Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

15th year BG plant homecoming reunion Sept 26 - 28 2018

NCM BRICK

Just thought I would mention to the newer folks here that there is an XLR Brick at the National Corvette Museum. I think it would be a great idea to have more people donate a brick, to not only show your love and support of your XLR - but also support the National Corvette Museum. Consider joining the NCM as a member as well. After all, your XLR was built in Bowling Green. :) Just go to the NCM's website and look under SUPPORT for brick options.

XLR Brick.jpg

Rolling to Bowling...

Cubby... Chicago Dave..... Is it safe to say we're hitting Bowling Green? (Hotel already booked) - Couldn't find any info on Carmel Artomobilia... It's Sarasota this year, I guess.

Hittin' the bricks....

Gotta get my brick bro..... Thanks for the info.

Just thought I would mention to the newer folks here that there is an XLR Brick at the National Corvette Museum. I think it would be a great idea to have more people donate a brick, to not only show your love and support of your XLR - but also support the National Corvette Museum. Consider joining the NCM as a member as well. After all, your XLR was built in Bowling Green. :) Just go to the NCM's website and look under SUPPORT for brick options.

View attachment 7754

Yes we have our room booked. Don't know if we will still have the V or not though. May be going down in a new Vette.

Cubby... Chicago Dave..... Is it safe to say we're hitting Bowling Green? (Hotel already booked) - Couldn't find any info on Carmel Artomobilia... It's Sarasota this year, I guess.

NCM tour and activities

Debbie Eaton from the NCM has gotten back to me about our tour and events on Friday 9/28. With the 60+ people that we now have, she had to book us into a larger meeting room (that's good news!) Now the bad news, I need money!!! This tour is $29 / head and it includes a box lunch and entry into the NCM and the other places we're going that going to and the ice cream at Chaney's dairy barn. How do we want to arrange this? I do have a PayPal account, maybe use it?

I don't want to pay by myself for all you Riff Raff!!! :chuckle :laugh: :lol:

Chad

Blind Spot: Hotel?

My bifocals were not able to help me find the post with the hotel's name. Google maps show a Courtyard by Marriott close to the Montana Grill- is that the right property? I did find the original post with the reunion week's tentative schedule on it though.

Try this link: Hotel for 15 yr reunion

My bifocals were not able to help me find the post with the hotel's name. Google maps show a Courtyard by Marriott close to the Montana Grill- is that the right property? I did find the original post with the reunion week's tentative schedule on it though.

Debbie Eaton from the NCM has gotten back to me about our tour and events on Friday 9/28. With the 60+ people that we now have, she had to book us into a larger meeting room (that's good news!) Now the bad news, I need money!!! This tour is $29 / head and it includes a box lunch and entry into the NCM and the other places we're going that going to and the ice cream at Chaney's dairy barn. How do we want to arrange this? I do have a PayPal account, maybe use it?

Chad

I vote for PayPal, it’s easy to set up if you don’t have it. What do you want to set for the drop dead deadline to pay? I assume it’s going to be like at least one of the events we set up on our trip - no pay in advance = no go! (we couldn’t foot the bill for the riff raff either! :chuckle)

Follow Up Question

As a new member I don’t know all the veterans in the group but I want to attend and will send the group any entrance fees when needed. PayPal would work well for me, let me know when the plans and timelines firm up.:thumbsup

QUOTE=Popbigguy;75109]Debbie Eaton from the NCM has gotten back to me about our tour and events on Friday 9/28. With the 60+ people that we now have, she had to book us into a larger meeting room (that's good news!) Now the bad news, I need money!!! This tour is $29 / head and it includes a box lunch and entry into the NCM and the other places we're going that going to and the ice cream at Chaney's dairy barn. How do we want to arrange this? I do have a PayPal account, maybe use it?

Chad[/QUOTE]

Chad

As this event is getting closer, we was discussing plans today, looks like we will plan on leaving PA Wednesday early 6-7am in the morning and hopefully arrive in BG that evening! Google maps shows about 10 hours road trip time nonstop, of course they’ll be stops.....LOL! Since we have free rooms points at Hilton we will most likely be staying next door to the Marriott, just a short walk across the parking lot. Chad we also like and use PayPal for payments as needed. We use it all time and it’s a Safe and Secure way to send money. Chad just let us know if and when you need a payment sent!
If any XLR locals or anyone going that way on Wednesday wants to join in on a convoy hits us up.... last time we did this trip for the 10 Year Homecoming I think we had a 4 XLRS Group as we traveled our way down to BG! Hit me up here or email me at WindRestrictorglowin4u@gmail.com Thanks Dan

Last edited:
PayPal? Check? Money Order? Let me know where I need to send the money?

Hey Guys, Let me know who I need to send the fee's too and I'll take care of the fees. Thanks! Greg Devlin (jgregdevlin@gmail.com)

Take our money, Please!

Chad

Hi Chad and Rogene,
This is Riff and my husband Raff. :love: We don't want you footing
our fees either. Well be happy to pay through paypal, check or carrier pigeon 🕊. Just let us know. Thanks for everything you're doing. We've had reservations at Marriott for months now and are really looking forward to our rendezvous.

We've Booked the Marriott!

Hey Gang, we're booked for the Marriott Hotel. Chad, I can send you the money by PayPal, Check, Money Order (Whatever) whenever. Just let me know the best way to get it to you and also if there are any other costs involved. Thanks! "Tikiman" (Greg Devlin- jgregdevlin@gmail.com)

OK. When. Where & How? : )

Chad

Hi Chad,

Please just advise (a) what your deadline is?, and (b) how we make payment to you? I still have your address from The Montana Rocket Run Rally, and will be pleased to send you a check for the two of us. Obviously, it is not my place to publish your address here, nor would I do so. My guess is that most of the Members have a Pay Pal Account, as do I.

So, please advise deadline and how you wish to receive payment?

From one of "The Deplorables". Also known as "Riff Raff".
;)

Bowling Green NCM trip....

Good afternoon... Just wondering have you decided on how you wanted us to get your payments to you... I too would never want you to have to foot that bill on your own in hopes of everyone coming through later. I'm in either way just need to know where to send the loot...lol.. If you're interested in doing the paypal thing please (by all means) just let me know bro... And thanks so much for all that you're doing.

Eric...

Chad

All Y’all. Do not have my XLR any more however, heard of the reunion from BobW and Crimson Pearl. Plan on making an appearance however not sure how long I will be in town.
Chad and Rogene; thank you for taking on this monumental task. Let me know if I can help.

New folks; last I heard all are welcome so please do not derail this thread with obscure side issues. It works best when you are either confirming your attendance or offering assistance as requested.

Good to hear from you Dave, hope to see you at the gathering! :burnout:

Roundtable discussion about XLR issues

Chad, what do you and our other members think about finding some time for "Roundtable" discussion about XLR issues such as insurance, parts availability, upgrades, maintenance, tires, shocks, batteries, etc.?

With a good number of cars in attendance, it seems like a good opportunity to discuss these issues en masse as opposed to speaking with one or two owners at a time.

Perhaps after dinner one evening?

Roundtable Idea!

A roundtable session some evening would be a great idea. A would be a nice way for rookies like me to gather suggestions and tips from veteran owners.:)

Chad, what do you and our other members think about finding some time for "Roundtable" discussion about XLR issues such as insurance, parts availability, upgrades, maintenance, tires, shocks, batteries, etc.?

Perhaps after dinner one evening?

I've got one night that I don't have a meal planned yet. I was thinking of a "pizza night". At one of other meets, we just gathered in the hotel lobby, everyone pitched in a few $'s and we had pizzas delivered (and BYOB), remember that Cubby? It was fun! Have the round table then. What'd think?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom