Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR brick @ the NCM

Which phrase would you like to have on the XLR group brick?

• None of the above

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Performance & Style...Built in Bowling Green '04-'09

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
samples

Here are a few pictures of other 24x24 bricks @ The NCM.

IMG_7128.jpg

IMG_7125.jpg

IMG_7130.jpg

IMG_7131.jpg

IMG_7120.jpg

IMG_7121.jpg

IMG_7135.jpg

Too bad it couldn't be tied to the 10th anniversary, but I'm sure no one wants to wait that long!

Amy

Too bad it couldn't be tied to the 10th anniversary, but I'm sure no one wants to wait that long!

Amy

I know, Amy, I was thinking the same thing. But what we might be able to do is to dedicate any smaller 4x8 bricks around our 24x24 XLR brick for those we want to remember - such as John "Bloomsman" Conaty (who we just found out, recently passed away :().

Agreed on all counts. Plus it shouldn't take us 3 years to raise the other 1/2 of the cost!

We can visit it on the 10th anniversary! :worship: After looking at some of the older stones I think we should bring along a small container of brick sealant to help protect it from erosion and stains. Don't ask, just do it! :naughty: This may not be a problem any more as it looks like they have changed the stone material but it would protect it from stains etc.

We can visit it on the 10th anniversary! :worship: After looking at some of the older stones I think we should bring along a small container of brick sealant to help protect it from erosion and stains. Don't ask, just do it! :naughty: This may not be a problem any more as it looks like they have changed the stone material but it would protect it from stains etc.

Sandy, you are correct (as always), the newer bricks are from a different supplier and are of better quality.

After seeing the bricks at the museum, we probably don't want the Cadillac script too small, I think it will wear/break apart more rapidly.

As far as which way the car faces - the person that originally designed this logo, had it facing to the left, shouldn't we leave it that way? Just an FYI - the horse on the Mustang logo, faces to the left too.

Just sayin'. :wave:

But I'm fine with whatever the group agrees on. :rocker:

After seeing the XLR smock that Quinn received as a prize at the NCH... with the silhouette facing left, I agree that the silhouette should be facing left.

XLR Recognition Brick Fund being set up

Bruce and I have spoken to Megan Meredith at the Corvette Museum this week and she is going to set up a fund for our brick, right there at the museum. Here are some good points about the fund:

* All donations to the brick are TAX DEDUCTIBLE - the NCM is a non-profit organization. So go ahead and up those pledges. ;)

* You can send money directly to Megan at the National Corvette Museum - directing your money toward the XLR Recognition brick. Please put Megan's name with your check in the memo line and put attention brick services on the envelope when mailing to the NCM.

* Any money donated toward the brick fund must stay with the NCM for a brick. If, by some chance, we cannot raise enought for a 24x24 brick, they can just select a brick that is appropriate with how much we have raised. But I don't think that will be a problem.

* Megan will have Bruce and myself as contact people regarding the brick, if anyone has any questions, feel free to post (Megan has been watching this thread) or feel free to PM Bruce or myself.

* If you so incline, Megan also says we can donate on-line and use a credit card (I will go through that process and update the thread when I have a good understanding of how it works). You can also call into the NCM and ask for Megan directly and she can take your credit card over the phone.

There are many means to donate and you can donate as often as you would like.

Megan did mention a couple of things, that she noticed on the thread:
- The wreath and crest will be difficult to "sandblast" onto the brick - it is very detailed, and small. It would be better to keep the "quality" of the design by keeping in mind, the limitations of the sandblasting technique. The Cadillac script and silhouette should be fine.
-copyright is not an issue. Since this is a donation, and none of us are receiving anything tangible/physical and only acknowledging the group with art, we are fine.

She mentioned that if people will be wanting to put smaller 4x8 bricks next to the XLR brick, then the museum will make sure the larger brick will have enough room for several smaller bricks around it.

I will post when the fund is officially set up (should be early next week).

Megan's contact information:

Megan Meredith
Corvette Blvd Brick Program
350 Corvette Drive
Bowling Green, KY 42101
270.781.7973 ext 136

Checks Payable to: National Corvette Museum

THANK YOU EVERYONE, for your continued support for this endeavor. :worship:

Bruce and I have spoken to Megan Meredith at the Corvette Museum this week and she is going to set up a fund for our brick, right there at the museum. Here are some good points about the fund:

* All donations to the brick are TAX DEDUCTIBLE - the NCM is a non-profit organization. So go ahead and up those pledges. ;)

* You can send money directly to Megan at the National Corvette Museum - directing your money toward the XLR Recognition brick. Please put Megan's name with your check in the memo line and put attention brick services on the envelope when mailing to the NCM.

* Any money donated toward the brick fund must stay with the NCM for a brick. If, by some chance, we cannot raise enought for a 24x24 brick, they can just select a brick that is appropriate with how much we have raised. But I don't think that will be a problem.

* Megan will have Bruce and myself as contact people regarding the brick, if anyone has any questions, feel free to post (Megan has been watching this thread) or feel free to PM Bruce or myself.

* If you so incline, Megan also says we can donate on-line and use a credit card (I will go through that process and update the thread when I have a good understanding of how it works). You can also call into the NCM and ask for Megan directly and she can take your credit card over the phone.

The are many ways to donate and you can donate as often as you would like.

Megan did mention a couple of things, that she noticed on the thread:
- The wreath and crest will be difficult to "sandblast" onto the brick - it is very detailed, and small. It would be better to keep the "quality" of the design by keeping in mind, the limitations of the sandblasting technique. The Cadillac script and silhouette should be fine.
-copyright is not an issue. Since this is a donation, and none of us are receiving anything tangible/physical and only acknowledging the group with art, we are fine.

She mentioned that if people will be wanting to put smaller 4x8 bricks next to the XLR brick, then the museum will make sure the larger brick will have enough room for several smaller bricks around it.

I will post when the fund is officially set up (should be early next week).

Megan's contact information:

Megan Meredith
Corvette Blvd Brick Program
350 Corvette Drive
Bowling Green, KY 42101
270.781.7973 ext 136

THANK YOU EVERYONE, for your continued support for this endeavor. :worship:

FANTASTIC NEWS, DAVE... thanks for taking care of this. I can hardly wait for the fund to get set up..

I brought this thread back up so everyone can see the design that has been mentioned & what some of the other bricks look like. :wave:

Here's a few more thoughts for the brick;

Cadillac Style...Built in Bowling Green

Life, Liberty & the Pursuit

Bowling Green, KY...Home of the XLR

My favorite is still:

"HAND-BUILT IN BOWLING GREEN WITH PRIDE - 2004-2009"

or

"THE ONLY CADILLAC HAND-BUILT IN BOWLING GREEN - WITH PRIDE" 2004-2009

:wave:

Smaller bricks

I spoke with Megan @ the NCM today, & she said that anyone that is wanting one of the smaller 4x8" bricks to put around the larger XLR group brick, can go ahead a place your order. That way they will be ready to install along with the group brick. You can call her to order your brick or place your order online (make sure & let them know it's for the XLR group ).
1-800-53vette or www.corvettemuseum.com

http://store.corvettemuseum.com/detail.aspx?ID=777

Ok this has been dragging on for just over a year. MT Rocket will be here at my house tommorow for a week of mountain driving in British Columbia, and before he leaves I will be giving him $235.00 to donate towards this brick on my behalf. If Daves numbers are correct that should put us within a couple of Benjamin's away. Just don't tell Thirsty 1. Someone south of the 49th might as well get the tax deduction. Time now for someone to put some lead in their pencil and start putting a design together. :laugh:

:worship: {{{{THANK YOU}}}} :worship: Madmac
We are on a roll all most there keep them coming! Thank you all!!....
:rocker: :twist:

OK DAVE TIME TO GET SOME HEADS :grouphug: TOGETHER THINKING ON A PLAN. THIS IS JUST A THOUGHT I HAD AND THAT IS TO COME WITH A COUPLE OF SAMPLE BRICKS DESIGNS/STYLES THAT CAN BE POST ON THE SITE HERE. I ALSO TRUELY BELEIVE THAT SIMPLE AND LESS IS GOING TO BE BETTER. AND THEN WE ALL CAN VOTE AND THE ONE WITH THE MOST VOTES WINS! THIS IS JUST MY OPINION WHAT DOES EVERYONE ELSE THINK? ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE NICE! PLEASE GIVE YOUR INPUTS AS WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER! :grouphug:

Dan :cool:

OK DAVE TIME TO GET SOME HEADS :grouphug: TOGETHER THINKING ON A PLAN. THIS IS JUST A THOUGHT I HAD AND THAT IS TO COME WITH A COUPLE OF SAMPLE BRICKS DESIGNS/STYLES THAT CAN BE POST ON THE SITE HERE. I ALSO TRUELY BELEIVE THAT SIMPLE AND LESS IS GOING TO BE BETTER. AND THEN WE ALL CAN VOTE AND THE ONE WITH THE MOST VOTES WINS! THIS IS JUST MY OPINION WHAT DOES EVERYONE ELSE THINK? ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE NICE! PLEASE GIVE YOUR INPUTS AS WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER! :grouphug:

Dan :cool:

I agree Dan. Bruce and I have been talking. I think most people pretty much agree that the silhouette would be the best design (I also agree with you - simple is going to be better). There has been a lot of discussion on what "quote" we should have on the brick. Bruce is going to come up with a POLL to put on the forum to see what most people like. Once I get through month end at work, I can work on it some more too.

Thanks for all your support, Dan. :rocker:

I agree Dan. Bruce and I have been talking. I think most people pretty much agree that the silhouette would be the best design (I also agree with you - simple is going to be better). There has been a lot of discussion on what "quote" we should have on the brick. Bruce is going to come up with a POLL to put on the forum to see what most people like. Once I get through month end at work, I can work on it some more too.

Thanks for all your support, Dan. :rocker:

There is a poll for this thread @ the top of the page, to vote for the phrase you would like to see on the NCM XLR Group Brick. You can choose more than one phrase or none @ all. If you have some thing you think would work, let me know & I will add it to the poll.

So if we vote NOW and a phrase that we like better comes along .... we cannot change our vote? Or we can? I'd like to see a phrase that includes how many were built ....

What is the cutoff date for voting???

Production Numbers

Here are the production numbers, although in my opinion the brick will become cluttered with too much on it. One thought might be to put the total production number on the brick.

2004==4,387
2005==4,190
2006==4,136
2007==1,505
2008==1,542
2009== 892

Total Production==16,652

So if we vote NOW and a phrase that we like better comes along .... we cannot change our vote? Or we can? I'd like to see a phrase that includes how many were built ....

What is the cutoff date for voting???

Here are the production numbers, although in my opinion the brick will become cluttered with too much on it. One thought might be to put the total production number on the brick.

2004==4,387
2005==4,190
2006==4,136
2007==1,505
2008==1,542
2009== 892

Total Production==16,652

Yes, just total production number .... that's what makes this car especially unique .... so few. Good info, Cubby ... interesting how the stats went down so dramatically in 07.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom