Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR decklid liner, part #19169562

Thanks for the Harbor Freight tip, mtrocket! There happens to be one here in Pensacola and they had a cheapo plastic kit for $7 that worked like a charm! I only broke one clip and that was on the install where I forced the issue on the first one until mastering the technique. I have 7 new spares as I reused the old clips that remained in usable condition.

The liner looks great and matches the interior of the trunk perfectly! I'll attempt to post a picture or two when I upload from my iPhone. Good acquisition luck to those of you still actively searching for this accessory!

deck lid

i see where there are five , by one seller, on ebay

Woops he is down to three, ebay item number 400204184514..$135.99

OH NO......just had a second deck liner show up; apparently the back ordered item never got canceled when another supplier was located! Now I guess I have to get a second XLR. "RATS"

Anyone know if there is a low mileage 09 Black Cherry V available out there somewhere? I have a deck lid liner that needs a home....

Any help appreciated!

Steve

OH NO......just had a second deck liner show up........."

Anyone know if there is a low mileage 09 Black Cherry V available out there somewhere? I have a deck lid liner that needs a home....

Any help appreciated!

Steve

Good luck on that one Q-T, they only made 9 Black Cherry V's in 2009 :bash:

Looks like I need to bring my trim tools on the trip! :lol::lol:

All is not lost if you bring the extra deck liner to BG I will buy it from you.

They only made one of the Black Cherry V's with the two tone interior, that I have been looking for!:(:(

Good luck on that one Q-T, they only made 9 Black Cherry V's in 2009 :bash:

All is not lost if you bring the extra deck liner to BG I will buy it from you.

It is this kind of disappointingly practical solution that will limit me to only
one (1) XLR in my garage and also keep me from quickly becoming unmarried.

I will have the liner with me in BG and it is yours unless someone can introduce me to my second XLR; which introduction my spouse insists will not happen in my current lifetime

Can not wait to see everyone in Ky!

Steve

It's really difficult to get the retainers out without breaking them if you don't have a trim removal tool. You can try it by moving around the retainers prying with a screwdriver very carefully, but they do take some effort to get them out; hence, the reason the liner came with new clips. If you have a Harbor Freight close by, they have trim removal tools at a really good price.

I used a very very small flat head screwdriver to do mine and was very very slow about it. No clips broke and it came out just fine.

I used a very very small flat head screwdriver to do mine and was very very slow about it. No clips broke and it came out just fine.

Glad it worked out. I installed Madmac's here in Bowling Green yesterday in a matter of about 5 minutes.

Anyone interested in purchasing one of these decklid liners.

I put in a order a few weeks ago and received one last week and installed it.

Then yesterday I received another one ...they duplicated my order.

I paid $130 for the liner plus shipping.

Instead of sending it back i am willing to help a member obtain one for the cost of the liner...i will ship it free.

will hold for a few days before returning it to the supplier.

Anyone interested in purchasing one of these decklid liners.

I put in a order a few weeks ago and received one last week and installed it.

Then yesterday I received another one ...they duplicated my order.

I paid $130 for the liner plus shipping.

Instead of sending it back i am willing to help a member obtain one for the cost of the liner...i will ship it free.

will hold for a few days before returning it to the supplier.

Just sent you a PM...

will send out tomorrow...getting ready to go golfing.

i know i have your address from the chrome grill but please send again.

XLR Deck Lid Liner

I ordered one of the deck lid liners some time back from gmpartsdirect.com. They accepted the order, but then later informed me that the item was backordered. Eventually they sent me an email informing me that the order was cancelled.

I saw in this thread that someone had purchased one from a seller on eBay and received it. I kept checking eBay and just recently, a seller (I think it is the same one) had the deck lid liner listed. I purchased one and paid for it. They took a few days to ship, but it arrived today.

I noticed that the seller has the liner listed again, stating that 2 are available. Here is the link. (If this is a violation of rules here, please remove the link, moderator).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380356341661

I will post a photo after I have installed my new liner.

I ordered one of the deck lid liners some time back from gmpartsdirect.com. They accepted the order, but then later informed me that the item was backordered. Eventually they sent me an email informing me that the order was cancelled.

I saw in this thread that someone had purchased one from a seller on eBay and received it. I kept checking eBay and just recently, a seller (I think it is the same one) had the deck lid liner listed. I purchased one and paid for it. They took a few days to ship, but it arrived today.

I noticed that the seller has the liner listed again, stating that 2 are available. Here is the link. (If this is a violation of rules here, please remove the link, moderator).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380356341661

I will post a photo after I have installed my new liner.

The Ebay item listed says it is only compatible for 2007-2009. I am assuming it is good for your 2005 as well? I'm sure there isn't a difference between the years - unless the color is different. :dunno: Let us know when it arrives.

I ordered from the same guy on eBay and it fit my 06 without any trouble. Five minute install!

I went through the whole thing with GMpartsdirect also. Orderd mine through e bay this morning and already have a tracking # Thank you for posting the e bay info. TED

Decklid liner

I installed the new Decklid liner this afternoon.

Here is a picture with the factory liner :

MVC-004F.jpg

And here is the new liner :

MVC-005F.jpg

And here is a close-up :

MVC-006F.jpg

5 minute job, that's all it takes (after weeks of trying to get one) :pat:

Hey guys.....any idea where I can buy the trim removal tool? I tried one from PepBoys and it was too large for the retainer clips.

Attempted to remove them using a small flathead screwdriver, and I broke 3 of the clips....was slow and careful, but they were extremely brittle. Anyone know the part # to buy replacement clips?

Thanks!!!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back