Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Montana Rocket Run 2014

Sorry to say!

Looks as if I am not going to be able to make the Montana Rocket Run 2014. It has been five months since I was slammed in the elevator door in Las Vegas, NM. The healing is a very slow process with multiple tares in both shoulders and the left hip. I guess as we get older we tend to not heal as fast. Doctors have advised me not to try to travel that far, doing all the driving and going alone. I was really looking forward to seeing Montana and all my XLR friends. Will cancel my reservations tomorrow. Sorry the say the least.

Robert, I'm sorry you'll not be making it to the Rocket Run. Bummer. Doctors seem to spoil all the fun, yano. :chuckle

BTW, I was in the light platinum XLR that pulled out of Red Noland, just as you pulled in a few days ago. I had a time crunch and was running late, or I'd have turned around and shaken your hand. Recognized your grill emblem.

Take care & heal up. :wave:

Tim

Looks as if I am not going to be able to make the Montana Rocket Run 2014. It has been five months since I was slammed in the elevator door in Las Vegas, NM. The healing is a very slow process with multiple tares in both shoulders and the left hip. I guess as we get older we tend to not heal as fast. Doctors have advised me not to try to travel that far, doing all the driving and going alone. I was really looking forward to seeing Montana and all my XLR friends. Will cancel my reservations tomorrow. Sorry the say the least.

I was really looking forward to seeing you again, my friend. I guess doctor's know best. Stay well, my friend and heal up soon!!!

Buck T

I see Buck T has a Facebook page. Tonight's special looks good.

Tonight's special:: Bison Osso Bucco served with spaetzel, arugula, shiitake mushrooms, truffle oil, with a thyme Madeira au jus!! Pictures to come!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 233
I see Buck T has a Facebook page. Tonight's special looks good.

Tonight's special:: Bison Osso Bucco served with spaetzel, arugula, shiitake mushrooms, truffle oil, with a thyme Madeira au jus!! Pictures to come!

YUM!!!!

Incredibly Disappointed!!

Nils and I must REGRETFULLY inform you that we will be unable to attend the Montana Rocket Run. Unfortunately my job requires me to work during the time period of the event. It's impossible to convey our disappointment. We have just cancelled our hotel reservations and it is our hope that someone will benefit by obtaining our rooms. We wish everyone a magnificent time. Make sure you post lots of pictures so we can enjoy the trip vicariously through you! :bawling::(

Nils and I must REGRETFULLY inform you that we will be unable to attend the Montana Rocket Run. Unfortunately my job requires me to work during the time period of the event. It's impossible to convey our disappointment. We have just cancelled our hotel reservations and it is our hope that someone will benefit by obtaining our rooms. We wish everyone a magnificent time. Make sure you post lots of pictures so we can enjoy the trip vicariously through you! :bawling::(

We were really looking forward to meeting you both... maybe sometime down the line??

Think it's about time to start a phone number list for those attending. Please PM me or email me with yours and I will get a list together for each attendee.

Putting in the order for shirts tonight. Any shirt order after tonight will not be in in time for the run. With only 8 shirts ordered, the split of the set up fee will be an additional $4.50 for each shirt.

Last edited:
Mailbox Full

Rod, tried to send you a PM, but the system says you need to clean up some space. :nono:

FYI

Tim

Change of Plans on our part.

Guess it's about time to start thinking about the Montana run in Billings in 2014. Am thinking about late July, early August. Figured I'd throw this out and see what dates work best...
Bruce... could you make this a sticky for me? thanks
Rod

Atttendees:
1. Mtrocket & Mrs Mtrocket (Rod & Cindy)
2. Patrick 2221 (Patrick & Janet)
3. WB6BBZ (Jack & ? +1)
4. Busaman (Tim & Barbara?)
5. Madmac (Brian & June)
6. Popbigguy (Chad & Rogene)
7. CNC (Charles & Shirley)
8. Black Brutus (Pat and Joanne)
9. Markski - joining at Buck's T-4 in Big Sky

The itinerary will be similar to that of the Montana Spring Drive 2013 that I had to postpone because of my burn accident. Dates of the drive will be August 3-10, 2014.

UPDATED ITINERARY:
My itinerary is for everyone to be in Billings by the afternoon/evening of Sunday, August 3. We are planning a welcome reception at our house that evening. The week will look like this:
August 4: Day trip over Beartooth Highway, lunch in Cooke City, back to Billings by way of Chief Joseph Highway. Round trip around 280 miles.
August 5: Day trip over Burgess Junction - Wyoming Highway 14 - Itinerary addition: returning via Wyoming Highway 14A, making stop to view Big Horn Canyon at Black Canyon overlook.
August 6: Day trip to Custer Battlefield (50 miles away) and Pompeys Pillar (80 miles from Custer Battlefield to Pompeys Pillar then on 30 miles back to Billings) (light day of traveling). Or Moss Mansion tours, Western Heritage Center, Yellowstone Art Museum. Itinerary addition: 5-8PM... XLR car show at Yellowstone Cellars Winery, Billings
August 7-8: Travel to Yellowstone National Park, entering at Gardiner, MT, coming out at West Yellowstone, MT, spending two nights at Bucks T-4 Lodge in Big Sky.
August 9: Travel back to Billings - lunch in Bozeman.
August 10: travel home.

Hotel information:

Crowne Plaza Billings
27 N 27th Street
Billings, MT 59101
1-800-588-7666
1-406-252-7400
Mention "Montana Rocket Run" for these rates:
August 3-6 and 9 $119+taxes
A block of 20 rooms/nt have been set aside for our group. On 7/20/2014 the remaining block not reserved will be turned back to normal inventory.
The hotel has agreed to close off the rear parking lot of their hotel just for our group's parking.

Buck's T-4 Lodge
1-406-995-4111
1-800-822-4484
Block of 20 rooms reserved under "Montana Rocket Run", consisting of 7 Deluxe King rooms (I already reserved one of the King rooms for Cindy & I) and 12 Deluxe 2 Queen rooms in the West Building. Incidentally, there are ONLY 8 Deluxe King rooms available in the wing in which all rooms are blocked. There are, however, 3 King Suites available in a different wing available at an increased cost; these King Suites have NOT been held for this event. A credit card number will be required for one night's lodging; cancellation policy is ONE WEEK prior to the event, July 31, 2014, to avoid charges. Rooms not reserved by July 7, 2014 will be released, but rooms can still be reserved on a "room available" basis at the rates below. The rates are as follows - both rooms are the same rate:

Singles - 118.30
Doubles - 118.30
Triple - 138.30
Quad - 158.30

If you have any trouble getting these rates, have the reservation host contact Valerie Edwards.

I have reserved the private Gallatin Room at my expense at Buck's T-4 on the evening of August 7 for dinner as a group as a thank you for your making the trip out to Montana. However, your dinner expense will be up to each of you. Trust me, you will NOT be let down by the food here, it is exquisite!!!

Hey Rod,

I tried to send this to your mail box but it says you have exceeded your message size and wouldn't allow me to do so. I.e., it is full and cannot accept any more messages.:rolleyes:

Heres is our new schedule for 'The Rocket Run' due to other family member's plans here in Colorado:
Hey Rod, :)

Slight change of plans on our part. Due to other considerations and circumstances we will be able to make part of the festivities on The Montana Rocket Run, but not all. Felt I needed to let you know.

We will be arriving at The Crowne Plaza late afternoon to early evening Tuesday August 5th driving up from Monument Colorado. So we will begin meeting everyone that evening and the next day 8/6.

On Saturday 8/9 we will leave Buck's T-4 Lodge and drive back to Colorado directly from Big Sky.

Other family members plans have 'impinged' on our plans and we have no other option than to make these changes.

All my best,

Charles

Hey Rod,

I tried to send this to your mail box but it says you have exceeded your message size and wouldn't allow me to do so. I.e., it is full and cannot accept any more messages.:rolleyes:

Heres is our new schedule for 'The Rocket Run' due to other family member's plans here in Colorado:
Hey Rod, :)

Slight change of plans on our part. Due to other considerations and circumstances we will be able to make part of the festivities on The Montana Rocket Run, but not all. Felt I needed to let you know.

We will be arriving at The Crowne Plaza late afternoon to early evening Tuesday August 5th driving up from Monument Colorado. So we will begin meeting everyone that evening and the next day 8/6.

On Saturday 8/9 we will leave Buck's T-4 Lodge and drive back to Colorado directly from Big Sky.

Other family members plans have 'impinged' on our plans and we have no other option than to make these changes.

All my best,

Charles

Thanks for letting me know; Tuesday we'll be coming back from the 14/14A run and should be back around 5PM I'm thinking. Glad you can make some of the trip anyway!!!

Only a week away!!!

Planning on having the car wash people at the Crowne Sunday afternoon 3-5, Monday and Tuesday evenings when we get back from our drives and Wednesday afternoon 2-4. Not planning on having them there when we get back from the Park on Saturday, since everyone will be leaving Sunday anyway.
We're back to having the MT Rocket blastoff party back at my house. The dealership in closed on Sundays. The owner doesn't believe in anyone working on Sundays. Cindy & I will be at the Crowne from about 3PM on on Sunday to meet up with everyone. About 6 or so, we will lead everyone on drive quick drive around Billings. Then to our house for sandwiches and refreshments. Not to mention time to relax, unwind and visit with our old and new XLR friends!!!

Last edited:
Have a Great Time!

Rod and Cindy - I'm really glad that you've recovered enough to host the trip! I wish that David and I could have come out to 'run' with you guys, because it looks like you've put together a great adventure for everyone. Sending best wishes for beautiful weather and safe travels for all.
I'll be looking for pictures!
~Quinn

Rod and Cindy - I'm really glad that you've recovered enough to host the trip! I wish that David and I could have come out to 'run' with you guys, because it looks like you've put together a great adventure for everyone. Sending best wishes for beautiful weather and safe travels for all.
I'll be looking for pictures!
~Quinn

Quinn:
I, too, am sorry you and David could not come out for the run. I'll be posting pictures as I am able to during the run. Hopefully will have time to do so every evening, but, we'll see...

Rocket Run

Rod & Cindy,

Hope you have great weather and a great time on the event you've planned. Wish Supa & I could have made it as well. Work is too hectic right now and not much time to get away. Hopefully we can make out your way sometime in the future! Don't let Madmac do any leading with his new ride, you'll never keep up with him:lol::laugh:

We'll be watching for pictures and wishing we were there!!

Have a great time!!:party

Wendy & I too are also wishing for nice weather and for all safe driving during your travels. We will be waiting on some awesome pictures since that's the only way we get to see that area of the country for the time being. Still wish to meet in person at a future event, not giving up on that yet! Have great time! Drink a beer or two for us............
:beerchug:
:party

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry