Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Raven Black XLR-V

Default Puddles of Coolant

I'd been seeing a few small puddles of coolant for the last few weeks and saw the low coolant warning light on Sunday. After a recent cross-town trip, I reminded myself to check under the hood and encountered the smell of warm coolant! A trip to the dealer confirmed the most expensive of several possibilities-a bad water pump! The part was in-stock but I also asked them to replace the serpentine belt as long as they were in there. The 'V' is getting close to 80k so the repairs were not completely unexpected. Also had to get a new drivers door latch actuator; not much fun to drive if you have to use the passenger door to enter and the emergency release to exit! Repairs finished in 24 hours! It's good to have a reliable and trusted dealership to work with!
    Last edited by Mark0polo; 10-24-2018 at 03:17 PM. Reason: bad grammar, poor sentence construction
    The world is run by those who show up!

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 XLR-V RII'07 RIII'08 SA'09 CO'10 NCSC'11 PA'12 BG'13 MT'14 VBOBX'15

Quote Originally Posted by Mark0polo View Post
    It's good to have a reliable and trusted dealership to work with!
    Hey Mark!! What dealer do you go to? I've used Huber.

Chad (in Lincoln, GO BIG RED)

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Raven Black XLR-V

Default Council Bluffs

Chad,
    Iíve used my Council Bluffs Cadillac dealer for outstanding service for over 5 years now-Edwards Cadillac. They have a couple of good techs there. Huber is reported to be a good option too!
    The world is run by those who show up!