Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

San Antonio, Texas "Blue Bunny" Rally May 20--May 23, 2009

One last response post...

Thanks... haven't heard anything from Jerry since.

Here's the latest...
mtrocket:
*FORUM WARS*--As I said in my previous posting, there is no war from our perspective just a difference in business philosophy.

*PRIVATE MAIL WARNINGS-* If it were you or another member here who was not part of the proactive effort to "shut the lights out" on this forum then I would agree. But all of these previous members have been at this game off and on for over 5months now since they left and swore to "never come back".

I think the core issue is that they really wanted a place to BLOG. Now theres nothing wrong with BLOGGING but our site is about the car and the technical topics.

I sincerely hope that this has been helpful in your thinking.

Regards
Jerry

My reply...
I, for one, am not interested in the least bit to "shut the light out" on this forum... as I stated before, there is info to gain from each and every forum.
I guess I just don't understand your business philosophy in that you say your "site is about the car and the technical topics" but yet you don't believe in promoting any other XLR events or rendevous' but the ones you begin. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree with your and the forum's owner's business objectives.

And his final reply...
Sounds like a plan!!! That's why there are different colors and models of cars--etc.

We welcome you and your input at any time.

Regards

Jerry

:sleeping::finger:Lights are already out. Just incase you haven't noticed. Currently Active on this site 86/currently active on the bad place 0 priceless. :finger:

:sleeping::finger:Lights are already out. Just incase you haven't noticed. Currently Active on this site 86/currently active on the bad place 0 priceless. :finger:

Well this is for the Angel and the Devil! I guess the Devil made both of you do that. You are both sooooooo bad:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle and all along I thought you were just sweet innocent little girls.

Well this is for the Angel and the Devil! I guess the Devil made both of you do that. You are both sooooooo bad:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle and all along I thought you were just sweet innocent little girls.
I'm sorry we mislead you. :laugh::laugh::laugh::naughty:

Here's the latest...
mtrocket:
*FORUM WARS*--As I said in my previous posting, there is no war from our perspective just a difference in business philosophy.

*PRIVATE MAIL WARNINGS-* If it were you or another member here who was not part of the proactive effort to "shut the lights out" on this forum then I would agree. But all of these previous members have been at this game off and on for over 5months now since they left and swore to "never come back".

I think the core issue is that they really wanted a place to BLOG. Now theres nothing wrong with BLOGGING but our site is about the car and the technical topics.

I sincerely hope that this has been helpful in your thinking.

Regards
Jerry

My reply...
I, for one, am not interested in the least bit to "shut the light out" on this forum... as I stated before, there is info to gain from each and every forum.
I guess I just don't understand your business philosophy in that you say your "site is about the car and the technical topics" but yet you don't believe in promoting any other XLR events or rendevous' but the ones you begin. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree with your and the forum's owner's business objectives.

And his final reply...
Sounds like a plan!!! That's why there are different colors and models of cars--etc.

We welcome you and your input at any time.

Regards

Jerry

Hmmm, MT .... since you are still active on that forum, maybe you can devise a way to let the new members over there looking for a meet know about R4. You could email them. It is such a shame that new owners of XLR's are not going to be able to access the information. If we were never able to "blog", R1,2 or 3 would never had happened and our wonderful friendships never formed. I really don't understand his reasoning .... I would happily be part of 2 forums or more ... heck, there's room and profit for everyone. That forum didn't have any problems until it got down to having ONE moderator .... why is it that Caly, Jim and Mark aren't moderating anymore? :pat: Not hard to guess. Everyone was part of the blogging. I don't know of any forum that has no blogging - how boring. ..... I don't know how it works exactly, but when you google XLR forums, this one is not the first one up .... should be, since it has the most activity.

Hmmm, MT .... since you are still active on that forum, maybe you can devise a way to let the new members over there looking for a meet know about R4. You could email them. It is such a shame that new owners of XLR's are not going to be able to access the information. If we were never able to "blog", R1,2 or 3 would never had happened and our wonderful friendships never formed. I really don't understand his reasoning .... I would happily be part of 2 forums or more ... heck, there's room and profit for everyone. That forum didn't have any problems until it got down to having ONE moderator .... why is it that Caly, Jim and Mark aren't moderating anymore? :pat: Not hard to guess. Everyone was part of the blogging. I don't know of any forum that has no blogging - how boring. ..... I don't know how it works exactly, but when you google XLR forums, this one is not the first one up .... should be, since it has the most activity.

This is actually the first time in a long time I've been active over there... I've been PMing with Jerry trying to figure things out to my own satisfaction.
I'm thinking they probably pay big $$ to be first on google; I can see from the active users over there that it's really working out for them :willy_nilly::willy_nilly::D
Anybody in particular you would like me to email? I emailed the newest member over there, geowms... it will be interesting to see if he comes to visit. If he doesn't, I would assume that Jerry is censoring outgoing email also.

This is actually the first time in a long time I've been active over there... I've been PMing with Jerry trying to figure things out to my own satisfaction.
Anybody in particular you would like me to email? I emailed the newest member over there, geowms... it will be interesting to see if he comes to visit. If he doesn't, I would assume that Jerry is censoring outgoing email also.

Not too much to figure out right now .... it seems to be some sort of power stuggle.

If your private emails are being read and censored that should be the deal-breaker, I would think.

Yes .... if you are allowed to email members - try to find the ones since last October who have bought an XLR - they are the ones who would be expressing an interest to meet new owners. No one is trying to "recruit" them for anything other than a few days of fun in the sun and a convoy of great cars. :rocker:

..... I don't know how it works exactly, but when you google XLR forums, this one is not the first one up .... should be, since it has the most activity.
Rob can you answer this for us. How is it that this one isn't the first one that pops up when there are by far more activity here than well you know. Why does that one pop up first? Do they pay for it? Or do we need to google this one more?

Rob can you answer this for us. How is it that this one isn't the first one that pops up when there are by far more activity here than well you know. Why does that one pop up first? Do they pay for it? Or do we need to google this one more?
A lot of it has to do with the age of the site - how long Google has been coming to it....the amount of content in the forums, etc.

Midwest caravan

We are thinking about leaving for SA earlier than Wed. May 20th, maybe the 17th or 18th. What do you think?

Bruce :cool:

Gee, Bruce. I'm open to suggestion. We would have more time for fun along the way or more time in Texas.
George

MM caravan

We are thinking about leaving for SA earlier than Wed. May 20th, maybe the 17th or 18th. What do you think?

The earlier the better - seems like there'd be lots to do along the way! (And certain whiny people could stretch their legs more often when the people who actually 'own' the car are getting to driving it). Hey Missy Kris - maybe you and I :rocker::rocker:should take one car and let David and Marc fight about who sits in the passenger seat!

~Quinn

MM carvan

Bruce Kevin's secretary here :laugh::laugh:He wants you to PM him or call him. He thinks its okay for us too to leave those dates. He just wants to know if we are changing route? He wants to know if we will be getting into San Antonio sooner because he wants to check about our hotel. So in short its fine to leave early just let us know what day so we can pencil it in on calendar. :):wave:

You could come out to Colorado and then down to Texas, maybe pick up some more folks along the way. I am leaving on the 19th and will spend one night on the road, arriving SA on the 20th.

You could come out to Colorado and then down to Texas, maybe pick up some more folks along the way. I am leaving on the 19th and will spend one night on the road, arriving SA on the 20th.

Hopefully, everything will work out so we can make it and maybe we can meet up and travel together...

Hopefully, everything will work out so we can make it and maybe we can meet up and travel together...

I hope you can make it and come by way of Colorado. It is an easy two day drive on down from here and there are a couple different ways to go. At this time until I talk to the other couple here I am planning to meet up with the Calif, AZ and NV folks. Someone has to keep Bobo in line in the resturants and he doesn't listen very well to the younger crowd. :chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

If you come to the Ashville Event--I'll show you Deal's Gap. We are palnning on going down on the Harley. Route 129 start in arond Maryvile, TN and continues south into NC. all through the Smokey Mountains. There is an eleven mile stretch with 318 curves before you end up at Deal's Gap. This stretch of road is known as 'The Tail of The Dragon' (I think you are still in TN at that point, but the road is still twisty going into NC) We go down to that area, as my folks lived there for awhile--truely beautiful country!!!! If you check my album an the site there is a picture of me riding 'The Dragon'.

Great picture Cubby:rocker:

We are 13 weeks from San Antonio! :party

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry