Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Montana Rocket Run 2014

Just thought I'd do a quick post... working on polo shirt design. Stay tuned...

On another note... only about a month left to make reservations using the block of rooms. Buck T-4 Lodge in Big Sky will drop the unreserved rooms on 7/7. Crowne Plaza Billings will do the same on 7/27.

Last edited:
Rocket Run

On another note... only about a month left to make reservations using the block of rooms. Buck T-4 Lodge in Big Sky will drop the unreserved room on 7/7. Crowne Plaza Billings will do the same on 7/27.
Just want to say that Joanne and I booked our rooms a few weeks ago. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

We are all set. Goldie should be ready : )

On another note... only about a month left to make reservations using the block of rooms. Buck T-4 Lodge in Big Sky will drop the unreserved room on 7/7. Crowne Plaza Billings will do the same on 7/27.

Hi Rob, :wave:

FYI we made our reservations about 8+ weeks ago. Was getting tight room availability wise at that time. What after all does one expect from a 'procrastinator'. :rolleyes:

Goldie is still up on jackstands in the garage. The transmission has been serviced and drained w. new filter. The old fluid was 'brown' at 30 K + miles. Go figure? Trans tunnel plate now has insulation shield to help reduce the heat into the passenger compartment from the exhaust. Has new brake pads and rotors all the way around. And am in the process of fiberglass filling the front air dam and rocker panels and sanding and priming for paint respray from the prior owner having found lots of curbs and speed bumps. When all done a complete clean in and out and fresh wax job. She should be ready to roll.:cool:

Turned out that the Trans Cooler Lines were OK. Before I started I bought the special tool on Ebay for removal just in case. The thing is apparently patented and works like a fuel injection line spring snap remover tool, but with little notches around the edge to engage the proper inside tangs. About the diameter of a nickel, and maybe 1/2" long. Cost? $70.00. Ouch. A definite 'gotcha'.

Under carriage is clean and no evidence of leaks anywhere. That is good news albeit a bit weird as when I drove it back from San Diego last year I found a small amount of trans fluid on the floor near the front of the car (?) and also a tiny amount of coolant. ? --- Yet after running to operating temp several times, and engaging all gears after the trans service while holding the brake; no evidence anywhere of any leakage. Nothing ( 0 ) at trans radiator line hook ups nor coolant hoses and no radiator leaks ????

We are looking foward to The Rocket Run and meeting all and seeing everyone's cars.

SHIRT LOGO AND ORDERING INFO

Talked vendor into lower price:
Here is the logo for the run that the the artist and I came up with. I need to order the shirts by July 16 to have them by August 3, price will be $35ea. They will be gold embroidery on navy blue 100% polyester shirts. Minimum shirt order is 40 otherwise there is a $35 set-up fee which I will split among those that order. Available sizes are XS-4XL in mens or ladies. Also available in mens or ladies tall sizes, LT-4XLT. Additional charge for 2XL and larger is $3.00.

Attachments

• XLR Run LC.jpg
    XLR Run LC.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Here is the logo for the run that the the artist and I came up with. I need to order the shirts by July 16 to have them by August 3, price will be $35ea. They will be gold embroidery on navy blue 100% polyester shirts. Minimum shirt order is 40 otherwise there is a $35 set-up fee which I will split among those that order. Available sizes are XS-4XL in mens or ladies. Also available in mens or ladies tall sizes, LT-4XLT. Additional charge for 2XL and larger is $3.00.

Rod, I would like to order 2 shirts both XL.

Thank you

Happy to say Audrey and I will be able to meet the group at Bucks T-4 Lodge. Better late than never! Besides I owe Sandy a beer! :beerchug:

Happy to say Audrey and I will be able to meet the group at Bucks T-4 Lodge. Better late than never! Besides I owe Sandy a beer! :beerchug:

Oh dear: I guess you didn't notice my post or note the change in the attendees list MarkSki. Sadly I have had to cancel. I had full knee replacement surgery 5 weeks ago and I have come to the brutal reality that there is no way I will be able to stand the nearly 3 day trip to get to Montana. (1800 miles/26 hours non-stop according to google) As it is I need to stop and walk around after a hour of driving or being a passenger. I am very disappointed to say the least, I was so very much looking forward to this trip. That is such an amazingly beautiful chunk of America (been to Sturgis on my Harley) and I was truly looking forward to seeing it from the seat of my XLR. :burnout:

Such is life: as Mic says: "You can't always get what you want...."

T shirts

Yes could you get Joanne and I a couple of shirts. Ladies M. and a mens XL. They look good. Looking forward to the trip down there.
icon6.gif

[/SIZE]Oh dear: I guess you didn't notice my post or note the change in the attendees list MarkSki. Sadly I have had to cancel. I had full knee replacement surgery 5 weeks ago and I have come to the brutal reality that there is no way I will be able to stand the nearly 3 day trip to get to Montana. (1800 miles/26 hours non-stop according to google) As it is I need to stop and walk around after a hour of driving or being a passenger. I am very disappointed to say the least, I was so very much looking forward to this trip. That is such an amazingly beautiful chunk of America (been to Sturgis on my Harley) and I was truly looking forward to seeing it from the seat of my XLR. :burnout:Such is life: as Mic says: "You can't always get what you want...."
No I missed that. Audrey had 1/2 of her left knee replaced a few years ago so we know how you feel. Things will get a lot better sooner than you think. Just take it one day at a time. I'm going to fully retire in a few more years and we're going to take a tour of Canada and the US. If we don't get together before that time, we'll see you then for that beer. Audrey has never been to the east coast so there's going to be a lot for her to see. Dunham is on my list as that's were my mother and her side of the family came from and she's got to see the falls.You take it easy this summer.

Yes could you get Joanne and I a couple of shirts. Ladies M. and a mens XL. They look good. Looking forward to the trip down there.
icon6.gif

Gotcha down... see you in three weeks. Will be here before you know it...

My Posting Seems to be Missing

I sure don't know what happened to my earlier post, but it's MIA. Anyway, this is just to let Rod know that I will be participating in the Billings-based portion of the Rocket Run, and would like to order a man's XL shirt. :wave:

When the Sunday evening Rocket Run "Blast-off Bash" details are set, please advise. Really looking forward to meeting y'all there. :cool:

See you soon.

Tim

Hi Rod,
Put me down for one Men's size XL
Thanx, see you in a coupla weeks

Throwing this out to see how many would be interested in having their cars professionally cleaned as you arrive in Billings on Sunday the 3rd and as we arrive back in Billings from our drives on Monday, Tuesday nights and Wednesday afternoon. Also curious as to how many would be interested in having the cars cleaned when we arrive back on Saturday after the Yellowstone Park run.
I am working with a friend of mine that owns a business called MARS (Mobile Auto Restoration Services). He will wash/wax the cars, clean all the chrome and put on a product that makes the bugs easier to remove for $50/car/time. Also available will be interior details at additional cost. They will also have their products available for sale. We had this service for the run in San Antonio in 2009, so thought it would be nice to have it here as well. Makes it really nice to return from a hard days drive and have someone there to clean your car.

Last edited:
Itinerary update

I'm working with the local Cadillac dealership to have the Sunday night welcome party there. Still have to iron out the details, but the dealership in brand new and it is awesome! More details to come...

Throwing this out to see how many would be interested in having their cars professionally cleaned as you arrive in Billings on Sunday the 3rd and as we arrive back in Billings from our drives on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Also curious as to how many would be interested in having the cars cleaned when we arrive back on Saturday after the Yellowstone Park run.
I am working with a friend of mine that owns a business called MARS (Mobile Auto Restoration Services). He will wash/wax the cars, clean all the chrome and put on a product that makes the bugs easier to remove for $50/car/time. Also available will be interior details at additional cost. They will also have their products available for sale. We had this service for the run in San Antonio in 2009, so thought it would be nice to have it here as well. Makes it really nice to return from a hard days drive and have someone there to clean your car.

Will this be done at the Crowne?
I would be interested getting this done on Sunday prior to going to the dealership. Is that possible?

Will this be done at the Crowne?
I would be interested getting this done on Sunday prior to going to the dealership. Is that possible?

Yes... the car washes would be done at the Crowne in the rear parking lot. The Crowne is closing off the rear parking lot just for us to park.

Throwing this out to see how many would be interested in having their cars professionally cleaned as you arrive in Billings on Sunday the 3rd and as we arrive back in Billings from our drives on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Also curious as to how many would be interested in having the cars cleaned when we arrive back on Saturday after the Yellowstone Park run.

After our 1,300 mile trip Crystal will need a good spiffing up so, count me in

Throwing this out to see how many would be interested in having their cars professionally cleaned as you arrive in Billings on Sunday the 3rd and as we arrive back in Billings from our drives on Monday, Tuesday nights and Wednesday afternoon. Also curious as to how many would be interested in having the cars cleaned when we arrive back on Saturday after the Yellowstone Park run.

Also wondering if we want to have them there every other night in addition to Sunday, i.e., Monday, Tuesday nights and Wednesday afternoon. I figure Wednesday afternoon from 2-4 would be nice to get them spiffed up for the car show at the winery. And how about Saturday when we get back from the park? How many would take advantage of this service on days other than the Sunday everyone arrives??

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom