Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR brick @ the NCM

Which phrase would you like to have on the XLR group brick?

• None of the above

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Performance & Style...Built in Bowling Green '04-'09

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cadillac Tech

Seasoned Member
I think it would be nice to have an XLR brick on display @ The National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY. This would be a group purchase. The bricks are 24"x24" ($2,600) or 12"x 12" ($650) with a design of our choosing. You can also get the 4"x8" bricks ($125) done with your info on it & have them put around the larger brick. Here are links with more information; http://www.corvettemuseum.com/brick/index.shtml
http://store.corvettemuseum.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=55
Let me know if you are interested.

I think it would be nice to have an XLR brick on display @ The National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY. This would be a group purchase. The bricks are 24"x24" ($2,600) or 12"x 12" ($650) with a design of our choosing. You can also get the 4"x8" bricks ($125) done with your info on it & have them put around the larger brick. Here are links with more information; http://www.corvettemuseum.com/brick/index.shtml
I would be interested in joining the group.:worship:

I am DEFINITELY interested Bruce! What would be more fitting, than to have a permanent spot for our XLR's at the Corvette Museum. I hear other "clubs" have done similar bricks ... we don't want to be out-done by those "non-Bowling Green" cars, do we? I think it would be awesome if we could get enough people for the 24" x 24" Brick. We all love our Cadillacs and are proud to be from Corvette heritage - lets show it!! :rocker:

Challenge the members!

This sounds like to me to be a good idea. I am still miffed that I can't attend the homecoming but I am very willing to chip in.

$2,600.00 sounds like a daunting amount- :willy_nilly: - you have had over 200 members read this post but only 2 others have spoken up. If we join together on this it can be affordable for everyone.

Is there a way to get the administrator send a message out to all the members about this: If we challenge all the members to put their money where their HEART is: If they are a passionate about their XLR's as they claim, then lets make our voices heard! Perhaps you can ask if everyone will commit to $30 bucks (less than 1/2 tank of gas) you may see some more members speak up.

The XLR DESERVES to have its place at the NCM - after all: weez kissin cuzins! :love:

This does sound like a good idea. I too think it's something we as XLR owners should do.

Many of you will be able to see the other display bricks in person next month @ The Homecoming in BG. We would have liked to have had a display brick @ The BG Assembly Plant, but they are not set up for that. I hope we get enough interest to purchase the 24" X 24" brick.

I'm thinking "XLR...Born in Bowling Green" for the brick.:)

LIST OF PLEDGES -

OK, so lets start a list of those XLR people that would like to pledge toward the Museum Brick - PM me or post your pledge (I will update the running list).
- Come on folks, lets make sure the XLR permanently has a place in Bowling Green!
:rocker:

GOAL: $2,600 (24" x 24" Brick) RUNNING TOTAL: $340

1. Chicago Dave (Dave) - $50
2. Graytoad (Sandy) - $30
3. Sschooley (Steve) - $50
4. Jetboy (Kent) -$50
5. Mytime (Glen) - $30
6. mtrocket (Rod) -$30
7. Cubby & Supa (Kevin & Marion) -$100
8. Homegameroom (Rich) - ?

Many of you will be able to see the other display bricks in person next month @ The Homecoming in BG. We would have liked to have had a display brick @ The BG Assembly Plant, but they are not set up for that. I hope we get enough interest to purchase the 24" X 24" brick.

I'm thinking "XLR...Born in Bowling Green" for the brick.:)

I like that too but would like to see www.xlr-net.com below that: Also could the Cadillac wreath also go on? I guess the first thing is to get the sponsors.......Hey, what about dealerships chipping in? (or am I barking up the wrong tree since the car is no longer in production?!) Another source may be aftermarket suppliers!

Anyway:
I am in for $30.00 for sure, possibly more if necessary but I think if we try to stick with the $30.00 amount we may just be able to get the 100 people necessary!

I like that too but would like to see www.xlr-net.com below that: Also could the Cadillac wreath also go on? I guess the first thing is to get the sponsors.......Hey, what about dealerships chipping in? (or am I barking up the wrong tree since the car is no longer in production?!) Another source may be aftermarket suppliers!

Anyway:
I am in for $30.00 for sure, possibly more if necessary but I think if we try to stick with the $30.00 amount we may just be able to get the 100 people necessary!

Sandy, Thanks for the input. I would like to have the wreath & crest on the brick as well, but we can work on the design as we get closer to the dollar amount. I would prefer to keep the brick about the car, the owners of the car & it's connection to Bowling Green; but that will be up to you guys to decide.

Thanks everyone - List updated. :wave:

Supa & I are in for $100.00 I'll try working on a design and post results. We will also be doing a 4x8 brick for ourselves.

Thanks Cubby! Devin and I are also going to do a 4x8 brick (to surround the 24x24 brick). :rocker:

4" X 8" bricks

Thanks Cubby! Devin and I are also going to do a 4x8 brick (to surround the 24x24 brick). :rocker:

I was told that if 10 or more of 4'' X 8" bricks are orderd @ the same time the cost will be $100 each.

I was told that if 10 or more of 4'' X 8" bricks are orderd @ the same time the cost will be $100 each.

Is it (10) 4x8 bricks that would surround a 24x24 brick? :dunno:

Is it (10) 4x8 bricks that would surround a 24x24 brick? :dunno:

Yes, it would be for the 4"X8" bricks surrounding the 24"X24" brick. The smaller bricks can be purchased and installed near the 24"X24" brick at a later date for anyone who would like to add one. :)

Here is a couple of pictures that show the bricks in front of the NCM. You can see the larger 24x24 bricks with the smaller bricks around it. The one 12x12 brick with the #22 on it in the 1st photo, is for brick section 22. The 24x24 bricks really look nice.

Sandy, Thanks for the input. I would like to have the wreath & crest on the brick as well, but we can work on the design as we get closer to the dollar amount. I would prefer to keep the brick about the car, the owners of the car & it's connection to Bowling Green; but that will be up to you guys to decide.
I'd like to see the design first .... I am with you on this one Bruce ... I would like to see the brick be about the XLR .... Cadillac .... and the owners .... Since most of us met on a different forum, my HO is that forum .com's be left off of the brick. If the owners of the forums would like to create a brick that should be a separate brick maybe surrounding the larger. Also, since there appears to be many artistic people that participate, maybe they would like to submit a design too? JMHO

I'd like to see the design first .... I am with you on this one Bruce ... I would like to see the brick be about the XLR .... Cadillac .... and the owners .... Since most of us met on a different forum, my HO is that forum .com's be left off of the brick. If the owners of the forums would like to create a brick that should be a separate brick maybe surrounding the larger. Also, since there appears to be many artistic people that participate, maybe they would like to submit a design too? JMHO

I am inclined to agree with RA...

OK, so lets get some ideas on what the design should look like. I'm inclined to think that we should keep it fairly simple - otherwise there are too many people to please. I think the Cadillac wreath/crest should be part of it, as well as the "silhouette" and the Cadillac script. I'll try to bring some sketches to the homecoming. We need to continue to promote this - in order to raise the funds for the 24x24 brick.

Come on people, lets make sure the XLR has its place in Bowling Green! :rocker:

I'm inclined to agree with Dave .... keep it classy - it is not a Corvette and I definetly think the wreath/outline and script should be part of it ... simple is always better. And we want it to stand out among the rest .... so emphasis on Cadillac is key. MHO

I've been working on getting a design I thought most would like and tried to keep it a simple as possible. I liked the quote that Cadillac Tech said, so I used that.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom