Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR decklid liner, part #19169562

You should be able to get them at your dealership. If not try gmpartsdirect.com

Hey guys.....any idea where I can buy the trim removal tool? I tried one from PepBoys and it was too large for the retainer clips.

Attempted to remove them using a small flathead screwdriver, and I broke 3 of the clips....was slow and careful, but they were extremely brittle. Anyone know the part # to buy replacement clips?

Thanks!!!

Hey guys.....any idea where I can buy the trim removal tool? I tried one from PepBoys and it was too large for the retainer clips.

Attempted to remove them using a small flathead screwdriver, and I broke 3 of the clips....was slow and careful, but they were extremely brittle. Anyone know the part # to buy replacement clips?

Thanks!!!

If you have an O'Reilley's in your area... try them for the removal tool. Also the clip part # is 11519949; they list at $1.65 each.

Thanks....there's an O'Reilley's 2 miles from my house! Is there a part number or brand for the removal tool? The one I bought from PepBoys looked like a big screwdriver with a forked tip. Does the tip go under the bottom part of the clip or around the middle/center part?

Thanks....there's an O'Reilley's 2 miles from my house! Is there a part number or brand for the removal tool? The one I bought from PepBoys looked like a big screwdriver with a forked tip. Does the tip go under the bottom part of the clip or around the middle/center part?

The clips are actually a two piece clip - the removal tool goes around the middle/center, the center then pops up and then the clip can be removed from the panel. There are a couple indentations in the outer ring to facilitate getting the removal tool under the center piece.
Come to think of it, take one of the broken clips with you and O'Reilley's could probably match them for you as well; they'll also match up a removal tool that will work, they carry the Lisle brand. Incidentally, I purchased a 6 piece trim removal set from Harbor Freight - has three different tip sizes with two different lengths per tip - probably for about the same price as one tool from O'Reilley's...
Good luck!!!

It's always nice to have the right tool for the job, but I never had any trouble using a small to medium flat blade screwdriver to pull the center pin up.

I had to remove the original decklid liner earlier in order to get to and change the lamps for the license plate light, which I changed to LEDs. I then removed them again when I changed the decklid liner itself, as seen earlier in this thread.

Hi guys...they only had 1 trim removal tool in stock. See attached- part # 35400. Is this the one that you used? It looks awfully large for our small clips.

Hi guys...they only had 1 trim removal tool in stock. See attached- part # 35400. Is this the one that you used? It looks awfully large for our small clips.

It should work just fine... just make sure you have it all the way under the center part of the clip - so that the narrowest slot is as far in as it will go and then raise the center portion. The center portion should lift about 1/2 inch or so, then pull the tool out and put it under the entire clip and the clip should pop right out of the trunk lid. If the center portion comes out all the way, don't worry... just fit it back into the clip. It should work just fine to be reused.
Hope this helps...

Griots Garage and Eastwood have a nice set of nylon trim tools that won't scratch the finish of paint or plastic panels. They come in a wide assortment for the smallest push clips to the "Christmas Tree" style fasteners. I've used them more times than I can remember! Cheap too!

CC

New winter fashion for Beauty (2 different suppliers, both did a great job but one needed prodding to get it). Beastmobile is jealous, but it already got upgrades that should have added 100 hp so it's as even as it's gonna get!

New winter fashion for Beauty (2 different suppliers, both did a great job but one needed prodding to get it). Beastmobile is jealous, but it already got upgrades that should have added 100 hp so it's as even as it's gonna get!

Can you provide supplier information about the underhood pad, part numbers and cost?

CRIMSON PEARL said:
Can you provide supplier information about the underhood pad, part numbers and cost?

Yes, I would like the info as well. I finally got the trunk liner; now I NEED TO GET the hood liner as well...

Yes please post the supplier info, as I would also like to get both of these for my XLR.
:cool:

I'll add a bump for the hood liner info, as well. Have the deck lid liner and love it! Have seen where someone had an airbrush job done on the hood liner, but I'd much prefer to have the manufactured version. Thanks!

We used www.carmotorsports.com for the hood liner. If you go to the web site, you'll see they'll do almost any design you want on just about anything you want. You'll also see that there isn't any XLR stuff shown, but if you call them they will take care of you. My husband ended up ordering over the phone and surprised me with it, so I don't have pricing info. I assume that it's close to the prices on the site for the Corvette liners.

If you have the talent, they also will offer to send only the monogrammed material so you can put it on the existing liner yourself and save about $100 -- but we figured we'd spend three times that trying to get it on right! :ugh:

Thanks for the info, XLRATING!

I spoke with A.J. who claimed to be one of the owners. This is the information he allowed regarding an embroidered hood liner for our XLRs:

1) New liner (from GM) with Cadillac Crest plus "XLR" embroidery is $354.95. Add shipping of $75. Total = $429.95 (Includes new clips)

2) Kit form comes with components to apply supplied logos to existing hood liner. Have to read up on the technique required on their website, but doesn't appear to be too extreme of a project. Glue is included. Basic kit is $184.95 and includes one logo (Crest, for example). Additional logo is $30 (XLR, for example). Shipping is $20. Total for two logos = $234.95

Claims delivery in "about" two weeks from date of order.

I haven't decided which way to go yet. If anyone gets further information or opts for the kit, I'd appreciate a heads up on their experience.

In my opinion, the kit is the way to go. If it's like the one I bought a few years ago off of ebay; they embroider it on the 'rat fur' type material and you glue it to your existing hoodliner. The hoodliner is easy to remove and layout on the floor to apply.

Thanks for the info, XLRATING!

I spoke with A.J. who claimed to be one of the owners. This is the information he allowed regarding an embroidered hood liner for our XLRs:

1) New liner (from GM) with Cadillac Crest plus "XLR" embroidery is $354.95. Add shipping of $75. Total = $429.95 (Includes new clips)

2) Kit form comes with components to apply supplied logos to existing hood liner. Have to read up on the technique required on their website, but doesn't appear to be too extreme of a project. Glue is included. Basic kit is $184.95 and includes one logo (Crest, for example). Additional logo is $30 (XLR, for example). Shipping is $20. Total for two logos = $234.95

Claims delivery in "about" two weeks from date of order.

I haven't decided which way to go yet. If anyone gets further information or opts for the kit, I'd appreciate a heads up on their experience.

AJ is also who we dealt with. Liner got to us about 10 days after ordering.

Since Beauty has her bling under the hood, it's only fair to start working on Victor-V under the hood. :chuckle I contacted AJ at carmotorsports.com and sent some photos of what I wanted for under the hood. You can see the results below. I also installed a polished stainless fuse box cover from Diane at carartwork.biz. :cool:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 627
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 542
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 488
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 478
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 505
I like the work. I was reading up on their page and like how they use special glue that withstands the extreme heat. I also like how you embroidered the trunk area too. Looks good for shows....

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom