Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR Gathering in Colorado 2010

I'm not sure that it is still in business... First Robin would know. See post #20 of this thread.

I'm a member of both forums.

I know on the RV thread we talked about the Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs (SP). But I don't think everyone would like shelling out the +$200 a night to stay there as reported in RV thread. I suggest this place:

http://embassysuites1.hilton.com/en...ssy-Suites-Colorado-Springs-Colorado/index.do

I went as far out in the book page as I could for a 2010 date. A June 6, 2010 check out date. The prices were: $109/night and if paid in advance, $99/night. These Embassy Suites have a free breakfast every morning, and a Evening Manager's reception for about two hours which is (get this!) free drinks! That's why I've always like Embassy Suites! No need to find a place to have breakfast in the mornings. And the web site says free parking.

Just passing along an ideal and my $.02 worth.

Looks really nice .... and offers a cooked-to-order breakfast in the morning and drinks at night ... they're going to clean my room, feed me and ply me with liquor??? Where is the profit for them in that? :willy_nilly:

That will end up costing them big time with Supa Freak and I--We'll make out like bandits:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Looks really nice .... and offers a cooked-to-order breakfast in the morning and drinks at night ... they're going to clean my room, feed me and ply me with liquor??? Where is the profit for them in that? :willy_nilly:

I know the Marriott is where my Marc will want because he has "Points"! So we will take a look at that here in July and get some rates unless someone beats us to it. But both sound perfect!
Thanks for the info.
MB:rocker:

Just spoke with Trevor at Embassy Suites, it is very close to the Interstate. He told me if it is a large group it will be a lot less than the $109.00 per night and we need to talk to Sales to get the best rate. There computer will not go any further out than a year so for June of next year we need to talk to them in July. I imagine Sales could still give us rates sooner. This is in Rockrimmon, my ex lives in Rockrimmon in a Condo. There is also a Marriott that is south of there and further off the Interstate, still in Rockrimmon. Attended the Red Ribbon Ball there last year, this year it was at the Broadmoor. Might want to check out their rates and see if they serve breakfast and have a happy hour. It is close to HP and probably has the corporate crowds.

I'm liking the classy Lassie name! I may have to get like SF and have more than one name. And retiring there would be wonderful, I love it there!!
MB:)
You should come and buy one of the 4 Townhomes for sale in my small community now while prices are good for this area. You could always rent it out until you are ready to retire. Only 25 homes in here, heated pool and gated. Monthly dues $106. Need more info, pm me. Would love to have you and the classy lassie as a neighbor.

Looks like a good place Chad. Good job doing the research!!

I know on the RV thread we talked about the Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs (SP). But I don't think everyone would like shelling out the +$200 a night to stay there as reported in RV thread. I suggest this place:

http://embassysuites1.hilton.com/en...ssy-Suites-Colorado-Springs-Colorado/index.do

I went as far out in the book page as I could for a 2010 date. A June 6, 2010 check out date. The prices were: $109/night and if paid in advance, $99/night. These Embassy Suites have a free breakfast every morning, and a Evening Manager's reception for about two hours which is (get this!) free drinks! That's why I've always like Embassy Suites! No need to find a place to have breakfast in the mornings. And the web site says free parking.

It looks great,Thanks Chad. First Robin, is this a good location for our group?

I will take a drive up there this week and check it out, I know it is very close to I 25 and may have a lot of traffic noise. Woodman Road is also heavly traveled. I am sure the free breakfast and free drinks sounds good to the majority. The Marriott does not seem to give free breakfast or drinks. The price certainly sounds good at the Embassy Suites, I am surprised they are so low so maybe I need to see the rooms also. I personally would rather be in Old Colorado City or Manitou Springs if I was making it my destination vacation. The "Business Motel/Hotels" are more like asphalt jungles than vacation resorts in my opinion but that probably comes from my desires to do back roads, better scenery, better food, get to meet real people. That is the way I travel Europe, I try to avoid hustle and bustle and enjoy the surroundings and people. I am planning to make a run to Salida today so tomorrow I will buzz around and check out lodgings, keeping in mind cost and safe surroundings. I know everyone enjoyed doing the Riverwalk and another reason to check out Old Colorado City and Manitou Springs, you can leave the car parked and walk to see the sights or eat and drink where you can not do that at a Business Class Hotel/Motel.

Thanks for checking into all of this for us. I like the idea of staying in Old Colorado City or Manitou Springs as well. Maybe you will find something there that will work for us. It is great having someone who knows the area,thanks.

Hi, everyone,
My name is Patrick, and Rob suggested I join over here and introduce myself. I was one of the planners for the CAC's CruiseFest in Colorado Springs in 2007, and I think there's some definate interest in planning a joint XLR/Corvette event next summer if you're interested.

There is one downside: the hotel we used in 2007 (the Silverwood) is no longer available to us. It was purchased and converted into a religious retreat center a couple of years ago. It's a shame, really, because that place was perfectly located right off I-25 at Garden of the Gods Road. (We tried to find a place fairly close to I-25 to facilitate all the day trips we took.)

So, if there's real interest in a Colorado Springs joint XLR/Corvette event, chime in and let me know!

-Patrick

Hi, everyone,
My name is Patrick, and Rob suggested I join over here and introduce myself. I was one of the planners for the CAC's CruiseFest in Colorado Springs in 2007, and I think there's some definate interest in planning a joint XLR/Corvette event next summer if you're interested.

There is one downside: the hotel we used in 2007 (the Silverwood) is no longer available to us. It was purchased and converted into a religious retreat center a couple of years ago. It's a shame, really, because that place was perfectly located right off I-25 at Garden of the Gods Road. (We tried to find a place fairly close to I-25 to facilitate all the day trips we took.)

So, if there's real interest in a Colorado Springs joint XLR/Corvette event, chime in and let me know!

-Patrick
Here is your third chime. First, welcome Patrick. I hope you can get a few more of you guys over here with us. I think a combo event is excellent. We were also on the Ashville trip and had a great time with the two groups. I hope the Corvette owners will be just as interested in a combo trip as we are.
In short you have my vote of yes. Love it.:rocker:

They both sound great! Castle rooms! Wow I could do some Bling Angel things there. :worship::lol:

I went to Manitou Springs this morning rather than driving to Salida and I found a few place I think would be great for the Colorado Gathering. The one that is walking distance to all the right downtown shops and resturants is very reasonable in price, has a swimming pool and continental breakfast. Their website is:www.villamotel.com and is approved by AAA and AARP with Discounts Available. Another place that would be absolutely out of this world is gleneyrie.org where standard rooms are $75 and the Castle rooms are $95. This place is in The Garden of The Gods and the surroundings are our of this world. Manitou and Garden of The Gods is right there for easy access to Pikes Peak and the drive to Salida and the Winery. Also easy to get to the Royal Gorge.

I should have gone to the website first, I was out to Gleneyrie just a few months ago. It is worth the drive through it is so beautiful. What I didn't know, it has been turned into a christian retreat so I don't know if they would let us in since we are such hell raisers.
We could just surprise them. :chuckle

Hi, everyone,

-Patrick

Welcome Patrick. It's great to have you join us. You will find some really great people here that like to get together and enjoy their cars and each other's company.:party

You did a wonderful job on the CAC '07 event. From the pictures, it looks like everyone a lot of fun. It would be nice to have some Corvettes join us in Colorado. Many of the members have or have had a Corvette(that would include Kathy and I). I look forward to your involvement.

Bruce :wave:

Everyone,
Thanks for the welcomes and all the chimes! It sounds like we may have a workable idea here. :)

First Robin, I got your PM and I'll respond in a little bit. When we did CruiseFest 2007, we operated with a core group of folks that did a lot of the planning, and two of them are down in the Springs (I'm actually up in Parker). I think it might be a good idea if we met compared notes.

-Patrick

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back