Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR Gathering in Colorado 2010

I want to purchase from Bruce and Kathy another metal "ornament" .... mine never made it home ... :pat: and I am so sad. If you've still got one left, let me know and the check will be in the mail .... Thank you

We will get one out to you ASAP.:wave:

Wondering... would it be possible to post pics for those of us that weren't able to go to CS?

get-attachment.aspx

ornament

15' mounted piece

The wall unit is just like the ornament but it's 15" wide

Thank's Bruce ... I'm glad there was at least one left ... I didn't expect there would be any .... they are a unique momento of a truly unique automobile. Well done, and thank you for pursuing the idea. Ray is going to slot a small block of maple for me and I am going to use it on my desk as a sort of paperweight thing. :blinzel:

WHO was drinking???? You know I'm dead-set against that. :silly:

Thank's Bruce ... I'm glad there was at least one left ... I didn't expect there would be any .... they are a unique momento of a truly unique automobile. Well done, and thank you for pursuing the idea. Ray is going to slot a small block of maple for me and I am going to use it on my desk as a sort of paperweight thing. :blinzel:

WHO was drinking???? You know I'm dead-set against that. :silly:

I'm glad you like them, I thought they turned really well. Quinn's design is awesome.
I can get more made if needed, but I will need to know soon.

Made it home today (wednesday) about 5;30. Yeaaaa!!! It's great to be home!! The train in Durango was awesome! If you ever go back to CO. you got to drive the road from Durango to Montrose, highway 550, especially the section between Durango and Ridgeway. Hairpin "S" curves, narrow road sections, loonngg ways down the side of the mountain,,, when the signs said 15MPH for the curve, even I slowed down for those!!!!!! It was a lot like Skyline Drive, but suppose to be two lanes. Great all around trip, we had a blast!!! Thanks everyone!!

Chad & Rogene

Glad you enjoyed the trainride. that is a good one. 550 is even better on a fast bike!:rocker:

My x-ladyfriend Judi has a sister whom lives in Grand Junction, CO. and last year we took Judi's 08 Pontiac Soltice GXP up there to visit with her.

Then we drove down to Durango and rode the Durango to Silverton train. Except for all the soot from the steam engine, it was a very nice ride and the scenary was fantastic!

That little Pontiac Soltice with the GXP package is a really good twisty road and hill car but kinda cramped for my taste and it didn't get any better gas mileage than my XLR, and it only has a Turbo 4 cylinder engine. It was kinda hard getting in and out of with the top up too.
Jack

550 is even better on a fast bike!:rocker:

:jaw: After driving that road in a car,,,,, A bike???? That sounds crazy!!! Sky line Dr didn't bother me as much as that road did!

Chad

Well twice for me ... but after the first time I said I'd never do it again ... there WILL BE NO 3rd time .... insanely beautiful, but since I'm prone to being car-sick .... It's beyond me how that road was even constucted, the engineer must have been drunk. :D I once heard that Oprah Winfrey has a house in that area .... she must use a heliocopter to get in and out ... I don't think a limo would fit around some (most) of those hair-pin turns.

Well twice for me ... but after the first time I said I'd never do it again ... there WILL BE NO 3rd time .... insanely beautiful, but since I'm prone to being car-sick .... It's beyond me how that road was even constucted, the engineer must have been drunk. :D I once heard that Oprah Winfrey has a house in that area .... she must use a heliocopter to get in and out ... I don't think a limo would fit around some (most) of those hair-pin turns.

I wouldn't mind driving it again... next time in an XLR!!!

After 6 States (MT, Wy,CO,OG,UT, Washington) one Province (British Columbia) and 4,100 miles we are home safe and sound. When I get a chance to catch my breath I will get Thirsty :beerchug::beerchug: signed up and thank everyone properly.

Glad you made it home safe... it was GREAT meeting you on your way through!!!

After 6 States (MT, Wy,CO,OG,UT, Washington) one Province (British Columbia) and 4,100 miles we are home safe and sound. When I get a chance to catch my breath I will get Thirsty :beerchug::beerchug: signed up and thank everyone properly.

It's good to hear that you made it home safely. We sure enjoyed spending time with you both, you guys fit in great with the group. June was a lot of fun. You Canadians really know how to party.:rocker:

Music CD by George

I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU GEORGE for the CD you made for us to play while cruising around Colorado. That was very nice of you and I am really enjoying it. Thanks again so much.:):):)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom