Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR Gathering in Colorado 2010

Yes. Due to scheduling and finances this year, it was too difficult for me to attend. I definitely want to attend next year.

That is great news. I hope we get to meet you in person in Colorado. Thanks for all of the info. You and First Robin are a big help with the planning. We will have to spread the word to the Corvette owners to come join us...the more the merrier!

Bruce :)

Verrry nice input .... thanks everyone ..... it's been a great thread read this morning .... makes me want to know even more .... I like the fire station idea a lot. :patriot: What exactly did the Corvette Club do when they were there? Was it organized .... or just sort of a show up and choose your poison? Again .... so many places and things to do ... and so little time? That's the other thing ..... month and date. Since holidays are usually a big deal in most families ... we wouldn't be able to travel over the July 4th :patriot: weekend (reunion) ... our vote would still be end of May or June.
Any other thoughts on that?

Verrry nice input .... thanks everyone ..... it's been a great thread read this morning .... makes me want to know even more .... I like the fire station idea a lot. :patriot: What exactly did the Corvette Club do when they were there? Was it organized .... or just sort of a show up and choose your poison? Again .... so many places and things to do ... and so little time? That's the other thing ..... month and date. Since holidays are usually a big deal in most families ... we wouldn't be able to travel over the July 4th :patriot: weekend (reunion) ... our vote would still be end of May or June.

May or June would be my choice as of right now. I have been told that the middle of June is really nice weather. I still like that week before Memorial Day.

Bruce :patriot:

OOOOHHH My I will need to shop for coats then!:rocker:

Today we have sunshine at last. This has been an unusual spring, lots of rain and yet last night the weatherman said we have still not reached our normal amount for this time of year. It is supposed to rain this afternoon so I need to get to the post office before the rain starts up again. Whatever the month you will need jackets for evening and nights as it does get cold and the resturants keep the A/C set way too cold.

If one of the events required pre-registration, we had you register for that in the registration form - otherwise, the rest of the events were come as you go. Here's the link to the agenda that we used:

http://corvetteactioncenter.com/events/cruisefest07/agenda.html

I believe May or June would be good for Cubby and I.

If one of the events required pre-registration, we had you register for that in the registration form - otherwise, the rest of the events were come as you go. Here's the link to the agenda that we used:

Oh my! How fun that trip had to be! Truly so much to do and so little time. But I liked the way it was planned to do a lot of :party.... I think that Toad place sounds like a lot of fun! Looks like all the bases were covered too ...
Can "Lola" come to your next one?? :squint: :lol:

WOW, very well done. There was something for everyone. It looks like we could pretty much copy that agenda for our event. I would like to get in touch with the people who put most of it together. Thanks.

Bruce :wave:

ce sounds like a lot of fun! Looks like all the bases were covered too ...
Can "Lola" come to your next one?? :squint: :lol:

Of course. We normally have our CruiseFest event every year. Unfortunately, we canceled it this year due to the state of the economy and because the BG Plant was going to be closed when we were there.

We haven't discussed where we were going to have CF for next year, so maybe Colorado could be a possibility and maybe we could combine the events. :dunno:

Of course. We normally have our CruiseFest event every year. Unfortunately, we canceled it this year due to the state of the economy and because the BG Plant was going to be closed when we were there.

We haven't discussed where we were going to have CF for next year, so maybe Colorado could be a possibility and maybe we could combine the events. :dunno:
That would be nice. Do you think they would be up for this group? :dunno:I know when we had Corvettes and XLRs at the Biltmore trip, it was really nice. Everyone got along wonderfully. The more the merrier. :blinzel:

George stopped in today and we were talking about the Colorado trip, and we think our caravan would head for Colorado on Saturday morning so we could arrive in Colorado Springs Sunday evening. With all there is to see and do the extra day/days would help.

It looks like we will have to start another MM caravan thread.:)

That would be nice. Do you think they would be up for this group? :dunno:I know when we had Corvettes and XLRs at the Biltmore trip, it was really nice. Everyone got along wonderfully. The more the merrier. :blinzel:
Honestly, I think they would. Our members at the Corvette Action Center tend to be an older, more mature crowd, that at the end of the day, do like to hang out together, party and talk cars.

I can also tell you that out of all the CruiseFests we've had, the one in Colorado Springs was the best. The roads and scenery out there almost seem like they were made for sports cars. A Corvette or XLR would definitely feel at home out there.

But, I'm going to leave all of this up to you guys that are spearheading the Rendezvous events. If you'd like to try and combine the two events into once central Corvette - XLR event, that's fine. If you'd prefer to keep the events separate, that's fine too.

Supa Freak may have her own Corvette by then. Her and Phil D. Cooler can ride in the Corvette.:lol:

Supa Freak may have her own Corvette by then. Her and Phil D. Cooler can ride in the Corvette.:lol:

I've been working on it. Phil D. Cooler and I do need a Corvette. ;)

I hate to admit it, but I've never driven my Vette to any of our CruiseFests. I will say this though, I was royally kicking myself in the butt for not having my Vette with me in Colorado.

That 6-cylinder Dodge Charger I rented just didn't feel the same. :chuckle

Honestly, I think they would. Our members at the Corvette Action Center tend to be an older, more mature crowd, that at the end of the day, do like to hang out together, party and talk cars.

I can also tell you that out of all the CruiseFests we've had, the one in Colorado Springs was the best. The roads and scenery out there almost seem like they were made for sports cars. A Corvette or XLR would definitely feel at home out there.

But, I'm going to leave all of this up to you guys that are spearheading the Rendezvous events. If you'd like to try and combine the two events into once central Corvette - XLR event, that's fine. If you'd prefer to keep the events separate, that's fine too.

It might be fun to combine both of them. Like Supa Freak said, it worked out great in Asheville,NC. It appears that as long as there is cold beer, people are happy...at least our group.

It might be fun to combine both of them. Like Supa Freak said, it worked out great in Asheville,NC. It appears that as long as there is cold beer, people are happy...at least our group.
There's cold beer and blenders for mixed drinks. :blinzel:

I hate to admit it, but I've never driven my Vette to any of our CruiseFests. I will say this though, I was royally kicking myself in the butt for not having my Vette with me in Colorado.

That 6-cylinder Dodge Charger I rented just didn't feel the same. :chuckle

That is a sad story. An awesome ZR-1 setting at home and your driving those great roads in a Charger.:pat:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom