Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2013 XLR Bowling Green Plant Homecoming - Sept 28th, 2013

We are back up to 30 XLR's!! New member, arv09-Anita & Mark will be coming in Friday from Winchester, KY

I have updated the attendance list in post # 294

the people on the plant tour will we still make the road tour and lunch? are there plans to get together/dinner on fri./sat.night?? Our first time,don't know the drill. thanks, Al :dunno:

Al I believe the plant tours are 8:30 & 9 am on the day of the car show Saturday! The car show is from 8am to 3pm awards at 2pm. I believe Friday morning there is a cruz drive may be planned and the afternoon tour of the NCM Museum. Sunday morning is a departure breakfast for those interested! All these event are of course voluntary to whom wants to attend! If anyone has the up to dated schedule please post as I'm not sure if this is fully correct!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Al I believe the plant tours are 8:30 & 9 am on the day of the car show Saturday! The car show is from 8am to 3pm awards at 2pm. I believe Friday morning there is a cruz drive may be planned and the afternoon tour of the NCM Museum. Sunday morning is a departure breakfast for those interested! All these event are of course voluntary to whom wants to attend! If anyone has the up to dated schedule please post as I'm not sure if this is fully correct!

There will be plant tours on Friday Sept 27 @ 8:30 & 9:00 am. Limited to 100 people. $20 per person. Go to the link below & purchase a ticket through PayPal (1 ticket @ a time). You don't want to miss this!!!

Bowling Green Assembly Corvette Club - Home
I believe the pant tour is Friday.

Here is a little bit of the schedule;

Thursday Sept. 26; travel day to Bowling Green, KY. Meet & Greet Dinner @ Montana Grille 6:30/7:00 pm. Members of BGACC will be joining the group

Friday Sept. 27; Bowling Green Assembly Plant Tours, 8:30 & 9:00 am., (arrive @ 8:15 or 8:45 for your tour) 100 person limit (
SOLD OUT). Both tours should be finished around 11:30 am.
Lunch on your own in Bowling Green.
3:00 pm arrive @ NCM for 3:30 tours
5:30 pm depart from NCM for drive & dinner @ Barren River Lake State Park

Saturday Sept. 28; BGACC Car Show @ the plant, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm.
5:30/6:00 pm depart from Hilton Garden Inn for group dinner @ Wahbahs steakhouse

Sunday Sept. 29; Farewell breakfast. Depart for home.

Thursday Sept. 26; travel day to Bowling Green, KY. Meet & Greet Dinner @ Montana Grille 6:30/7:00 pm

Friday Sept. 27; Bowling Green Assembly Plant Tours, 8:30 & 9:00 am., 100 person limit. Group lunch TBA. 3:30 pm, National Corvette Museum tours. Group dinner TBA.

Saturday Sept. 28; BGACC Car Show @ the plant, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm. Group dinner TBA.

Hey Bruce Thanks for clearing that up I thought I read Saturday during the car show and the rest of the agenda too!

Thursday Sept. 26; travel day to Bowling Green, KY. Meet & Greet Dinner @ Montana Grille 6:30/7:00 pm. Members of BGACC will be joining the group

Friday Sept. 27; Bowling Green Assembly Plant Tours, 8:30 & 9:00 am., (arrive @ 8:15 or 8:45 for your tour) 100 person limit (

5:30/6:00 pm depart from Hilton Garden Inn for group dinner @ Wahbahs steakhouse

Schedule updated. Everyone is welcome to join in on as much or as little as they like.:wave:

Sunday Drive??

Bruce & I spoke last night about adding a drive to the schedule. Because Friday & Saturday are pretty much 'loaded', my thought was a Sunday morning drive after breakfast. I've mapped out about a 2 hour drive, which will go through Mammoth Cave National Park. If there is enough interest we will add this. If the 2 hours seems like too much, I can also shorten it.

Please post your interest in this. I hope to be down to Bowling Green early enough on Thursday to run the route and get actual traveling time--Google always goes by the speed limits--I don't!!

Bruce & I spoke last night about adding a drive to the schedule. Because Friday & Saturday are pretty much 'loaded', my thought was a Sunday morning drive after breakfast. I've mapped out about a 2 hour drive, which will go through Mammoth Cave National Park. If there is enough interest we will add this. If the 2 hours seems like too much, I can also shorten it.

Please post your interest in this. I hope to be down to Bowling Green early enough on Thursday to run the route and get actual traveling time--Google always goes by the speed limits--I don't!!

Man... you guys keep making me feel more and more sorry that we can't make this trip... Cut it out!!!!:chuckle:chuckle:wave:

"Your Magic Answer"

Man... you guys keep making me feel more and more sorry that we can't make this trip... Cut it out!!!!:chuckle:chuckle:wave:

Jump yourselves in that Seneca plane and fly down! You may not have your 'ROCKET" there with you but at least you be among all your XLR buds :lol: :rocker:

Hey this is just a thought. Someone should either hire a video guy for the weekend event. or make a video and sell it for a reasonable price for this historic event. This way the people that can't make it can buy a copy?:dunno::)

Hey this is just a thought. Someone should either hire a video guy for the weekend event. or make a video and sell it for a reasonable price for this historic event. This way the people that can't make it can buy a copy?:dunno::)

I'd be interested, depending on the video cost, of course...

Sounds good to me. I was actually wondering about an alternate route(s) home instead of just boring interstates as it is nearly 11 hours for me and would like to split the return trip into two days. I plan on going down thru the Blue Ridge and hope to include the tail of the dragon on the way to BG.

The dash plaques arrived yesterday...they look GREAT! Bob & Gayle Walker were kind enough to pay for the XLR event dash plaques. I hope you all like them. :wave:

I am SO looking forward to this - work life/real life have been quite the challenge lately compared to "XLR life." It will be a nice break to see old friends & meet some new ones!

Thanks to everyone who has worked to put together events, meals, shirts, hats, dash plaques, & everything else while I've just been sitting on the sidelines taking advantage of all of it. We owe you a big debt of gratitude for making this event happen and be a truly special one. :worship::worship::worship:

BGACC car show dash plaque

I had a dash plaque made for the car show on Saturday. They are a gift from the XLR group to the BGACC for being such great hosts.

Attachments

• BGACC plaque.jpg
    BGACC plaque.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 198
I am SO looking forward to this - work life/real life have been quite the challenge lately compared to "XLR life." It will be a nice break to see old friends & meet some new ones!

Thanks to everyone who has worked to put together events, meals, shirts, hats, dash plaques, & everything else while I've just been sitting on the sidelines taking advantage of all of it. We owe you a big debt of gratitude for making this event happen and be a truly special one. :worship::worship::worship:

Same goes for us too!
Thanks to all!

Friday, Sept. 27, since we plan on leaving for the drive & dinner after our museum tour, bring anything you might need (like a jacket) with you to the Corvette Museum. Also make sure you have a full tank of gas.

I'm very excited about the plant tours on Friday morning, Sept. 27. You guys will be the first tours to see the new C7s being built!!! The plant has been remodeled for the new car. This will be all new for the tour guides as well as the plant workers. Many of the workers on the line are new hires & have never had tours come through while they are building cars. I hope you enjoy your tour!

I'm in. But will probably be leaving the group once you turn around south.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom