Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR brick @ the NCM

Which phrase would you like to have on the XLR group brick?

• None of the above

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Performance & Style...Built in Bowling Green '04-'09

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mine was just a starting point, but I agree with keeping it a simple as possible. You certainly don't want something 'cluttered' with too much. I also agree with not having the V logo on it. You can put it on your personal brick.

... then it doesn't look too "busy" above the silhouette. I really like how Cubby's design was just so basic... we should try to stay as close to that as possible.

Nice work everyone! Now lets get more donations! :rocket:

I am leaning toward Sandy and Gizmo on the V logo - I think if any V owners want to add a small brick connected to the 24" brick, then a V logo would be very appropriate - I think that would be very cool too.

I kind of like this design of Gizmo's (but with the "Built with Pride in Bowling Green" under the silhouette) - and without the V logo (maybe center the Crest below)... then it doesn't look too "busy" above the silhouette. I really like how Cubby's design was just so basic... we should try to stay as close to that as possible.

Nice work everyone! Now lets get more donations! :rocket:

Great suggestions everyone! My.02; keep it as simple as possible. I would have the XLR silhouette going the other direction (like on Cubby's design), "Built with Pride in Bowling Green" under the silhouette, Cadillac XLR above the silhouette. Anything else could be put on seperate bricks around the large 24x24 brick.

Great suggestions everyone! My.02; keep it as simple as possible. I would have the XLR silhouette going the other direction (like on Cubby's design), "Built with Pride in Bowling Green" under the silhouette, Cadillac XLR above the silhouette. Anything else could be put on seperate bricks around the large 24x24 brick.

I have to agree .... it got way too busy ... and much too wordy ... too many symbols to look at. After I saw the V logo - I agree, it doesn't look like it belongs there.

Lola's brick will have her year, production number and date ... if the wreath is not on the main brick, for sure it will be on hers. I'm actually thinking of using her windscreen design ....

Bruce's design (if I read it correctly):

Giz, I think I prefer the "Cadillac XLR" style you did on the other designs. The Cadillac script was smaller than the XLR letters.:)

You want them top over bottom or side by side?

[QUOTE I would have the XLR silhouette going the other direction (like on Cubby's design), "Built with Pride in Bowling Green" under the silhouette, Cadillac XLR above the silhouette.....[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Not that "Pride" is objectionable but I was thinking "All Built in Bowling Green" This may help defuse the prior tombstone concerns.

I am fond of the Cadillac crest and a couple in the upper corners could be a nice touch. Might be too busy for some though...

I really like how this is coming together and the way everyone is approaching this effort. Proud to be part of it.

Steve

Giz ... above - like your first one ...

Steve .... the Built with Pride in BG really is fitting .... I think Bruce is reminding us of our R3 trip to BG when we were allowed to do a few things that NO OTHER car group had gotten to do .... one of those things was to drive our car around the test area - a place that even most employees at the factory at never even gotten a glimpse of .... on our way in, we were welcomed by many factory workers who were standing on the docks waving us in .... they were looking at almost 100 XLR's coming 'home' ... they were amazing men and woman who you could tell took real pride in their work and 'their' car. I like that slogan - very much - and wish I had thought of it.... :patriot:

I agree the silhouette should face towards the right, that way it is "moving" in the same direction we read left to right. This gives a sense of motion to the silhouette, and when it is facing left the car appears to be travelling in reverse.

Ya I know, the sixtes were good to me, but I never inhaled.

I like the "built with pride" scripting.

If it is thought the "crest " needs to be on the brick, perhaps the XLR can be placed inside the silhouette much like the badging on the car.

I like this idea, but I do have a question, if this brick is to be located outside the Corvette Museum, ( which I think I read,does not house a XLR) will there be any relutance on behalf of the Museum to place a "non" Corvette brick ?

I don't think they mind making money off of it. And I remember hearing that the local Porsche Club has a brick, so they must be open to everybody I guess.

I like this idea, but I do have a question, if this brick is to be located outside the Corvette Museum, ( which I think I read,does not house a XLR) will there be any relutance on behalf of the Museum to place a "non" Corvette brick ?[/QUOTE]

The bricks are open to everyone. Many of the car clubs or groups that have visited the NCM have had bricks done & they are on display. Bricks are also done for someone that has died, as a way to remember them. The large bricks are all outside along the walkways. The interior bricks are different styles and sizes.

Side by side like you had it in the earlier designs.

Like this?

I'm all for uncluttered, but my 2c - there's too much white space. I like having the crest to fill some of the space. Put each word at the top on a separate line so they would be as large as possible. The block text at the bottom could also be larger if separated into two lines.

The top of the brick should be very large fonts to grab a passerby's attention at a glance from a distance. The slogan I liked because it draws in the viewer, i.e., to be able to read it, plus it leaves an emotional impression on the viewer, thereby, ingraining the whole of the brick on them regardless whether the emotional response is positive or negative - it sticks with them and that the purpose of a print ad. (Mass Communication degree showing again ;))

Like I said earlier, from my training in film and media schools, the silhouette facing right symbolizes moving forward.

OK, maybe that was 4c :naughty:

Keep the suggestions coming, I'll try to post peoples suggestions as soon as I can that way we can all see them visually and comment.

Here's a few more thoughts for the brick;

Cadillac Style...Built in Bowling Green

Life, Liberty & the Pursuit

Bowling Green, KY...Home of the XLR

I really like those. Sent chills down my spine... lol

Brick info

I spoke with Meagan from the NCM today about our XLR brick.
The 4x8 bricks can have script only, no logos, due to size; so no wreath & crest or V logo. If you have a V you could put XLR-V on the 4x8 brick along with your other information.

She said to keep the 24x24 brick as simple as possible so that the design can be large & stand out. The more that we put on the brick the smaller everything on it will have to be.

Hopefully we will get to talk with her about the brick next week during The Homecoming.:)

This is still my vote ... simple!

As Bruce said, Megan says the less, the better. I think this design would look SOOO good as a brick in KY.

COME ON - LET'S GET THOSE PLEDGES UP!!!
I really want to see this brick become a reality! :blinzel:

ChicagoDave said:
This is still my vote ... simple!

As Bruce said, Meagan says the less, the better. I think this design would look SOOO good as a brick in KY.

I agree, with one minor change... I think the silhouette should face to the right. Facing to the left makes it look like it's backing up... JMO.

That is the way Cadillac originally displayed the silhouette when it first came out. (The car is actually heading west instead of east:laugh::laugh::laugh:)

I agree, with one minor change... I think the silhouette should face to the right. Facing to the left makes it look like it's backing up... JMO.

After seeing the bricks at the museum, we probably don't want the Cadillac script too small, I think it will wear/break apart more rapidly.

As far as which way the car faces - the person that originally designed this logo, had it facing to the left, shouldn't we leave it that way? Just an FYI - the horse on the Mustang logo, faces to the left too.

Just sayin'. :wave:

But I'm fine with whatever the group agrees on. :rocker:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry