Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

I hope this works! As I said I would tell you all about my weekend after the fact! I am very proud to have received the Queen's Diamond Jubilee Award this weekend.
I am pasting a link to my facebook album I just posted: read the captions, it tells the story!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151137276294197.463266.516479196&type=1&l=4ad5d6e1e6

What a GREAT Honor to have bestowed upon you!!!! Congratulations!!!

Thank you, to say the least I was blown away when I received the invitation telling me about this award and to attend the ceremony being hosted by our Member of Parliment. I had not heard anything about the selection process nor did I know I had been nominated. I never do anything to receive recognition but it is very nice when others take notice and persue something in your honour.

Thank you, to say the least I was blown away when I received the invitation telling me about this award and to attend the ceremony being hosted by our Member of Parliment. I had not heard anything about the selection process nor did I know I had been nominated. I never do anything to receive recognition but it is very nice when others take notice and persue something in your honour.

Congratulations....well done. :cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Realized today it is mighty hard to pull out when everyone is slowing down to figure out what the heck they are passing!

Regardless, we have a nice forecast for this weekend so will probably take her for a good run & enjoy some "Corsa crack" while exercising my right foot (with the price of gas it might as well be crack!). Gotta live up to the slogan for Corsa - "Let it speak​ to you"!

That's fantastic! Do you get a title now, like "Lady Sandy"?

Hey, I kind of like that.....I have never been all that 'Lady-Like' with my love of cars, motorcycles, woodworking, don't wear make-up etc. I am a WYSIWYG kind of girl! Lady Sandy....hummmm! :chuckle

For those so chatty about driving 85mph... I do that all the time. Never had a problem for over 25 years. :laugh:

I had noticed this comment but I never looked at who posted it. I kind of figured someone from Texas where they have high posted speed limits on many highways. Figures it was you Hatty, you have your 'Get out of Jail Free' tokens :cool:: and I am not talking Toonies here!

Apparently Cadillac knows we have an anniversary around this time of year, because they sent us an invite to a V series performance academy! "The perfect gift for car & Cadillac lovers!" :cool:

So excited, this should be more fun since I have a performance driving experience with a CTS-V coupe under my belt so I kinda know what I'm doing - or supposed to be doing - this time around.

I tried to find out how you get picked or how to get on a list for it but they weren't giving that info up! :burnout:

If you have registered with Cadillac at any point in time, they email this out to you regularly. There is one in my 'backyard' this weekend, but I didn't sign up. I also just received another one out in Vegas, don't remember when it is, but if it is Dec. we may be out there and I'll have to check it out. Shouldn't be a problem for me, since I've been drivng a CTS-V Coupe for the last 7 months.
Apparently Cadillac knows we have an anniversary around this time of year, because they sent us an invite to a V series performance academy! "The perfect gift for car & Cadillac lovers!" :cool:So excited, this should be more fun since I have a performance driving experience with a CTS-V coupe under my belt so I kinda know what I'm doing - or supposed to be doing - this time around. I tried to find out how you get picked or how to get on a list for it but they weren't giving that info up! :burnout:

Maybe we'll see you in Vegas! - it is in Dec, & that's the one we're going to.

Jean and I just ran out to California for a few days. We met up with Jetboy in Anaheim and visited Disneyland and Californa Adventure. On Friday we drove to Burbank and did the weekly cruise night at Bob's Big Boy. A lot of nice local cars every week. We were invited to two more car shows while there, but were unable to stay that long.

I may have to consider changing my forum name from ChicagoDave to IndianaDave :chuckle

I have been down to Indy several times in the last few weeks, enjoying watching/helping Bruce work on each of my cars. Bruce found SEVERAL problems with my wife's Envoy; many of them safety concerns. THANK YOU Bruce!

I may have to consider changing my forum name from ChicagoDave to IndianaDave :chuckle

I have been down to Indy several times in the last few weeks, enjoying watching/helping Bruce work on each of my cars. Bruce found SEVERAL problems with my wife's Envoy; many of them safety concerns. THANK YOU Bruce!

It's always great seeing you Dave, it's nice when things work out. I'm really good @ spending other people's money.:lol:

Apparently Cadillac knows we have an anniversary around this time of year, because they sent us an invite to a V series performance academy! "The perfect gift for car & Cadillac lovers!" :cool:

So excited, this should be more fun since I have a performance driving experience with a CTS-V coupe under my belt so I kinda know what I'm doing - or supposed to be doing - this time around.

I tried to find out how you get picked or how to get on a list for it but they weren't giving that info up! :burnout:

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend your anniversary...have fun!

If anybody is going to Ocean City Maryland Area this Thur - Sunday there is the Endless Summer Car Show Event there will be car show through out the whole area and big shows at inlet & inside show at the Convention Center. If you go there and want to meet PM me and we will get to together we will be Thur eve to Monday morning :cool:

Dan & Wendy :wave:

Kathy (Photo Girl) is going in tomorrow for spine surgery, they will be fusing two vertebrae (L4 & L5). Hopefully this will eliminate the severe pain she has lived with for the last couple of years.

Sure hope all goes well & the surgery is successful -- you guys are in our thoughts.

Mike & Amy

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back