Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR driving music

Madmac

Seasoned Member
How about a thread on what type of music would we hear coming from the speakers of your X????

How about a thread on what type of music would we hear coming from the speakers of your X????

Who's driving?

Ray = 50's (surprise-surprise!)
Me = Rod, Elvis, Neil, light classical, classic rock, country, show tunes .... ummm, how long am I driving???? :laugh:

Who's driving?

Ray = 50's (surprise-surprise!)
Me = Rod, Elvis, Neil, light classical, classic rock, country, show tunes .... ummm, how long am I driving???? :laugh:

:chuckle Ruth Ann, you are too funny!

I listen to all kinds of music ... Kiss, Glee Soundtrack, Oldies, Country. But tonight, on the way home, I put in my first Christmas CD ... nope, don't listen to a lot in the XLR - its usually put away by that time. :lol:

Depends on who's driving... most of the time it's me of course, listening to classic rock (with Cindy turning the volume down and me turning it back up:chuckle:chuckle). If Cindy's behind the wheel (not very often, BTW), it's usually country.

I, too, listen to all kinds of music: Classical, R&B, New Age, Jazz, Country, Salsa, Reggae, you name it. This is one of the reasons I can't wait to get my CarPC in this car! My CarPC has all my music, videos, pictures, etc on it. I have over 300 albums plus >25,000 singles cataloged and indexed by title, artist, genre, and mood, i.e., with just a few clicks of the mouse I can choose "Romance" and Barry White starts crooning a ballad with 500 more love songs shuffled into the active playlist. XM Radio and 6 CDs is killing me!:spin:

When I roadtrip I always end the journey with "LeAnn Rimes - Nothing Better To Do" to re-energize me for the fun at the destination. :blue:

I will admit that once I'm sufficiently far from home, I will scan the local FM radio stations into the CarPC and listen to local radio as much as possible (you'd be amazed how much music is region specific and I tend to record a half dozen songs I like that are never heard of in my area). :twist:

I would be remiss if I didn't let "5AM" bring her CD collection of Old School Soul and R&B from the 50's to the 80's, but I draw the line at the "Jackson 5 Christmas Album" - I'll get out and walk first. :naughty:

.....I would be remiss if I didn't let "5AM" bring her CD collection of Old School Soul and R&B from the 50's to the 80's, but I draw the line at the "Jackson 5 Christmas Album" - I'll get out and walk first. :naughty:

:laugh::laugh:

You're funny -

Does your brain ever rest???? ;)

I need some of your energy.

BTW, when you take that walk ... I'll go with you .... :lol:

It would be easier to list music that does not get played.
Disco, Rap

Same here ... the NOT listen to list is much smaller ... I'll put in a Bee Gees Greatest hits CD every once in a while even (I really like their early stuff).
:rocker:

Same here ... the NOT listen to list is much smaller ... I'll put in a Bee Gees Greatest hits CD every once in a while even (I really like their early stuff).
:rocker:

Love Jive Talkin. I never get to listen to my music in the XLR, Cubby never lets me drive. :(

Currently in the changer -

1) Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster
2) Frank Sinatra and the Dorsey Band
3) Linkin' Park - Minutes to Midnight
4) Jason Mraz - We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things
5) Madame Butterfly Highlights - Freni and Pavarotti
6) Beach House - Teen Dream

Looks like a really weird mix when I write it down :)

Racingintherain

Currently in the changer -

1) Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster
2) Frank Sinatra and the Dorsey Band
3) Linkin' Park - Minutes to Midnight
4) Jason Mraz - We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things
5) Madame Butterfly Highlights - Freni and Pavarotti
6) Beach House - Teen Dream

Looks like a really weird mix when I write it down :)

Racingintherain

I like Lady Gaga. You do have a wide range there.

Sounds like you are the one who stole my CD's. :laugh::laugh:

You & I could ride together anytime--As look as you like some AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Eric Clapton, John Hiatt, Beatles and Led Zepplin thrown in there as well.

Since I burn my own discs, I have a real mix in the changer.
Dobbie Brothers, Sheryl Crow, Crosby Stills Nash & Young, ZZ Top, Bob Marley, Jimmy Buffett, Beatles,Stones, Cake, Sammy Hagar, Commander Cody, the other Niel, Neil Young, Lynard Skynard.

There is just enough there is cover my constant mood swings.:chuckle

Oldies, MoTown, nothing current because I guess I haven't heard it....but when the tops down, Meatloaf......or Toby Keith.....go figure.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom