Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

San Antonio, Texas "Blue Bunny" Rally May 20--May 23, 2009

Here is the updated list ....
I am getting emails to update ....
This is the best that I have as of today. I have not included the names of 2 couples that are still teetering on the edge! :squint: :)

My wife's name is Cindy...
Hope we can make it!!!! It's still a BIIIGGGGG IF...

I have been banned

My fellow banned friends, I have been banned from the bad place today for the following post.
If any one would like more information on the RIVerwalk,San Antonio trip, that there is a bunch of XLRs going on, please email me and let me know. You can email me from my contact info. So far there are 18 confirmed cars and there are 10 additional cars that are possibles. Photo Girl has listed the hotels that we will be at. So post if you are planning on attending the event.
I posted that and went back later to check and see if anyone had posted anything and it let me on at first and then the following message came up that I had been banned no specific reason, Date bann will be lifted NEVER. Kathy I am sorry but they completely took down your hotel information, so you might want to go back and post it again.

My fellow banned friends, I have been banned from the bad place today for the following post.
If any one would like more information on the RIVerwalk,San Antonio trip, that there is a bunch of XLRs going on, please email me and let me know. You can email me from my contact info. So far there are 18 confirmed cars and there are 10 additional cars that are possibles. Photo Girl has listed the hotels that we will be at. So post if you are planning on attending the event.
I posted that and went back later to check and see if anyone had posted anything and it let me on at first and then the following message came up that I had been banned no specific reason, Date bann will be lifted NEVER. Kathy I am sorry but they completely took down your hotel information, so you might want to go back and post it again.

HOLY CRAP!!! To reiterate what has already been said again and again here, it makes no sense whatsoever for "GOD" to censor rendevous information... that REALLY PI**ES me off. Think I'll go back to the site, send what's his name an email and get banned myself!! Wouldn't hurt my feeling one iota either, since I've not been back since I've been here!! I'll be sure to let you know if (or should I say when) I get the boot!!

He banned you???? And there you have it .... it is not the car or camaraderie that is important to that forum ........... such a shame ............ what does he care that XLR owners get together ... I would think that would only help his forum gain members .... but, nope, looks like someone is willing to cut off his nose to spite his own face. :rolleyes: I hate censorship.

Hey, Little Woman ..... I bet you've been kicked out of better places! :blinzel:

Its not the first time I've been banned and it certainly won't be the last. :lol::lol:What do you think got me banned the RIVerwalk part:dunno:?

HOLY CRAP!!! To reiterate what has already been said again and again here, it makes no sense whatsoever for "GOD" to censor rendevous information... that REALLY PI**ES me off. Think I'll go back to the site, send what's his name an email and get banned myself!! Wouldn't hurt my feeling one iota either, since I've not been back since I've been here!! I'll be sure to let you know if (or should I say when) I get the boot!!
You want to get banned just post something about the RIVerwalk. That's a for sure bann. :chuckle

I agree with RA, these forums are about the XLR's not about the individual people that sign in. I am appalled at the attitude of the administrator on the other forum. You would think he would be anxious to let people know about RIV as what they are trying to put together will never happen. You all know I wrote a letter to the owner of that forum and have never received an answer. That forum will just die as someone else has said. I would sure never want to be such a hateful person as that administrator is. I feel sorry for him as he must not be able to enjoy life as all of us have learned to do. First Robin

Its not the first time I've been banned and it certainly won't be the last. :lol::lol:What do you think got me banned the RIVerwalk part:dunno:?

My last post was about holding and naming the San Antonio trip Rendezvous 4 .... the admin claimed that that forum held the right to decide where a Rendezvous would take place and what it would be named .... seems that is a real sore spot for them over there ..... :lol::reddevil Well, you can take the Rendezvous out of the forum, but you can't take it out of the people!
He who laughs last ..... :laugh::lol::laugh::lol::laugh:
I guess we can call it anything we want ......

You want to get banned just post something about the RIVerwalk. That's a for sure bann. :chuckle

I sent a PM both to the administrator on "that" forum and to XLR1 that reads:
Just wondering why all posts that have anything to do with the rendevous being planned are being removed from this forum. I'm thinking the reason is that it is being planned by members on the XLR-net forum that have been banned from this site. Isn't the real reason to have an XLR forum to promote the XLR vehicle, no matter from which site the information began???????
It will be quite interesting to see if I get a reponse and what it will say... OR if I just get booted instead of a reponse???

I find it very interesting that they are still showing Standby as posting the most post ever on the old forum. After they banned him I thought for sure they would totally remove him.

I've never been speechless in my life. I think we need a lawyer and sue the hell out of that website including the moderators.
Excuse me, but I think our free speech has just been taken away from us. Wish I had the energy and money I would take them on in a NY minute.
The people left behind like Mea & GM shows you what a F&^*cked up place that really is.
They have no where to go but we do!
The RIVerwalk
:bar00: :partyParty time

I sent a PM both to the administrator on "that" forum and to XLR1 that reads:
Just wondering why all posts that have anything to do with the rendevous being planned are being removed from this forum. I'm thinking the reason is that it is being planned by members on the XLR-net forum that have been banned from this site. Isn't the real reason to have an XLR forum to promote the XLR vehicle, no matter from which site the information began???????
It will be quite interesting to see if I get a reponse and what it will say... OR if I just get booted instead of a reponse???
Let us know.

I agree with all the posts - I would think that the other forum would be happy to promote, or maybe even participate in, RIV. I guess not. I don't know what they're thinking but they obviously don't have the best interests of their members in mind. The cars (and any forum on them) don't mean squat without the people!

I'm sure glad Rob was (and is) here for us, and I'm glad to have met every one of you!!!!! :blinzel:

I would really like to know if Jerry comes in on this forum, I would lay odds he does just to spy and see what is happening here. I am with you Bobo, something really does need to be done about this.

I've never been speechless in my life. I think we need a lawyer and sue the hell out of that website including the moderators.
'Wouldn't invest one cent or one minute of time on that forum. I am just sorry that the members, old and especially any new, will not get the opportunity to attend a gathering of our spectacular cars.

It baffles me how it keeps any members at all. :(

Let us know.

Will do...
It's also interesting to note that they have a poll that started January 2 (it's only had 1 post other than XLR1's) as to where the Rendevous IV should be held:
2009 XLR FORUM RENDEVOUS---WHERE SHOULD IT BE HELD

SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS
BOWLING GREEN, KENTUCKY
ATLANTA, GEORGIA
DEALS GAP, NORTH CAROLINA
TAMPA, FLORIDA
NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE

BG is ahead of San Antonio by only 5 votes. It will be really interesting if San Antonio wins the voting over there...
BTW... where is Deals Gap in NC???

That is funny about "the Poll" .... in October right before all of the banning .... San Antonio was in the lead .... hahahaha, :laugh: that just makes me laugh like heck .... I can't believe that poll is still up there, and WHO the heck is voting now? There's no factory dates or tours even available, no one even knows if GM will still be viable, and, yeah, right, like Cadillac is going to invest $$ into a get-together for a car they are taking out of production??? Not only is the idea of a RENDEZVOUS in Bowling Green ludicrous, but so is that "poll" ..... the admin should be embarrassed that it is even up there. If there's something he should censor, that would be it.

I know it's tit for tat, but why can't Rob ban the moderators from ghosting and stirring up our new forum with this crap. I realize we would be just as bad as they are, but it would be nice to see that happen.
That is funny about "the Poll" .... in October right before all of the banning .... San Antonio was in the lead .... hahahaha, :laugh: that just makes me laugh like heck .... I can't believe that poll is still up there, and WHO the heck is voting now? There's no factory dates or tours even available, no one even knows if GM will still be viable, and, yeah, right, like Cadillac is going to invest $$ into a get-together for a car they are taking out of production??? Not only is the idea of a RENDEZVOUS in Bowling Green ludicrous, but so is that "poll" ..... the admin should be embarrassed that it is even up there. If there's something he should censor, that would be it.

My last post was about holding and naming the San Antonio trip Rendezvous 4 .... the admin claimed that that forum held the right to decide where a Rendezvous would take place and what it would be named .... seems that is a real sore spot for them over there ..... :lol::reddevil Well, you can take the Rendezvous out of the forum, but you can't take it out of the people!
He who laughs last ..... :laugh::lol::laugh::lol::laugh:
I guess we can call it anything we want ......

I don't believe that the other forum holds any rights to the name Rendezvous. Jean and I named and set up Rendezvous I, II and III. I don't believe that it is copyrighted. If anyone lays claim to the name XLR Rendezvous, I believe that we do.:pat:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom