Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

San Antonio, Texas "Blue Bunny" Rally May 20--May 23, 2009

Reponse from the BANNER KING

mtrocket:

Sorry for my delay in responding to your question.

The issue is and has always been that the owners of this site are running a business. As policy, they are not interested in supporting a competiting XLR site's events.

As I am sure you can appreciate, they own the site and set the rules which are agreed to by the members as part of allowing access.

This is not new to the very nice people you are referring to in your note over at the other site. They just have difficulty accepting the policy. But in the end it isn't our decision to make.

Very Best Wishes.

This is what I PM'd back: I know - quite politically correct...

I understand the owners premise of running a business... but wouldn't the promotion of the XLR (and all XLR rendevous') by whatever means possible be beneficial to all forums? It seems to me that by not promoting another rendevous - simply because it was started on another forum - just runs members of your forum to the other.
And, since many are members of both forums, word gets around that members are being banned from this forum simply for posting info about the San Antonio rendevous... this seems to be making you seem like the "bad guy". Just my .02 worth...

I will let you all know what I hear back...

WOW!!! response again:
Well it is thier business so as they say they make the rules. I have NO financial or personal investment in the site. I am just one of the administrators.

Even though I am sure I get "hammered" regularly over at the other site, I happen to like and respect nearly all of those who like that site better as thier primary place for the XLR. SHOCKING comment HUH???

I respect their right to thier opinions and if they wanted to start a XLR site and have their own rules IF I was allowed to join I would try and respect their wishes as well.

In the end it is a business decision NOT a personal one.

It might be good to read the Rules and Guiding Principles here and over at the other site. These are what members agree to adhere to as a condition of being allowed access.

Very Best Wishes to you and most all of the others AND I hope your event is a GREAT Success!!!

Jerry

Notice he says MOST all the others... wonder to whom he is (or is not) referring.

Just for the heck of it I signed in on that other forum and I am NOT banned, unless you have to try to post something to get banned????????????? :dunno: :confused:

Just for the heck of it I signed in on that other forum and I am NOT banned, unless you have to try to post something to get banned????????????? :dunno: :confused:
I don't believe so. Yesterday I was logged in after I posted about RIVerwalk and clicked on refresh to see if there was any response it kicked me right out with the message of being banned and something about ban being lifted never. I went home and tried to log on and after I put my password in, it automatically gave me the message banned.
:dunno:

Congratulations Super Freak

Having been the first banned from the other site for arguing with Jerry, I welcome you to the banned list. I just want to know what took you so long. I feel for the people left over there except for one that doesn't keep her word, and if she is ghosting over here, she knows who she is.
I don't believe so. Yesterday I was logged in after I posted about RIVerwalk and clicked on refresh to see if there was any response it kicked me right out with the message of being banned and something about ban being lifted never. I went home and tried to log on and after I put my password in, it automatically gave me the message banned.
:dunno:

Having been the first banned from the other site for arguing with Jerry, I welcome you to the banned list. I just want to know what took you so long. I feel for the people left over there except for one that doesn't keep her word, and if she is ghosting over here, she knows who she is.
He has banned me really good over there. I wanted to argue with him on the reasoning and it wouldn't even let me contact on the main page of that site. It sent me an email saying not deliverable. I know someone is over here ghosting. It may even be him. If he is or who ever it is you can keep my ban permamnent. Has any one else noticed how many guests have been here and how many of them have been on this thread? Considering the most on that other place is a max of 2, gee I wonder where they are? :dunno:He has made this personal and not about the cars at all. He has made this one site against the other. He needs to read the rules I quote"Usually (egregious rule violations expected) the moderators work with the rule violations and the poster in jeopardy of being banned, through Private Message, to resolve disputes and avoid banning." I didn't get any PM to discuss this matter. I posted and within 5 minutes I was banned. Yes, it is personal. Take that back to the old site. :reddevil

WOW!!! response again:
Well it is thier business so as they say they make the rules. I have NO financial or personal investment in the site. I am just one of the administrators.

Even though I am sure I get "hammered" regularly over at the other site, I happen to like and respect nearly all of those who like that site better as thier primary place for the XLR. SHOCKING comment HUH???

I respect their right to thier opinions and if they wanted to start a XLR site and have their own rules IF I was allowed to join I would try and respect their wishes as well.

In the end it is a business decision NOT a personal one.

It might be good to read the Rules and Guiding Principles here and over at the other site. These are what members agree to adhere to as a condition of being allowed access.

Very Best Wishes to you and most all of the others AND I hope your event is a GREAT Success!!!

Jerry

Notice he says MOST all the others... wonder to whom he is (or is not) referring.

More bull...
and right out of both sides of his mouth .... no personal investment? Why would you stay in an unpaid position that would require you to alienate your friends? and no financial investment? .... is this his quote: "In the end it is a business decision NOT a personal one. " Hmmm, did I just read the words "business decision" .....
Hammered, nope. Just a matter of interpretation. And how would he know? :squint:

Watch it Jean and MT you two may end up being number 5 and 6 for the week. :laugh::laugh::chuckle:chuckle:laugh::laugh:;)

He has banned me really good over there. I wanted to argue with him on the reasoning and it wouldn't even let me contact on the main page of that site. It sent me an email saying not deliverable. I know someone is over here ghosting. It may even be him. If he is or who ever it is you can keep my ban permamnent. Has any one else noticed how many guests have been here and how many of them have been on this thread? Considering the most on that other place is a max of 2, gee I wonder where they are? :dunno:He has made this personal and not about the cars at all. He has made this one site against the other. He needs to read the rules I quote"Usually (egregious rule violations expected) the moderators work with the rule violations and the poster in jeopardy of being banned, through Private Message, to resolve disputes and avoid banning." I didn't get any PM to discuss this matter. I posted and within 5 minutes I was banned. Yes, it is personal. Take that back to the old site. :reddevil
Sorry guys for getting on my soap box. I just can't stand the bull being dished out by the other place. ;)

Bull, bull bull............I'll tell ya one thing Jerry doesn't want to do is to sign up over here...............Talk about hammered? I would hope that our illustrious leader would not allow him on this site.
More bull...
and right out of both sides of his mouth .... no personal investment? Why would you stay in an unpaid position that would require you to alienate your friends? and no financial investment? .... is this his quote: "In the end it is a business decision NOT a personal one. " Hmmm, did I just read the words "business decision" .....
Hammered, nope. Just a matter of interpretation. And how would he know? :squint:

Sorry guys for getting on my soap box. I just can't stand the bull being dished out by the other place. ;)

I'm sorry too for starting (and continuing) the ruckus over here... But then again, can't you just feel the LOVE...:chuckle:chuckle:rolleyes:
Life is too short for petty things, expecially among friends:wave::wave::love::love:

Bull, bull bull............I'll tell ya one thing Jerry doesn't want to do is to sign up over here...............Talk about hammered? I would hope that our illustrious leader would not allow him on this site.

But, wouldn't that be censorship also... the one thing that we are speaking against so adamantly????

Jean,
I think you should post over there and let them know you and Jim are the holders of the cards as far as the word Rendezvous, RI, RII, RIII, RIV, RIVerwalk, Blue Bunny, Blue Money, Etc, did I forget any? :laugh:

Oh, he IS already a member of this forum .... has been for months .... he actually liked this forum .... don't know why he quit posting ....:squint:

We can claim that we have bi-laws forbidding Floridians from participating in our forum and we only allow gentleman and ladies that don't ban other people from web sites to enter our unique club.
Aren't you the one that posted over on that site that you thought Blue Bunny's was stupid or is my ghosting of that site not correct? If not, please accept my apologize.
But, wouldn't that be censorship also... the one thing that we are speaking against so adamantly????

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom