Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR decklid liner, part #19169562

Cadillac Tech

Seasoned Member
http://www.crateenginedepot.com/store/product1.aspx?Product_ID=6752

Here is the part number and a link for the beautiful XLR decklid liner (I used this link because it had a picture of the liner). This will replace the plain liner that came on the XLRs from the factory. Many XLR owners purchased these liners when they were released in early '08 and have really enjoyed the added "bling".

Bruce is spot-on. The liner I installed has received many positive comments and really dresses up the decklid. Available from gmpartsdirect for $105 too. A must-have.

I wish a similar hood liner was available!

CC :wave:

Just ordered one for my V. Where exactly does it fit? :rolleyes: Update... asked question before actually taking a look... obvious, of course... looking forward to adding it!

Bruce,

These will fit all year models, correct?

Looks like a nice little upgrade!

I'm still waiting to hear from the shop that did my seats to see if their embroiderer can make the hoodliner. When I find out I will post info.

I wish a similar hood liner was available!

CC :wave:

I'm still waiting to hear from the shop that did my seats to see if their embroiderer can make the hoodliner. When I find out I will post info.

That was my very next thought - I gotta have the hood liner!

Not available in Canada

I would like to add this feature to my car but have had no succes for over a year now. The part number from GM has been discontinued in Canada and GM parts direct will not ship here. Does anyone know of a source that will ship to Canada? :pat:

Hey MYTIME, I am wondering how far you are from the US/CDN border? We are in southern Ontario and use a US post box service in Niagara Falls (as we restore old cars etc) and we drive down to pick things up. If you are not too far from the border this is a great way around that problem. If you are too far then the other alternative is look into a parcel service and arrange to have them forward to you. OR befriend another XLR member from the US and arrange to have shipped to them and they can forward to you?

BTW I love your choice of colour! :blinzel:

Can I assume these are the same medium dark grey of the stock piece? Do you remove the stock one and replace with this one or do you install this one on top?

Can I assume these are the same medium dark grey of the stock piece? Do you remove the stock one and replace with this one or do you install this one on top?

Yes, they are the same color as the stock cover, and you have to remove the stock one and replace with this one... a fairly easy switch.

Received an email today from GM Parts Direct that the lid liner was backordered and they didn't know when, or if, GM would resupply. Are they the ONLY source for these (I really liked their price : )?

Received an email today from GM Parts Direct that the lid liner was backordered and they didn't know when, or if, GM would resupply. Are they the ONLY source for these (I really liked their price : )?

This was earmarked as my father's day gift but my wife got called with the same message-all sold out and no idea if or when more will be available. Apparently three (3) of us ordered at the same time and they were down to only one (1) left.

Good news though- the same deck lid part (new and unused) is now on e-bay at the same price on a "buy it now" basis. They claim to have three (3) left after mine was ordered last night.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-0...idZp5197Q2em7QQitemZ400204184514#ht_500wt_722

Steve

Early this week I located a solitary unit in a New Mexico warehouse and made the purchase. It cost me an extra $30 to get it to Pensacola, but at least I've latched onto one. The email from gmpartsdirect just didn't sound too promising. Supposed to be delivered today for a weekend project. :)

This was earmarked as my father's day gift but my wife got called with the same message-all sold out and no idea if or when more will be available. Apparently three (3) of us ordered at the same time and they were down to only one (1) left.

Good news though- the same deck lid part (new and unused) is now on e-bay at the same price on a "buy it now" basis. They claim to have three (3) left after mine was ordered last night.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-0...idZp5197Q2em7QQitemZ400204184514#ht_500wt_722

Steve

I think I was one of the three that ordered at the same time as you guys ... I have not received any communication from gmpartsdirect.com. I checked my order and it still says "on order". I'm going to try calling later this afternoon. Their website says its a few weeks to get shipped (I'm guessing because they just take regular stock and send it out to be embroidered, once they get a customer order). I I'll let you know what I find out.

I think I was one of the three that ordered at the same time as you guys ... I have not received any communication from gmpartsdirect.com. I checked my order and it still says "on order". I'm going to try calling later this afternoon. Their website says its a few weeks to get shipped (I'm guessing because they just take regular stock and send it out to be embroidered, once they get a customer order). I I'll let you know what I find out.

OK, well, I got the email from gmpartsdirect.com today - saying its on back-order. I might just wait and see - or I might see if my embroiderer friend might be able to just embroider my existing one ... and maybe put the silhouette instead - in the same color as my calipers. I bet that would look sharp.

OK, well, I got the email from gmpartsdirect.com today - saying its on back-order. I might just wait and see - or I might see if my embroiderer friend might be able to just embroider my existing one ... and maybe put the silhouette instead - in the same color as my calipers. I bet that would look sharp.

I was thinking the same thing... taking mine in to an embroiderer and see what they could do for me. And you're right, the silhouette would look spectacular!!!

Okay, my lid liner arrived this afternoon and looks pretty darn good! I'm anxious to install it tomorrow, but I don't own any "trim removing tools". Does anyone have any tips as to using "conventional" hand tools (screwdriver blades, et al) to pop these clips without breaking or damaging them? The liner came with eight new clips, but I'd prefer to keep the originals intact... if possible.

Thanks, as always!

Okay, my lid liner arrived this afternoon and looks pretty darn good! I'm anxious to install it tomorrow, but I don't own any "trim removing tools". Does anyone have any tips as to using "conventional" hand tools (screwdriver blades, et al) to pop these clips without breaking or damaging them? The liner came with eight new clips, but I'd prefer to keep the originals intact... if possible.

Thanks, as always!

It's really difficult to get the retainers out without breaking them if you don't have a trim removal tool. You can try it by moving around the retainers prying with a screwdriver very carefully, but they do take some effort to get them out; hence, the reason the liner came with new clips. If you have a Harbor Freight close by, they have trim removal tools at a really good price.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom