Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR brick @ the NCM

Which phrase would you like to have on the XLR group brick?

• None of the above

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Performance & Style...Built in Bowling Green '04-'09

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cubby .... Very nice work ... for sure I am no designer, but I'd like to put this out, and open it up for some needed improvement .... it would nice to see the production dates ... and if anyone knew exactly how many more produced, maybe that added underneath the dates ... It would be nice to see the emphasis on the XLR model too .... Your thoughts?????

View attachment 1432

I love the design, but one thing mentioned at Bloomington Gold was that maybe we could add the V Logo in there too? It would be great to incorperate that logo into the brick because the V was a big thing for the XLR's. It is just a suggestion.

Are we all submitting designs? This would be mine:

The Cadillac Crest is a must, and must match the one on our cars. The silhouette faces right symbolizing moving forward. The car name must match the lettering on the vehicle for authenticity. I personally love the ad slogan popularized by Kate Walsh in a 2008 CTS commercial and it epitomizes the shift in focus for Cadillac from Luxury to Luxury Performance. I'm not really liking the bottom line, it reminds me of a headstone and I don't want visitors to see it and think the XLR Brand is dead, but it kinda works.

Cubby .... Very nice work ... for sure I am no designer, but I'd like to put this out, and open it up for some needed improvement .... it would nice to see the production dates ... and if anyone knew exactly how many more produced, maybe that added underneath the dates ... It would be nice to see the emphasis on the XLR model too .... Your thoughts?????

View attachment 1432

I just showed the design to my dad and he thinks it would seem more accurate if we used the updated crest. When he saw the dates though, it kind of made him think we were making a tomb stone. And maybe use the correct block font for the XLR that the car has? To put the V logo in, maybe add it on the opposite side of the Crest, in the bottom right hand corner.

Are we all submitting designs? This would be mine:

I like this very much ... I like the 'return the favor' quote better than the 'born in' thing ... mostly because it was the slogan that Cadillac used during the XLR production time. Good thinking. I'd drop that down under the car and get rid of the other one. Make the quote smaller and use quote marks and italics ....

I like lilxlr... V idea .... maybe that could be right under the quote or something .... he does have a point.

Does anyone beside ME have an opinion???? :blinzel:

I just showed the design to my dad and he thinks it would seem more accurate if we used the updated crest. When he saw the dates though, it kind of made him think we were making a tomb stone. And maybe use the correct block font for the XLR that the car has? To put the V logo in, maybe add it on the opposite side of the Crest, in the bottom right hand corner.

I'd take my design out of the running now ...
I like the dates .... in 30 years people will be asking 'when did they make that car?' ..... that's why I'd like to see the production numbers under it. Also .... it is kind of a tombstone .... it not only was born in BG, it died there too ..:squint::lol:

I loke your V idea very much.

I don't know if we could do it in black, so I kind of like the other design a little bit more. I like the quote, but my dad noted we would have to make sure that it is not copyrighted. I actually like both quotes.

I don't know if we could do it in black, so I kind of like the other design a little bit more. I like the quote, but my dad noted we would have to make sure that it is not copyrighted. I actually like both quotes.

I used black background for maximum contrast. I'm sure the stone will be a natural color with the text and symbols etched in the stone.

Its all copyrighted (Cadillac script, silhouette, slogan, crest, etc), so we'll have to get a release from GM somehow. Maybe at the Homecoming we can make a few contacts.

Per your suggestions:

some GREAT ideas! I like them all. Obviously we ALL have to agree on the design, so lets not over complicate it.

I really like Kevin's design, with just a couple of additions (as Gizmo noted) - XLR logo, current Crest/Wreath and the V Series logo. The dates don't matter to me (I'm fine with or without).

Keep the ideas coming, everyone... this is OUR brick! :cool:

... and lets keep the PLEDGING going - we're a long ways away from $2,600. :rocker:

If your son saw a brick for a Deloreon, wouldn''t his first question be 'when did they make that car'? But again ... JMHO

If your son saw a brick for a Deloreon, wouldn''t his first question be 'when did they make that car'? But again ... JMHO

Nope, my first question would be, "Isn't that the car from Back to the Future?"

my 2 cents worth

My first thought: When you get all of the suggestions together perhaps you can do an online survey on Survey Monkey (its free) for everyone to answer: basically we (everyone who donates) can all vote on the suggestions to diplomatically decide on the final design and inclusions.

For my two cents:
I have a few suggestions for what I think would give it better balance. I think the wreath should be quite a bit larger, top left, then on the right side Cadillac (script) and below that the XLR (correct font style) The silhouette as is, that’s great, the full width of the brick but moved down towards the bottom.
Below that:
Instead of the "Born in Bowling Green" (brings up the whole born/dead - thing) How about "Built with Pride, here in Bowling Green" or just 'Built with Pride in Bowling Green' and I like the idea of the build years. (most non-XLR people don't know the years)

Having said that, I have always loved the "When you turn your car on, does it return the favour" slogan but I think the Bowling Green connection is more important.

As for the V logo, the V is just a option package (I can see all the V owners ready to bop me :bash: ) as was the Platinum package previous to 2009. Yes the V is a very important model but the V is not exclusive to the XLR. This brick is about the XLR and not how it is dressed. Again, the V is an important model and the survey can decide if it should be included. Maybe some of these things should be on side bricks? but that is more money.....

Perhaps that was 5 cents worth!:lol:

Believe it or not, I don't think the silhouette is copyrighted. I don't think we will have a problem doing any of it. We are not doing it to sell, it will basically be a monument.

Its all copyrighted (Cadillac script, silhouette, slogan, crest, etc), so we'll have to get a release from GM somehow. Maybe at the Homecoming we can make a few contacts.

Per your suggestions:

My first thought: When you get all of the suggestions together perhaps you can do an online survey on Survey Monkey (its free) for everyone to answer: basically we (everyone who donates) can all vote on the suggestions to diplomatically decide on the final design and inclusions.

For my two cents:
I have a few suggestions for what I think would give it better balance. I think the wreath should be quite a bit larger, top left, then on the right side Cadillac (script) and below that the XLR (correct font style) The silhouette as is, that’s great, the full width of the brick but moved down towards the bottom.
Below that:
Instead of the "Born in Bowling Green" (brings up the whole born/dead - thing) How about "Built with Pride, here in Bowling Green" or just 'Built with Pride in Bowling Green' and I like the idea of the build years. (most non-XLR people don't know the years)

Having said that, I have always loved the "When you turn your car on, does it return the favour" slogan but I think the Bowling Green connection is more important.

As for the V logo, the V is just a option package (I can see all the V owners ready to bop me :bash: ) as was the Platinum package previous to 2009. Yes the V is a very important model but the V is not exclusive to the XLR. This brick is about the XLR and not how it is dressed. Again, the V is an important model and the survey can decide if it should be included. Maybe some of these things should be on side bricks? but that is more money.....

Perhaps that was 5 cents worth!:lol:

GratToad's version:

I kinda agree with Graytoad on the V not being necessary (and I own one ;)). This is looking pretty good, but I don't have a monochrome Crest in the new style. Everyone says I'm using the wrong Font for the XLR. Maybe not perfect but its damn close.

GratToad's version:

I kinda agree with Graytoad on the V not being necessary (and I own one ;)). This is looking pretty good, but I don't have a monochrome Crest in the new style. Everyone says I'm using the wrong Font for the XLR. Maybe not perfect but its damn close.

I'm liking this version... and I agree that the V is not necessary. Like Graytoad said in an earlier post... "This brick is about the XLR and not how it is dressed.

fonts etc

Yes, the font you have seems bang on Gizmo but that is all a moot point. The company that is creating these for them will have a huge library of corporate logos and will have the correct Cadillac script, crest/wreath, and XLR font/graphic.

All we will need to do is get permission to use it, or as already mentioned, since we are not reproducing to sell, we may not need that even but it is best to ask. As long as the correct unaltered logo's are used I am sure GM would have no problem with us paying homage :worship: to their creation!

I am leaning toward Sandy and Gizmo on the V logo - I think if any V owners want to add a small brick connected to the 24" brick, then a V logo would be very appropriate - I think that would be very cool too.

I kind of like this design of Gizmo's (but with the "Built with Pride in Bowling Green" under the silhouette) - and without the V logo (maybe center the Crest below)... then it doesn't look too "busy" above the silhouette. I really like how Cubby's design was just so basic... we should try to stay as close to that as possible.

Nice work everyone! Now lets get more donations! :rocket:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back