interested!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Amy came up with the design and I drew it up, then Beth and Tim did the rest. Our shirts are similar to the Dublin show shirts because Tim said everyone seemed happy with them so why mess with success.

I just put new shoes on Victor-V a couple of months ago along with new TPMS sensors so Victor will be ready to go.

Can't wait to see everyone!! :wave:

Talking about the Dublin Ohio Show is any other XLR members planning on going? It,s the weekend of July 10th and happens to land on my 58th birthday weekend this year and Wendy wants to trip somewhere, and if thing can be arranged between our planning another back yard 2 car garage construction & some badly needed home updating projects we would definitely be interested!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"
We are planning on attending the Dublin Show along with Cubby and Supa and several others. There is a forum thread for the Arthritis show.

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"
Dan,
There is a thread for the Arthritis Show including a link for sign up. I hope you and Wendy can make it, it was a good get together last year.

https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/events/8336-2015-dublin-arthritis-car-show-july-10th-and-11th.html
Tim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just a reminder, we're coming up on the final room block deadline for the Virginia Beach hotel, Hampton Inn Oceanfront South (Va. Beach): April 3, 2015

Amy :wave:

I am still pretty miffed that I can not be there this year...... :(

I am still pretty miffed that I can not be there this year...... :(

We share your miffedness! Because we'll miss you & your pizazz! :blinzel:

Something pretty neat

So, we thought it would be great if we could get all the cars on the Virginia Beach Boardwalk for some pictures with the ocean behind us. Even though we promised we'd be quick & could do it early a.m., that requires permits, payment of $, etc. etc. Not a go. :(

BUT, our hotel worked it out so that we will be able to pull into a "park" (it's brick paved so not a park to me) next to it and get solo shots that will give the same views as boardwalk pictures. :thumbsup We won't be able to do a group shot, but I think a picture of each one of our XLR's with the ocean as a backdrop is going to be pretty nice! One day we should do a forum calendar with these types of things.

Less than a month to go ... :twist:

So, we thought it would be great if we could get all the cars on the Virginia Beach Boardwalk for some pictures with the ocean behind us. Even though we promised we'd be quick & could do it early a.m., that requires permits, payment of $, etc. etc. Not a go. :(

BUT, our hotel worked it out so that we will be able to pull into a "park" (it's brick paved so not a park to me) next to it and get solo shots that will give the same views as boardwalk pictures. :thumbsup We won't be able to do a group shot, but I think a picture of each one of our XLR's with the ocean as a backdrop is going to be pretty nice! One day we should do a forum calendar with these types of things.

Less than a month to go ... :twist:

I guess if we want Boardwalk shots we need to do a fall XLR gathering In Ocean City MD. some year, but only in October during the fall (not Spring) event will they allow our XLR's into the event and they do a parade for only vehicles that are entered for the event at inlet which the parade runs every morning Thursday, Friday & Saturday but not Sunday! I'm already paid this years in October $35, November goes to $45 then I think around now goes to $55 until they sellout normally in September! Here's pics from this past year!
d8695b6647fc7eb870cbd4ba39979936.jpg

63f0b6f44723d033bfac4f91114878f0.jpg

a2d933891f3b1db483db116d35b3fff5.jpg

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors