Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2012 Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals; Nov 17th & 18th

ChicagoDave

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Black XLR V, 2005 Black XLR, 2018 XT5 AWD, 2010 Black CTX Wagon AWD
Looks like I'm going to be going to this year's Muscle Car & Corvette Nationals show in November... my 2005 XLR was accepted to participate in the show!!! Just received the letter, accepting my car into this year's show. I'm so excited! :rocker::rocker:

It will be so cool having an XLR representing Cadillac at the show. I hope some of you midwest folks put the show on your calendar this fall.

Anyone with Facebook - check out what MCACN says about the XLR on their facebook page:

Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals

We accept very few late model cars and when we do, they are something really special. This Cadillac XLR is indeed something special! Based on the Corvette and built in Bowling Green right alongside the Corvette, these cars are indeed special, and this is one of the finest

:cool:

Great news Dave! What an honor to have your XLR in one of the best shows in the country. :rocker:

Fantastic! Great to have you & your car as a rep.

Looks like I'm going to be going to this year's Muscle Car & Corvette Nationals show in November... my 2005 XLR was accepted to participate in the show!!! Just received the letter, accepting my car into this year's show. I'm so excited! :rocker::rocker:

A well deserved honor, congrats!

It will be so cool having an XLR representing Cadillac at the show. I hope some of you midwest folks put the show on your calendar this fall.

Unfortunately, I'll be at the Formula One US Grand Prix in Austin, TX that week, but I'll be cheering for you, too.

That is so freaking awesome!!! Is there anywhere that the other cars appearing with your XLR are pictured or described? Love to see what these "muscle car" want-to-be's look like.....

How cool!
Steve

That is so freaking awesome!!! Is there anywhere that the other cars appearing with your XLR are pictured or described? Love to see what these "muscle car" want-to-be's look like.....

How cool!
Steve

Its a great show, Steve -

Here is their website: Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals

Also - Bruce posted a lot of pics from 2011 show that him, Cubby, and I went to: https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/events-39/2011-muscle-car-corvette-nationals-nov-19-20-a-5507/

Its going to be so cool having an XLR at the show. :rocker:

Its a great show, Steve -

Here is their website: Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals

Also - Bruce posted a lot of pics from 2011 show that him, Cubby, Devin and I went to: https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/events-39/2011-muscle-car-corvette-nationals-nov-19-20-a-5507/

Its going to be so cool having an XLR at the show. :rocker:

Dad, I didn't go to the Show in 2011, remember? I went in 2010, but in 2011 I was in Minneapolis. I wish I would have been able to go though. I'm definitely going for 2012! :)

Muscle Car & Corvette Nationals show this weekend in Chicagoland - Nov 17th & 18th

I'm getting my XLR ready for the big Muscle Car/Corvette Nationals this Sat & Sun. Sure would be nice to see a couple of other XLR owners show up and say hi. I'm kind of nervous entering my XLR in such a huge Corvette show - i'm sure all the folks there will be very nice. :cool:

Once the show is done - it will be time for my baby to go off to it's winter slumber - until next spring. Once last hurrah for 2012. I will post pictures as soon as get a chance, this weekend. :)

GOOD LUCK in the show!!! I, for one, am sure your XLR is better than any vette!!!! OK, I admit that I may be slightly biased...

The MCACN has become one of the best indoor shows in the country. Many of the finest examples from the Muscle Car era will be on display. There will be over 700 cars in the show plus those that are for sale. It will be nice to have Dave there representing the XLR family. :wave:

Great spot at the show; right next to MidAmerica Motorworks. I will upload some pix when I can.

Attachments

• 20121117_093402.jpg
    20121117_093402.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 297
GOOD LUCK in the show!!! I, for one, am sure your XLR is better than any vette!!!! OK, I admit that I may be slightly biased...

Apparently I offended a Corvette owner with this post. I received a pm about me not having to trash the Corvette, as without the Corvette, there would not be an XLR. I own a Corvette as welll as my XLR. But, personally, I do like the lines of the XLR much better, and sometimes that may come out a tad harsh to other Corvette owners. I am sorry if I have offended you if I did with this post. I like to have fun on this forum, so just keep in mind that my posts of this nature are all in jest...

Thanks, Dave... It was a really great show - a lot of awesome muscle cars and Corvettes. My location was very nice, right next to MAM's display. It was a bit boring because I did not have Devin to hang around with (he was working in the CarArtWorks booth)... but I had plenty of people to talk to and "educate" on the XLR. Not once did I hear a negative comment about the XLR - all positive. Many people told me they had never seen one in person (some didn't even know they existed). I think this show is the perfect place to display 3 or 4 of our XLR's - show a V series, one with the top up, top down, an '09 too. I know if we work with Bob Ashton, he would be more than happy to set something up for our own little corner. I know I was the only CADILLAC at the show - Bob said it was the first time he had ever had an XLR in the show. Sure would be nice to get several of our XLR's in next year's show - for the 10th Anniversary of the intro of the XLR. I wish some of the local formum members would have made it to the show. :dunno:

Between the holidays and the end of month at work - I have not had a chance to get to my pictures from the show and post some - but I will certainly try this weekend. :wave:

Now that I am an "XLR car driving" member again...this might be a neat thing to do next year.

Now I could easily be talked into joining the double Daves for this event! So long as I am not overcome by other events and my humble little White XLR is viewed as worthy for this show I would plan to do this.

Steve

Now I could easily be talked into joining the double Daves for this event! So long as I am not overcome by other events and my humble little White XLR is viewed as worthy for this show I would plan to do this.

Steve

Hmm, a red one, a white one... And there are at least a couple of blue ones not more than a few hours from Chicago (actually one IN Chicagoland). How cool would it be to have a red, white & blue XLR exhibit at next year's show? :cool:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom